• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Complete Edition spotted on Amazon. August 30th.

CHC

Ok fuck yeah it's officially August 30th now. Great news. Hope they included one last patch to fix a couple of the Blood and Wine bugs here.

sublimit

Banned
The people who will play this for the first time are in for one of their best gaming experiences of their lives!

Vashetti

Banned
Ah, yeah, once you take into account other languages that'd need to be on the disc, it definitely would. Still, though, compression could help there.

I suppose they could do some re-engineering to the game, since it will contain every piece of content released.

Rather than the release so far where every patch, DLC and expansion has just been applied on top, if that makes any sense.

Whales

Banned
you guya think this includes performance boosts like the old enchanced edititions?

Ive waited so long for this package, cant wait to play it

Theorry

you guya think this includes performance boosts like the old enchanced edititions?

Doubt it. Like i said earlier they would have said so already i think. And now the trailer says nothing about it also.

CHC

It's really that good, huh? Can't wait to finally play it.

I think so, I have 300 hours clocked on my one and only playthrough. Without even the considering the generally excellent stories and writing, the world is just so endlessly gorgeous and explorable.

erawsd

No, Im willing to bet they didnt call it "enhanced edition" because there are no enhancements. Its just the base game, dlc, and expansions in one package.

I am currently making my way through New Game+ on Death March difficulty. I havent touched the expansion yet. I need to level up to 62 before I embark on the Hearts of Stone story.

CHC

I wouldn't expect more than maybe one final patch to stamp out some bugs. I think in terms of performance and gameplay tweaks, we've seen all we're going to get by now.

Ydelnae

I feel offended (jk) by the simple thought of people being able to buy the game and the dlcs for just 50€ lmao, I don't know, it's an amazing amount of such good content for that price.

Tempted to buy it again almost as an apology for buying my goty off eBay originally (when they had a 20% off code, it was way cheaper than everywhere else at the time). Hmm.

Auctopus

I'm so excited for other people to buy this package. I'm tempted to buy it myself to support them but I'm not one of those people.

Horns

Finally finished Blood & Wine last night. So good. This game and all the DLC will keep you entertained for months.

Awe shoot! May pick up another copy of it for the Xbox One.

The Game without its DLC was about 35 GB, so I'm guessing that it'll be on one disc because HoS is 2.4 GB and B&W is 15 GB. Definitely a tight squeeze, but it'll fit...lol.

The cover artwork is still terrible. Was never a fan of the generic, white background against Geralt. Needs something more gothic that fits the game's aesthetics. The steel covers were beautiful.

Flux

If they are going with that cover art, needs more arkham GOTY-style words to fill all that white space.
I would get this version just to have a complete witchery 3.

Cotrip

I want that. Now I need to know if this version will use the save of the original.

I don't want to start all over again just to play the DLCs.

DVCY201

Only have the base game, debating whether I should wait for this to drop in price and trade in the older version

Tovarisc

It's really that good, huh? Can't wait to finally play it.

Combat can feel clunky and awkward at first, but once you get used to it and can focus on world and stories within it's really that good.

imo*

*played core game and all DLC on hardest diff, put in hundreds of hours and loved all of it

Weetrick

The physical PC preorder is available with a 20% Prime discount on Amazon. I'm assuming the boxed copy comes with a Steam/GOG code? Did the non-GOTY edition ship with a code?

I really just want a digital copy, but it's hard to pass on $40 w/free release day shipping.

Drazgul

The physical PC preorder is available with a 20% Prime discount on Amazon. I'm assuming the boxed copy comes with a Steam/GOG code? Did the non-GOTY edition ship with a code?

I really just want a digital copy, but it's hard to pass on $40 w/free release day shipping.

A code for GOG, yes.

This game has been raved about and praised for quite a while now, it seems like a good time to jump in.
Hopefully i wont be lost with the lore and history as i never played any of The Witcher games or read any of the books?

Tovarisc

This game has been raved and praised for quite a while now, it seems like a good time to jump in.
Hopefully i wont be lost with the lore and history as i never played any of The Witcher games or read any of the books?

It helps if you know stuff from previous games, BUT CDPR has written everything in TW3 with assumption that for player this is first Witcher game. They do good job with explaining characters to new comers, explaining state of the world to new comers etc. without feeling like hand holding tutorial for the world.

You are in for the treat!

It helps if you know stuff from previous games, BUT CDPR has written everything in TW3 with assumption that for player this is first Witcher game. They do good job with explaining characters to new comers, explaining state of the world to new comers etc. without feeling like hand holding tutorial for the world.

You are in for the treat!

Great to know! Thanks!

Theorry

This game has been raved about and praised for quite a while now, it seems like a good time to jump in.

Not really. They do a decent job to keep the story simple enough. But reading some about Witcher 1 and 2 beforehand makes it easier imo. Did that also. And made the entry even better and only takes 5 min or something.

Top Bottom