• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 | Review Thread

abunai

It looks to deserve the high scores for making the combat look how I imagined it from reading the books. Can't wait.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

5IRmeGU.gif

Damn, my PC won't probably run it and I most like won't get a ps4 until christmas.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I will wait till I've played it myself after the praise for Dragon Age Inquisition, still feeling burnt with that one.

Lingitiz

PS4 framerate in that Gamespot review seems a little spotty. Wonder if it's just the video player?

Great scores, shame about the PC review copies.

Jb

Eurogamer.net:

"Ambiguity and the messiness of human life. Games have already proven that they can build and populate open worlds, even worlds as majestic and romantic and wild as this one. But this stuff is a reminder that the Witcher 3 is trying to do something different. It is trying to make an open world feel convincingly inhabited, to give it the warp and weft of narrative history. That's a pretty interesting quest, and CD Projekt is a pretty interesting adventurer, beating a path into strange and bewitching new places. The result is that this Polish studio's first open world is one of the greatest we've ever seen."

Braag

I all ready have it pre ordered, but dayum.. I wasn't expecting quite so high scores.
I'm glad it's doing so well, good on CDPR.
Kevin giving it a 10/10 is crazy, I can't wait for May 19 :p

Vossler

Loved Witcher and Witcher 2 - thinking about taking off next Tuesday/Wednesday - haven't done that in a LOONG time.

That IGN review doesn't match the score they gave it. It's just i as I thought, 100 hours with loads of padding and meaningless fetch quests, exactly the same as dragon Age Inquisition. The first paragraph was about how huge the open world was.. Same as da:I. Combine this with the shitty UI and inventory system means it's not a purchase for me.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One curious question, I've had the game pre-ordered for close to a year, I'm kind of hopping into this completely blind and I haven't played the first two Witcher games despite owning them forever on Steam. Should I try to play some of those games before Witcher 3, or think I should just dive right into it?

spookyfish

This was the first game I was going to buy both the PS4 and Xbox One collector's editions. However, logic finally prevailed, and I cancelled the PS4 collector's and just bought the "regular" version. I'll have the Xbox's physical extras, and the game on PS4.

If I had a PC worth a damn, I'd buy it on that, too. Well done, CDP.

Just you wait for an 8.5

Well, it probably won't be Polygon, since the marketing tie-ins for the game are with Xbox.

Joking. Kind of.

Top Bottom