• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Concept Artwork Showcases 27 Armor Sets for Geralt

Lunar15

I think the concept is a bit off from his in game model, but he still has more of an upper body in this one regardless. Do we know how long after The Witcher 2 this is?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The only visually unappealing thing from that gif is his pony tail.

Such a great looking game, oozes atmosphere.

The pony tail is indeed awful looking and his hair should be white as well (Ciri is the one with the ashen hair not Geralt)

DieH@rd

Banned
I like that they are pushing for realism. Wool, fur & leather >>>>>>>> impractical-looking fantasy full plate metal crap.

kanuuna

The Witcher 2 had some of the best looking, and I'd say most believable looking armor in a fantasy RPG. I loved the way all the clothing and armor was layered. And though armor choices on the player side weren't terribly varied in terms of size and layout, the attention to detail was really something.

Also, I would dare say that game had the most authentic looking leather in any game. Materials looked the part everywhere you went in that game to be honest - such a great looking game.

cripterion

These are gorgeous. Geralt looks like a badass Ronin in some of them. Definitely liking the nomad look they gave to certain armor sets.

Now tell me this will run wonderfully on i5 Ivy Bridge and SLI GTX670 installed on an SSD and I'm game!

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Number 26 is the one for me. Cloak, scarf covering lower half of the face. Has that "wandering stranger" vibe.

edit: ^^^ Nomad! That's the word I was looking for.

epmode

Armor in action:

Putting an image link inside a URL isn't a good idea when you consider that the main GAF site likes to shrink images that are too wide (especially when they appear in quotes).

Typically, you can get an image back to full size by clicking on it but the URL+IMG thing forces an undesired window to appear instead.

Blasphemy! That's the haircut I rocked in Witcher 2.

neogafdude26wi.gif

I can't wait. I have just started a new build so hopefully, I'll be able to play W3 at near max settings. I really wish they would announce system requirements. I don't think I'll buy this on PS4 or Xbone.

Skelter

Banned
The Witcher 2 had some of the best looking, and I'd say most believable looking armor in a fantasy RPG. I loved the way all the clothing and armor was layered. And though armor choices on the player side weren't terribly varied in terms of size and layout, the attention to detail was really something.

Also, I would dare say that game had the most authentic looking leather in any game. Materials looked the part everywhere you went in that game to be honest - such a great looking game.

So much detail went into the armor it just looks heavy like something straight out of Games of Thrones even. My favorite is definitely Seltkirk's armor. Brilliant color and design. Witcher 3 armors with fur+ Nvidia fur tech is going to be amazing.

Top Bottom