• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be the oddest pigeonholing ever.

"Man, all CD Projekt ever makes is medieval fantasy games about political backstabbing and rare dragons."

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Game of Thrones games that I know off:

A truly awful strategy game was made by Cyanide studios and released last year.

The same studio (different team) is developing a cool looking RPG, which comes out next month.

There's also some manner of MMORPG in the works, but being developed by a different company, I think.

Funny thing about the Witcher books is that I could tell people that it's the coming of age story of a tween girl and be totally not joking about it. There's even a unicorn.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
fce505a42b5300957499d02c91bb839a587b929b.jpg

read this one yet? they went in some really odd directions with it, not sure what they were thinking.

Ciastek3214

Funny thing about the Witcher books is that I could tell people that it's the coming of age story of a tween girl and be totally not joking about it. There's even a unicorn.

Add to it that this girl murders people no matter the reason, and you have perfectly typical woman.
I'm kidding, please don't ban me.

EDIT: Look what I've found, videos explaining story of Witcher 1 to those who haven't played it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERsHMagUac&list=UUozZmz40Oc6NYD4JtZJgO8A&index=3&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN6lBXuO3TA&list=UUozZmz40Oc6NYD4JtZJgO8A&index=2&feature=plcp

2AdEPT

I realize I am prolly the only one playing this game in this thread right now...but I finally beat Kayran last night...pretty tough for a noob on Dark mode...but the Blasphemer set really helped or I might not have lasted enough to get teh staregy down.....took me about two hours of constant attempts.....even after I got the run down from spoilers and even a youtube video on the topic. I carefully purchased the plans for the trap and crafted it prior to doing it but when it was obviosuly superfluous I went back to a previos save to save my coin.

JWong

Banned
Are there any Witcher figurines? The bust is... strange to have.

Also, is the CE available anymore? I'd buy the bust anyways.

Sliver

Launched it, this popped up:

RR2OL.png

Now it's acting like this is the first time I've launched it, and it's now installing .net framework stuff.

Mrbob

I just played it after the update. Seems to have the new 360 controller controls in it now. There is also a tutorial option now and arena option from the menu screen. Not sure if any in game stuff changed.

Lingitiz

I just played it after the update. Seems to have the new 360 controller controls in it now. There is also a tutorial option now and arena option from the menu screen. Not sure if any in game stuff changed.

The tutorial and arena stuff is from the 2.0 update isn't it?

Fjordson

It's so close. So excited. Up there with Max Payne 3 as my most anticipated game this year.

Are we just going to keep up this thread or is there a new OT being made for the Enhanced Edition/console release?

was there a bug in one of the recent patches that removed the stuff that was censored in the AU version? I have the US steam version of the game but i'm missing elf_flotsam.dzip and succubuss.dzip in CookedPC, as well as Witcher 2 Succubus.ncf

wondering if I can just replace these files since I have them backed up on an external hard drive from way back before any patches came out. Tried uninstalling the game and downloading it again, and also verifying integrity of the game cache through steam, but the files are still missing

hlhbk

Now that the video for the story of the origional is out I have to ask is it worth playing through the origional before playing the 2nd game? I have put in about 20 hours into the origional and felt that while the story was great I felt it was drawn on to long and got bored.

My backlog is massive, and I am waiting for the enhanced edition to be released. Do the videos in this thread and the one just released cover what I need to know going into the next game?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I had a 10gb update in Steam, and got excited that the EE already happened....so what did I just download?

2AdEPT

Wow ....Letho was tough on Dark....most of the help in this and other sites was along the lines of moving down to easy (which you can not do on Dark) and using aard and quick hits.....this only worked temporarily for me on Dark. Eventually, the cheesiest strategy I came up with actually worked the best......
just keep settting snare traps while dancing away and spamming quen
. May have ot come back later to do a more dignified approach but something tells me a rematch is in the works anyway.

edit: the
snare traps
actually work better than the flaming ones as the blast from those in close quarters seems to induce a knock down for me if not inducing friendly fire damage. One thing I forgot to do was go to a place of power ahead of time, but since then, I have devised a route that enables three places of power to come up...one shield, one medic cross, one down triangle.... Quen maybe? ALl near the SE door out of FLotsam toward the forest...should be good for the next stage for me which is the Loredo and spy capture at Loredo's fortress.

1stStrike

Banned
The new story video is out on youtube. Info:

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition: “52 and a half” movie. Know more about Geralt the Riv.

CD Projket RED, the developers of The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for Xbox 360 and PC, have published a new video about their protagonist – Geralt of Rivia. The movie called “52 and a half” is made using the game’s REDengine, the tool which makes the game one of the best looking titles on this generation’s hardware. THE MOVIE DOES NOT CONTAIN IN GAME FOOTAGE and is a stand-alone story set in The Witcher’s universe. The game will be available for Xbox and PC users April 17th.

The video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMc1ySC6Qao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom