• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The voice actor behind "PEGI 18" says he was paid just €200

RoboFu

One of the green rats
How much would you pay someone to record two words?

And there was probably other people who wanted more money that they didn't use.

Bunch of cheapskates.
For the scope it's used for and amount of money going around in the gaming industry, I think at least an added zero would've been reasonable.

Reactions: Dis

yanhash

Lebron James Reaction GIF

SHA

Okay, I could relate that to rich people, he's not completely wrong, if he feels he doesn't have to make sense to be rich then be one them, the notion that doesn't make any sense, does he really wanna be that or associate with these people?, it's his choice.

Radrigal

I'm sorry, with all the hostile reactions in the thread I wasn't sure if I read the article right. I re-read it again, and actually watched his TikTok.

Why the fuck are y'all on the guy's ass? He's not complaining or demanding anything, just responding to people asking him questions. Am I going insane?

Let an old guy enjoy his minute in the spotlight, besides, the voice line is recognizable no matter what anyone else says.

Quasicat

there's a weird contemporary concept that wide exposure automatically means you should be wealthy; this probably stems from the social media generation and their belief that views & likes = fame & wealth

on the contrary, there are multitudes of people who worked on something with wide reach, something known to millions in one way or another, who were just doing their jobs and compensated at a normal hourly wage
Absolutely. I remember watching an interview with Neil Armstrong (which he rarely ever did) and the interviewer asked him about his fame and fortune. Armstrong laughed and said that he made about as much for NASA as he did for the US Air Force. He said the retirement was good, but the actual income was equal to public service work…as famous as he is and he made very little financially.

mitch1971

I'm sorry, with all the hostile reactions in the thread I wasn't sure if I read the article right. I re-read it again, and actually watched his TikTok.

Why the fuck are y'all on the guy's ass? He's not complaining or demanding anything, just responding to people asking him questions. Am I going insane?

Let an old guy enjoy his minute in the spotlight, besides, the voice line is recognizable no matter what anyone else says.
Just what I thought. People on here are more interested in the gig than he was. Maybe because he looks happy and satisfied with his job and life.

welcome origin GIF

Last edited:

m14

A point well made. The man did such a good job that they are still using this clip almost 15 years later.

xrnzaaas

First time? A lot of people only read the title of the thread... and obviously it may suggest the guy's not happy about being underpaid.

Mephisto40

If he had asked for anything else they would have just found another person to do it for $200

Last edited:

Reallink

That's literally the framing of the article title and first few paragraphs. How are you confused by this? Blame the Eurogamer hack, not posters.

Last edited:

simpatico

If only he was in the union. He could have made $167 and had the peace of mind that he paid his dues to the union and can now file a grievance (that will be completely ignored, but it’s still cathartic).

Last edited:

LRKD

He got well paid for an easy job good on him. The thought of getting royalties for a 2-word audio clip is preposterous. If he said no, not without royalties they would've just hired someone else who said yes.

Fbh

Seems about right.
It's only 2 words and unlike the EA Sports Guy is not like it's part of the brand identity

Internet 101.
Half the people don't read the OP and just respond to the title.
Most of the people from the other half that do at least read the thread don't understand the concept of context.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
I don't know what's happening, but most of the sound effects and voiceover are so bland and neutral, it doesn't evoke any emotion when heard. COD has these fart like weapon sounds, Armored Core's weapon effects were also like muffled farts, but why... destruction is fun, but without proper sound effects and voiceover they take the fun out of it. The baseline should be the game called Black or Half Life. Imagine Darkest Dungeon without Wayne June's stellar performance.

Btw, that's why the concept of NFTs are quite ok, but of course the eliiite doesn't like the premise that whenever a creative person creates something and sells it, he/she could get another X percent from any further transactions. So the person can make a living from it and doesn't have to work for any fucking company.

ByWatterson

Those are entirely different things. If someone is using that builders house to advertise for their own company, then yes. They should

This is crazy.

1. Builder makes house.
2. House is used as a home daycare.
3. In promotional materials, the home is featured as a selling point.
4. The builder gets a slice of the daycare fees - INTO PERPETUITY???

Utter nonsense.

iHaunter

This is crazy.

1. Builder makes house.
2. House is used as a home daycare.
3. In promotional materials, the home is featured as a selling point.
4. The builder gets a slice of the daycare fees - INTO PERPETUITY???

Utter nonsense.
It's apples and bricks. We're talking about licensed media. Not property.

MayauMiao

The problem is the headline of this discussion emphasize on how much he got paid, which really sends an unintentional impression that the guy just wants more money. Can't really blame them after the Bayonetta voice actress debacle.

Top Bottom