• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next Gen delayed again

R6Rider

Gold Member
Witcher 3 GIF by The Witcher

Lol it better be a fucking significant upgrade...cause if it's rtx shadows only then fuck that shit. We want sword of destiny changes.
Lol I don’t think it’s taken 2+ years to implement RTX shadows. Among other things I’ve seen over and over that they were adding in new content from the Netflix series.

Last edited:
Don't why people are complaining, I know it's a pisstake which has taken two years now.

However CDPR did say months ago they'll release it Q4 of this year, so let's wait till October.

Griffon

They should just cut their loss and cancel that. Honestly who cares about a few RT reflexions, the game still looks and run good.

It's an old game that isn't gonna move millions of 70€ copies. Why are they bothering with this?

60fps and increased resolution is all it needed. What are they doing with it exactly?
There's a big difference between back-compat vs a native app from the original developer, with a lot of work put into. And haven't they also said they're adding in DLC content based on the Netflix series?

I'm not clear on the negativity surrounding this update. This update is a good thing, not a bad thing. Not sure why some people being that way about a well-deserved upgrade for such a beloved/ amazing game.

There's a big difference between back-compat vs a native app from the original developer, with a lot of work put into. And haven't they also said they're adding in DLC content based on the Netflix series?

I'm not clear on the negativity surrounding this update. This update is a good thing, not a bad thing. Not sure why some people being that way about a well-deserved upgrade for such a beloved/ amazing game.
I think people are soured by Cyberpunk. There's literally nothing to complain about in regards to Witcher 3. You can play it on Xbox at 60fps, play it on PC with framerates much better than that and mods to drastically improve the graphics. I played through W3 again a few months back with about 30gbs' worth of graphic mods and the game is still stunning. I'd love to have a next-gen patch, but I highly doubt it'll give much more than what modders have already done on PC. Even if you don't have access to a high fps version or PC version of the game, it's still the great game it was when it was released. I can't even think of another studio that will release single-player content so far after release as it is.

Last edited:
I think people are soured by Cyberpunk. There's literally nothing to complain about in regards to Witcher 3. You can play it on Xbox at 60fps, play it on PC with framerates much better than that and mods to drastically improve the graphics. I played through W3 again a few months back with about 30gbs' worth of graphic mods and the game is still stunning. I'd love to have a next-gen patch, but I highly doubt it'll give much more than what modders have already done on PC. Even if you don't have access to a high fps version or PC version of the game, it's still the great game it was when it was released. I can't even think of another studio that will release single-player content so far after release as it is.
I'm deliberately holding off on playing it again until the native Series X version is out. So stoked!

And what would this have to do with Cyberpunk? Isn't the whole reason they took it back in-house from Saber and delayed it was to ensure quality? That's the opposite of the reason behind Cyberpunk's launch issues, which were mostly stemmed from the game just not being quite finished yet. If anything, the delay from Q2 to Q4 this year and moving it in-house proves that this is them having learned from Cyberpunk, and not wanting a repeat of that disaster.

Last edited:
They should stop wasting resources on this and just add a 60fps mode for PlayStation and call it a day. The last thing CDPR needs to worry about is releasing another shit show of a game.
Good Lord... the game was finished in 2016. This is an update of the game to take advantage of the next-gen consoles. Let's temper down the ridiculous hyperbole, people.

Last edited:
I had done by the time I posted that. What's your point?
You had said you didn't think it was ever coming out. As response to the thread bump from April's news of the delay when they brought in-house and announced it would Q4 instead of Q2. It's not even Q3 yet, so I'm unclear why you are saying it's "never coming out". They're probably going to drop it real quick out of the blue without a lot of notice, as it's a port and not a new game.

GHG

You had said you didn't think it was ever coming out. As response to the thread bump from April's news of the delay when they brought in-house and announced it would Q4 instead of Q2. It's not even Q3 yet, so I'm unclear why you are saying it's "never coming out". They're probably going to drop it real quick out of the blue without a lot of notice, as it's a port and not a new game.

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

Cross reference the following with the time of my post.

4E6IWDd.jpg
XpHBL6W.jpg

So in summary...

dave-chappelle-shut-the-fuck-up.gif

They aren't showing anything, it's CDPR, it's not coming. The end.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Lol it better be a fucking significant upgrade...cause if it's rtx shadows only then fuck that shit. We want sword of destiny changes.
I don't even expect it to be a particularly noticeable upgrade on the PC side, frankly.

It's probably something targeted mostly at those sad wankers begging for 60 fps while jumping from PS4 to PS5.

This the only reason why I still prefer playing games on my PS5.

They have had enough feedback on it over the years. I give up myself on doing so on a variety of feedback because it felt like a complete waste of time.

Anyone still willing to do should tweet the likes of Jason Ronald, he sometimes responds to feedback/suggestions I guess.

Last edited:
They should stop wasting resources on this and just add a 60fps mode for PlayStation and call it a day. The last thing CDPR needs to worry about is releasing another shit show of a game.
They should stop wasting resources on this and add ray tracing and the like for xbox and call it a day. The last thing cdpr needs to worry about is 60 fps on console when it already exists.

Honestly i have no idea why they even bother with this and waste time on it. Its a 7-8 year old game, people by now are hungry for W4. People on PC already have massive mods that upgrade the game.

I myself am a console gamer and love W3 but to me this seems like such a waste of time and we know ppl are going to complain that it didn't change much bla bla. Game runs more than well as is.

Cancel it lets not make this another Skyrim situation.

(In my day games got released and devs moved on. Now we're getting remasters of 10 year old games)

Honestly i have no idea why they even bother with this and waste time on it. Its a 7-8 year old game, people by now are hungry for W4. People on PC already have massive mods that upgrade the game.

I myself am a console gamer and love W3 but to me this seems like such a waste of time and we know ppl are going to complain that it didn't change much bla bla. Game runs more than well as is.
Because this for the console gamers who've never been able to play it with those PC like settings. It's beloved game and many people would love to finally be able to play it at 60 fps/ultra settings.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I wish they'd hurry up, i've been holding off playing Blood & Wine for this next gen update and i'd love to delve back into that world, such a fantastic game

MilkLizard

Bought the game very cheap months ago to someday play this on my SeriesX. I´m not in a rush, since I already finished the game years ago on PS4 but the DLC will be new to me.

proandrad

They should stop wasting resources on this and add ray tracing and the like for xbox and call it a day. The last thing cdpr needs to worry about is 60 fps on console when it already exists.

The console warrior spirit is strong with this one. 60fps patch is mostly just changing an ini file. Adding proper ray tracing and testing it on a game engine that wasn’t developed with that in mind is a huge undertaking.

That would be awesome, but I think we'll get 60fps, fast loading times (which is my selling point) and better textures, and that's it.

We already know about higher framerate, faster loading times, better textures, ray tracing effects, improved lighting, improved facial animations. They're also adding some Netflix's Witcher inspired DLCs.

The console warrior spirit is strong with this one. 60fps patch is mostly just changing an ini file. Adding proper ray tracing and testing it on a game engine that wasn’t developed with that in mind is a huge undertaking.
And that's probably why it's taking so long. The one x could already run native 4k or 60 fps with resolution fluttering between 4k and 1080p.

If it was just a resolution/fps bump it'd be out by now.

Still nothing to show. 😏
Good things come to those who wait, my friend.

Assuming you are replying here because of the Cyberpunk expansion news today, Witcher 3 update is a separate team of people, and I do not think that today’s news has anything whatsoever to do with the Witcher upgrade.

Given it’s an update and not an expansion, the time between announcing a date and releasing it may be like as little as 1 day to maybe a week or two, would be my guess.

The Cyberpunk next-gen versions were released the same day the stream about them aired.

Top Bottom