• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead Survival Instict Revealed

Rootbeer

Banned
ummmm ugh :\ Spoiler sorta at the start of the game, but who really cares with this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWjuCid5p4o

First 8 mins of gameplay *360 version*
*blinks*
this is what's passing for a retail game in 2013?
this game is burning up the charts on amazon!
sigh.

will buy... when it's 50% or more off, simply because it has daryl and uses the voice actor from the show. i really want to just pass completely but i'm too curious. love the show and comics T__T

triggaz

Banned
yeah Terminal Reality is a decent dev it's a budget game that in and of itself doesn't make it bad. I'm gonna play it not sure if I'm gonna rent it (redbox) or just buy it outright.

Shady859

I love the comics, got hooked when it was still in the teen issues. Love the show. Loved the Telltale games BUT this looks like a steaming turd of a money grab. :(

Will wait for redbox or eventually gamefly it. I hope i'm wrong but the whole hiding of footage and embargo plus price quietly screams we hope the name sells it.

Stitch

Gold Member
It looks like Road to Fiddler's Green with better graphics.

I played the Road to Fiddler's Green Multi-Player a LOT :D

ElRenoRaven

ummmm ugh :\ Spoiler sorta at the start of the game, but who really cares with this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWjuCid5p4o

First 8 mins of gameplay *360 version*

Hmm interesting. Looks very linear. That in itself though doesn't make it bad. Graphics aren't going to be anything to write home about but neither was Ghostbusters or any of their other games.

yeah Terminal Reality is a decent dev it's a budget game that in and of itself doesn't make it bad. I'm gonna play it not sure if I'm gonna rent it (redbox) or just buy it outright.

Yea. They've never really been a AAA developer but they know that and do an ok job. I find that when I have played a few of their games I've enjoyed myself. Overall once in awhile you just have to take a chance. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose when you do. But it would get boring if you stuck to the AAA top of the line games all the time. I'd have missed some real gems if I had. I should have it soon. Changed my mind and went with the WII U version from Toys R Us. Not paying the 60 plus the seller on Amazon wants. But when it comes in I will give my thoughts without a doubt. That's the one nice thing about them doing all 3 versions. It should be pretty much the same between all 3.

ElRenoRaven

The whole "Attack a zombie with a knife" had me scratching my head.

That's actually explained in the show and comics. Loud noises draw walkers. Hence if you can kill one quietly it doesn't draw a bunch to you. So they tend to try and use quiet means of dispatching them. Speaking of the game is anyone doing an OT for it?

RPGCrazied

I love the walking dead, but I wouldn't pay $5 for this. I'm not much of a shooter fan, so. If it was more like fallout, then yeah, but its not.

The whole "Attack a zombie with a knife" had me scratching my head.

I like the simplicity of it all. Four slashes with a knife and the zombie is down. No need to destroy the brain, it simply drops dead.

One thing I do appreciate is the lack of regenerating health. Seems they've made a health system that actually punishes the player for going in all knives slashing.

triggaz

Banned
They are? Their output over the past decade has been poor/incredibly inconsistent.

They are obviously stuck in the mode of license games and casual fair but I enjoyed ghost busters and and Blood Rayne also the Def Jam game was fun for what it was. Like others not expecting game of the year I like the ip the premise of the game seems interesting as long as it's not broking and I don't think they have ever shipped a broken game. It should be worth a Play not sure about a buy though.

ElRenoRaven

They are obviously stuck in the mode of license games and casual fair but I enjoyed ghost busters and and Blood Rayne also the Def Jam game was fun for what it was. Like others not expecting game of the year I like the ip the premise of the game seems interesting as long as it's not broking and I don't think they have ever shipped a broken game. It should be worth a Play not sure about a buy though.

Exactly. You don't go into their games expecting AAA. Hell I think Ghostbusters was as close as they've ever come to AAA and it was damn good. However even it I'd call a AA game at best. Most of the time you go in expecting a brief diversion that at 20 or less is worth it. This one I'm fully going in expecting it to probably to not even be worth that.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
The end of the Walkthrough Pt 1 at least looked remotely interesting giving you the option to take one of three paths in the truck. Main road, back road and I think highway. Each one offering pros and cons.

Probably worth a rent.

ElRenoRaven

The end of the Walkthrough Pt 1 at least looked remotely interesting giving you the option to take one of three paths in the truck. Main road, back road and I think highway. Each one offering pros and cons.

Probably worth a rent.

Yea I have to say that was the most interesting thing I saw in that. Makes me wonder if any of the choices like that will truly affect the story or not. If so that could be pretty interesting.

haikira

look very bad but at least this look like an actual video game unlike Telltale crappy interactive show

Having just finished the first four episodes of Telltale's game, i think objectively it's a a very good interactive experience. The worst i could say is, none of the puzzles have been particularly difficult. I think what you mean to say is, you have no interest in the genre.

Radogol

That would be an incredibly stupid move.

The game is pretty boring tbh

bailout4tj.jpg

FlyFaster

Man I'm a huge Walking Dead fan but this game looks like trash.

This is the kind of stuff they need to avoid to keep the brand strong and fresh. Never should have let this game come out or let this dev near it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Activision got rid of a guy who posted 3 vids it seems. He put 3 up and now all have been removed due to copyright issues. I also have no clue if his copy was legit, sure seemed like it.

They really don't want anyone to see this game before it's released *shrug*

sunnz

It's like...

Wow.

The zombies, animations, graphics... It all looks like crap.

I love zombies games but this is just brutal to watch ( not as in the kills, but how bad it sadly is gonna be)

It's like a linear, story driven Warz...

Activision thought it was good to cancel True Crimes: HK, but are ok with developing this crap? Yea ok.

Oshimai

Def. gonna avoid this game. As a lot of other ppl mentioned, those knife animations are hideous... is Daryl missing his left arm??

If the game itself didn't look sad enough, listening to Michael Rooker being forced to discuss the game (which he clearly knows nothing about) was especially painful.

But I suppose that means he doesn't know it's a huge piece of shit, so there is that.

Top Bottom