• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 – Fans Claim ‘Downgrade-ation’ Is In Full Effect After Latest Trailer

I think the lighting in this scene looked fine. As for the rest well they are at night or it's snowing in them so I would actually realistically expect more diffuse lighting. Could use some HBAO+ tho, hopefully that makes it into the final build.
esrb_thewitcher3wildhdajld.png

looks extremely flat

shpankey

not an idiot
“It will present much higher quality. I want to assure you that there will be no downgrade – I see this game every day – it looks stunning.”

I remember reading almost the EXACT same quote from some dude about Watch Dogs. Literally, lying to our proverbial faces. It read almost verbatim.

I have no trust for devs anymore, they lie.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I remember reading almost the EXACT same quote from some dude about Watch Dogs. Literally, lying to our proverbial faces. It read almost verbatim.

I have no trust for devs anymore, they lie.

I really wish you'd understand how stupid this logic is. It's really the foundation of all prejudice.

You're grouping completely unrelated people and treating them as if they are "all the same" due to the actions of one of them. It's completely ridiculous and it's important that you understand that.

older pre-downgrade images without flat lighting

Lighting can be very different depending on scene, light sources, but yeah those look better.
But goddamn the foliage looks so damn good.

Oh, it's probably this creature. I have no idea what the heck it's suppose to be. It's hard to miss though since the scenes go by fast.

YAORnZx.jpg

You are right, I don't recognize those either, even from the books. Probably some kinds of hounds whose images get distorted during the projection.

Lighting can be very different depending on scene, light sources, but yeah those look better.
But goddamn the foliage looks so damn good.

the foliage in the earlier screens does look amazing i agree, not so much anymore. lighting of course is going to vary by scene, but every scene looks flat now in the witcher regardless of lighting. in the earlier media the lighting rarely looked flat regardless of the lighting scenario

RedSwirl

image_the_witcher_3_w5ziqa.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_waqe5z.jpg

image_the_witcher_3_w88e6d.jpg

older pre-downgrade images without flat lighting

It's worth noting that all three shots are gameplay, whereas the other shot in question is a real-time cut scene. Just pointing out that difference.

the foliage in the earlier screens does look amazing i agree, not so much anymore. lighting of course is going to vary by scene, but every scene looks flat now in the witcher regardless of lighting. in the earlier media the lighting rarely looked flat regardless of the lighting scenario

Again, I don't think that difference can be definitively pointed out until we end up seeing the exact same scenes in later builds of the game.

shpankey

not an idiot
I really wish you'd understand how stupid this logic is. It's really the foundation of all prejudice.

You're grouping completely unrelated people and treating them as if they are "all the same" due to the actions of one of them. It's completely ridiculous and it's important that you understand that.

I understand, and you're ultimately right. My cynicism just gets the better of me sometimes. Believe me, I don't want it to be true. Just frustration coming through to being lied to (and not just the one time I listed) before. But the best I can do is be pessimistically optimistic.

The screenshots make it look much worse than it actually is, I watched the trailer and it still looks pretty much the same in motion and no different to the other XB1 content shown which is pretty good IMO.

The only question that remains is, is the PC version now just a port of the console version or does it still look the same as the original screenshots/reveal.

Skyzard

Banned
Have they commented on the downgrade? Like even any claim to deny it, or explain it was the console version?

Lighting seems gone.

Top Bottom