• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
1bmpw2.png

Welcome to the NEOGAF The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt OFFICIAL THREAD.

The Witcher is a fantasy game adapted from a series of novels by Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski, yet there is no direct connection between the worlds. Andrzej Sapkowski has stated that the games have no significance on the story that takes place during the books. However, the games are in a way a direct sequel to the events of the books. Hopefully that makes sense.

I have tried to make an OT that lives up to the effort the dev’s have put into the game and as a big thank you to CDPR for being my favorite developer, they just seem to do everything right by my standards. I did as much as I could to not go over one post, but alas, it's been impossible to keep it under the one post guideline.

I didn't just include bunches of stuff in the OT just to fill it, everything I have included I believe to be completely relevant for newcomers and veterans and I believe an OT should be the one stop shop for all relevant game info for GAF users at launch.

So please enjoy the thread and hopefully it will go down in GAF OT history because I've worked pretty hard and I think it's come out well. Ahhhh basking in modesty. Then this one will be gone in the flash of an eye and Coreda's OT2 will blow you all away a second time. It's clear there is a lot of love out there for this game.

Credit goes to anyone's images or videos I have linked or used in the thread and Coreda who has an especially keen designers eye and for making the gif's a more manageable size. NuclearGen for the gif's in the first place. EvilLore for grudgingly giving me permission to use two posts instead of one and thanks to Lukas Japonicus for the thread title. I don’t know if any of the stuff came from GAF members - I have a distinct feeling the EatChildren (if I’m wrong please let me know) made those awesome Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 retrospectives I have linked to - I would say these two videos are a MUST WATCH for new and old players alike.

The Witcher is not your average fantasy setting thanks to its mature approach to storytelling and it's morally ambiguous cause and effect choice system. There are really no true good guys or bad guys every choice you make will have positive and negative consequences and it is never possible to please everyone. There are no color coded responses like Mass Effect and other of its ilk it is all up to you to decide which option suits the Geralt you are trying to be. Let it be known that non-bearded Geralt is a big No-No.

I have however heard that there is a bit more of a Good vs Evil vibe to the third game considering the Wild Hunt appears to be directly involved. But CDPR have been quite close lipped about the true contents of story prior to launch and I believe the trailers are deliberately meant to be a little misleading especially the “I shall give her what she deserves” comment that The Emperor makes, but who knows really.

"The Witcher" is Geralt of Rivia, who specializes in slaying monsters and solving human problems. Geralt is a Witcher, an off breed of human mutants who are specially trained to protect others from monsters, for a small fee of course. Witchers are often reviled by common people, being seen as unnatural or dangerous due to their superhuman abilities and unusual appearance, but they are the unsung heroes that common people often turn to when they need to get something done.

But we must all remember that usually humans make the worst monsters of all, so Geralt is indeed proficient at killing men as well - it is basically the reason he carries two swords.

cerskbr.png

1.5f0u2m.png

I know I know, this is part of every OT but it's important none the less, especially for a game like The Wild Hunt.
Even the smallest details can be spoilers so please if you're going to post something that even MIGHT be considered a spoiler take care.
We've all been tempted by those innocuous black boxes that could contain anything.

There is already a Spoilers Thread and this may continue to be the place to go for major plot points and spoilers. There might be a new thread after release.

For this thread, the correct Spoiler Criteria is this, you must be absolutely specific.

These are spoiler tags:
stags2gr8l.png

Wrap spoiler text in these tags to black them out and require a highlight to view.

This is a Spoiler about a late game decision.
There is not real spoiler here about Triss or Yennefer

NOT

Oh my god
Triss does something
when you choose
Yennefer

Please, ensure that you CLEARLY outline what is contained within the blacked out spoiler before using the spoiler tags, it is common sense not to put spoilers in the spoiler description.
This is the type of thing that could cause this thread to be destroyed by arguments.

In the interest of keeping this thread as focused on how awesome The Witcher 3 is please be considerate of your fellow GAF members.

There is to be NO downgrade discussion in the OFFICIAL THREAD, there is a place for that already and turning the OT into a piss and shit throwing contest WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Downgrade discussion thread is here.

2i9ssa.png

spacer0coej.png

mapy7upo.png

thewildhuntnyaoy.png

The world is in chaos. The air is thick with tension and the smoke of burnt villages. The fearsome Empire of Nilfgaard has struck again, ravaging the hapless Northern Kingdoms. The once mighty northern monarchs who tried to use Geralt and his friends for their own gain are now mostly gone. In these uncertain times, no one can say what fortune holds in store, who will bring peace to the world and who will cause it only misery. But a force darker and deadlier emerges. The petty men and women commanding tin-plated armies fail to understand that their conflict is child’s play compared to the Wild Hunt, the otherworldly threat which now looms. These ghastly spectral riders have for ages plagued humankind, bringing misery to the world.

Yet this time the Wild Hunt seeks one person in particular: the one individual Destiny itself bestowed upon Geralt, the one soul Geralt considers kin and would do anything to protect.

- Wild Hunt is the finale to the Geralt of Rivia game Trilogy.
- Three different endings with a total of 36 different variations of the main end theme.
- A vast open world with 3 distinct main areas - 35 times larger than that in The Witcher 2.
- Meaningful choices with consequences that change the story and the game world.
- No Loading screens when visiting new areas.
- Dynamic Weather and realistic Day and Night Cycle.
- A living economy: :The new in-game economy system varies the price of goods based on surrounding conditions or their place of origin relative to Geralt's
current whereabouts in the world.
- Combat complexity based on a variety of actions at the player’s disposal, not on correct attack sequencing.
- Monsters, each with their own lore, posing unique hunting challenges and responding to changes in the environment.
- An expanded Sign casting system: each of the 5 Signs has two different modes of use, creating even more possibilities in combat and challenging players to use magic in creative ways. There was only 1 mode in Witcher 2 so I'm excited about this.
- Fully integrated UI Customization.
- 36 Different Endings depending on the choices you make during the course of the game.
- Geralt can JUMP this time Booyah.
- Import your Witcher 2 save file or make your choices during an introduction sequence before the game begins.

beard7qu6s.png

charswwk8x.png

WARNING. Some of the information in the character biographies may be considered spoilers for people who have not played either the Witcher 1 and 2 or read the books.
I have included only information I believe to be relevant for first time players to know before they dive in. Possible major spoilers have been tagged.

geraltz5q40.png

Geralt of Rivia is a Witcher and our hero for this game. Witchers are monster hunters for hire. They possess superhuman abilities and are expert swordsmen having been trained since childhood.

Geralt is known also as Gwynbleidd (Elder Speech meaning "The White Wolf", a name which was given to him by the dryads), as well as the Butcher of Blaviken.

Despite his name, Geralt does not come from Rivia: he grew up in the Witchers' keep of Kaer Morhen.
In the interest of appearing more trustworthy to potential clients, young Witchers were encouraged to make up surnames for themselves by master Vesemir.
As his first choice, Geralt chose "Geralt Roger Eric du Haute-Bellegarde", but this choice was dismissed by Vesemir as silly and pretentious, so "Geralt" was all that remained.
"Of Rivia" was a more practical alternative, and Geralt even went so far as to adopt a Rivian accent to appear more authentic.

Later, Queen Meve of Lyria knighted him for his valour in the Battle for the Bridge on the Yaruga conferring on him the formal title "of Rivia", which very much amused him.
He is, therefore, a knight of Lyria, and not a commoner.

ciric4l9l.png

Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon (known as Ciri or the Lion Cub of Cintra), born in 1251, is the princess of Cintra, daughter of Pavetta and Duny (Urcheon of Erlenwald) and granddaughter of queen Calanthe.

There are possible book spoilers here, which could possibly be spoilers for game players only so read only if you want to know what happened in the books, if you want a fresh perspective - ie; continuing Geralts lost memory story then don't read.
After Geralt lifted the curse from her father, he demanded from Duny what he had but didn't know he did which is the same Law of Surprise "trick" that Duny used to "take" Pavetta as his wife.
This turned out to be Ciri as Pavetta her mother was already pregnant with the child.

Ciri's story is a focal point of the books and it is very difficult to quickly summarize those events, however I will give a few points that might help flesh out your understanding of the books without going into every detail.
- Ciri was trained as a Witcher for a time at Kaer Morhen and thus she is very skilled with a sword, much better than your average soldier.
- Ciri was trained as an enchantress by both Triss and Yennefer before they became separated however during a sequence of events she renounced her powers and lost the ability to perform magic.
- As the true and correct heiress to Cintra, a country that was previously one of the Northern realms and has been since conquered by Nilfgaard she was highly sought by many different parties during her youth for various reasons beyond politics (Elder Blood, Source Power's etc)
- Eventually Ciri ends up being transported to a foreign world and unfortunately this part of the story hasn't been translated into English yet so I don't really understand what happens but I believe it has something to do with the Wild Hunt.

If you would like to read her full story click here to check out the Witcher Wiki.

yen5zrb6.png

Yennefer of Vengerberg — a sorceress who lived in the capital city of Aedirn — Vengerberg. She was the youngest member of the Council of Sorcerers and later the Lodge of Sorceresses attempted to recruit her.
She is the love of witcher Geralt of Rivia and a mother figure to Ciri. The lady of Vengerberg is famous for her beauty. She is always wearing black and white clothing, and uses lilac and gooseberry perfumes.
She has remarkable violet eyes and raven black hair. She is a quadroon (meaning she has ¼ of elven blood).

As most sorceresses, she is sterile. She secretly sought a way of restoring her fertility. She gave her motherly love to Ciri — the child destined for Geralt by the Law of Surprise.

Geralt and Yennefer first met in a city called Rinde and didn't hit it off so well at first, however in order to save Yennefer from an extremely powerful Djinn (or Genie) which she was trying to capture unsuccessfully.
It turns out that Geralt is tied to the Djinn by three wishes, two of which have already been used. Geralt uses his last wish to entwine his fate with Yennefer which saves her from the Djinn's wrath.

Geralt and Yennefer are truly in love, however they have an interesting relationship of a very on and off again nature, when it's on this is something Triss was very jealous about.

trissvnovc.png

Triss Merigold of Maribor is a sorceress. She is called the "Fourteenth of the Hill" because she was believed to have been killed during the Battle of Sodden Hill.
She is best friend's with Yennefer while also being unhappily in love with Geralt who cares for her deeply but can never truly love her back because of his bond with Yennefer.

Triss took care of Ciri at Kaer Morhen for some time and is like an older sister to her. It was through her intervention that Ciri was not inadvertently given harmful hormones which might have negatively impacted her "womanly assets".
She was a member of King Foltest's royal council, as well as a founding member of the Lodge of Sorceresses. She has been a main character in both of the Witcher games and the primary love interest in both.

Triss is a very skilled healer and carries with her many magical potions, yet she can never use them on herself as she is allergic to magic. She is also quite a powerful mage, certainly when it counts most.

dandelioneep3e.png

Dandelion (supposed real name: Julian Alfred Pankratz viscount de Lettenhove, the title is probably a false brag which the poet is known to do) is everyone's favorite poet, minstrel, bard and the closest friend of Witcher Geralt of Rivia.
He studied poetry and music for four years at the Academy of Oxenfurt (he achieved the reputation of a sloth, drunkard and idiot).
He later becoming a professor after passing the exams with exceptional results and much to the surprise and chagrin of his teachers.
Dandelion taught students for a year, and then left the academy to travel the world. He still visits Oxenfurt from time to time to give guest lectures.

In very few years he gained worldwide fame and became known as one of the best minstrels in the Northern Kingdoms, and his best known song is the Ballad of the Lion Cub of Cintra.
He also gained the reputation of the biggest womaniser in the world — he even managed to conquer the heart of Anna Henrietta, the ruler of Toussaint.
He is very handsome and sometimes is mistaken for an elf or half-elf.

During his travels with Geralt, Dandelion started to write his memoirs, entitled "Half a Century of Poetry"; twice, in fact. His first attempt was lost in the bottom of the duchess of Toussaint's closet after the poet was banished from her duchy.
But rather than bemoaning that loss, the poet decided to rewrite his memoirs from scratch. His poems were later bound in two collections: The Adversities of Loving and Time of the Moon.
In many way's Geralt is Dandelion's Muse, often placing himself into the story as the hero with Geralt appearing as his sidekick.

vesemir4qomj.png

Vesemir is the oldest and most experienced Witcher at Kaer Morhen. He is a father figure to Geralt and the other Witchers. He spends each winter in the fortress and sets off on the road when spring comes.
He is an excellent fencer and has great knowledge of monsters.

He is one of the old Witchers to survive the assault on Kaer Morhen during the first game. Despite his age, Vesemir is robust and lively.

emyrgzr5n.png

Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd (In the Elder Speech - the White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of his Enemies). He is the current Emperor of Nilfgaard in the novels, tv series, movie and the games.
He is publicly favorable towards the Elder Races (Elves and Dwarves), generally this is in stark contrast to the Northern Monarchs.
The Emperor of Nilfgaard is the one who had been silently (but not so secretly) funding the Scoia'tael and was the one who hired Letho to Assassinate the Kings as way to cause chaos prior to the Nilfgaard invasion of the northern kingdoms.

His rule of Nilfgaard is highly aggressive, similar to his predecessors; always backing large expansionist policies. This led to the two wars against the North described in the novels.
Emhyr var Emreis is an intelligent and brilliant ruler. He picked his people well and crushed all plots against him. He was ruthless toward traitors and moved towards his goals with determination.

Potential major spoiler about a detail from the books that may come as a surprise for some people playing the games. Do not click if you don't want to know about things that happened in the books. You have been warned.
He is the father of Ciri and husband of the late Pavetta, having gone by the alias of Duny before assuming his rightful place as emperor.

wild-hunt38us5.png

The Wild Hunt is a group of specters, led by the King of the Wild Hunt, which is considered to be an omen of misfortune, death and war. It is said to appear mainly, but not exclusively during the winter. Some believe it to be simply a magical phenomenon and not a horde of specters.

Geralt, Yennefer, and Ciri have all come into close contact with the King and his specters, either directly or through dreams. In the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt it is speculated that the Wild Hunt will return in an attempt to find and capture Ciri.

monstersywxql.png

Above is a very (and I mean VERY) small selection of the wild and wonderful types of monsters that will appear during your quest through the worlds of the Wild Hunt.
Monsters are distinguished from other creatures using two primary criteria: dissimilarity to humans and lack of sentience or obvious intelligence.
Because of this, some sentient races are considered monsters because they are not humanoid and some decidedly non-humanoid creatures are considered sentient races.

Geralt has his own set of guidelines for judging what constitutes a monster. One of his tests is their reaction to silver. Most magical beasts cannot bear it. Other metrics he uses include intent and circumstance.
Overall, the witcher is far more fair in his classification of creatures into monsters and non-monsters and just because a beast looks big, scary and like a "monster" doesn't mean it is one and we all know that the worst monster is the human.

screenshotspwoux.png

1fpzm0.jpg
73lzmr.jpg

8r7x95.jpg
9c5bo3.jpg

333bx6r.jpg
17byb5w.jpg

12f2yfm.jpg
13rnbcr.jpg

142cypa.jpg
15nmllo.jpg

18aua3l.jpg
19o8zu2.jpg

2007lqy.jpg
21whl49.jpg

22ojxx3.jpg
23puxsm.jpg

24nnzu4.jpg
25pqa48.jpg

26w6b5q.jpg
28b6zcp.jpg

304uaa0.jpg
31kead1.jpg

341oai4.jpg
35m0z0s.jpg

366kyzy.jpg
37kzzje.jpg

trailerskaqi3.png

expansions0kj5b.png

On April 7th, 2015, CDPR announced two major expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, entitled Heart and Stone and Blood and Wine.
CDPR says that both expansion packs will include:
New enemies, Characters, and gear. Players will also be reunited with some "Dearly missed" characters from both the games and books.

expansion-pass-enfxuoo.png

You can purchase these extras the Expansion Pass right now either with the game or separately if you are purchasing a physical copy - this is DLC the way it is supposed to be.

Heart of Stone is scheduled for release October 2015
Heart of Stone will be a major expansion that will total at over 10 hours of additional content.
Geralt will adventure into the wilds of No Man's Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he will try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass.
Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Blood and Wine is scheduled for release first quarter 2016
Blood and Wine is a major expansion that will total at over 20 hours of additional content.
A tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.
enderlhugy.png

choiceguidek4l6r.png

Only read through this if you wish to know what each of the choices may have meant and what consequences they had in The Witcher 2. This is here to help new players make the most informed choices during the opening sequence of the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

I have provided a save file that has my choices and have shared it via Dropbox. Find it here
In this save file
all of the character's from the Witcher 2 are still alive. Aryan La Valette was saved, Loredo was still alive at the end, Iorveth's Path, Prince Stennis was still alive, Saskia was saved, Sile De Tancarville is alive and Lethod is still alive.
This save file gives the highest likelihood of having an impact on the game in the Witcher 3, however there is really no way to know at this point so I'm only guessing. I also think it's the path that Geralt would have taken had it been the book Geralt making the choices, but that's certainly a matter of perspective because many people consider the Roche path the more 'neutral' one but I believe that Geralt learned his "I must be always neutral" lesson during the books and thus has changed his ways a little since the very beginning of the story. But that's just me. The save file is a Dark Mode finish with all side quests completed, including all Dark Mode Armour sets. It was also started with my Witcher 1 save which was the squirrels path.

I don't know this for certain and will update it after the launch of the game but I believe the questions at the start of the Witcher 3 will be something like this:

Spoilered for those who don't want to know and haven't played the Witcher 2 yet. If you would like help and information to help you make the best decision for the type of character you would like to play then I suggest you read through the choices and consequences tree on the Wiki. It is very comprehensive if you need something to base your choices upon. Find it HERE.
Prologue: Did Aryan La Valette survive?
Act 1: Did you go after Loredo or save the elven women from the burning tower.
Act 1: Did you follow Roche or Iorveth?
Act 2: Roche Path - Kill King Henselt or save him?
Act 3: Roche Path - Save Anaïs, or save Triss?
Act 2: Iorveth Path - Kill Prince Stennis or save him?
Act 3: Iorveth Path - Help Phillippa so you can lift the curse from Saskia or save Triss?
Final: Duel and kill Letho or let him leave alive?

If you are starting the game without a loaded save do i choose yes or no for "simulate Witcher 2 save?" You choose YES to pick your choices.

1cgr0h.png
25poof.png
3thoxo.png
4ekr01.png
5jqrrd.png
61lru1.png
7tuqw9.png
8ghp1n.png
903qht.png
1073qe1.png
11vip6x.png
122kqkp.png
60szqg4.png
14aerrv.png
51k8r3a.png
167bqih.png
17lqoyj.png
18juoxs.png
19ejqso.png
203posg.png
21sepj5.png
22f0pvs.png
23ulpk3.png
24xwoe4.png
25xqq26.png
2627rak.png
27e8p91.png
28m3qox.png
293irk4.png
30k6rdg.png
31wfo0p.png
32mirwz.png
338lqng.png
34qbr2h.png
35m2qla.png
365irup.png
370ur89.png
38eyq4j.png
39vaq5d.png
402foe4.png
4143oxd.png
42i7oy7.png
43q6p7h.png
447crm8.png
45warw6.png
46z5rdp.png
47rwo6r.png
480wosl.png
49alr6l.png
5008rbq.png
15odui0.png
52ger1w.png
53ttqeo.png
5481r47.png
55wwo88.png
56icqg0.png
57liq6x.png
58lur6y.png
59kiu3e.png
132fugo.png

sysreqkmzpg.png

manualspacer9yurl.png

reviewsfib8b.png

The Witcher 3 Review Thread can be found HERE. Needless to say the reception so far has been incredible, many consider the game one of the best of all time. I'll ad Metacritic when it's available.

The game has scored a Metacritic rating of 93. See it Here.

faqsmdpoj.png

Q. Does anyone deserve any specific credit for this awesome OT?
A. Definitely. Thanks to Coreda who has an especially keen designers eye, has been a great help with various advice and for making the gifs a more manageable size. NuclearGen for the gifs in the first place. Lukas Japonicus for the thread title. EvilLore for grudgingly giving me permission to go to a two post thread and everyone on GAF who answered the various questions I've had over the couple of weeks I've been working on it.

Q. When will the game launch?
A. The game is due to be released simultaneously world-wide on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 19, 2015. Below are the exact time's in each time zone the game will be released. I hope I got this right, time zones do my head in.
- May 19th, 12 AM UTC
- May 19th, 12 AM GMT
- May 19th, 1 AM CET (France, Germany, England Spain etc.)
- May 19th, 9 AM AEST (Melbourne, Australian East Coast etc.)
- May 18th, 8 PM EST (New York, US Eastern Seaboard etc.)
- May 18th, 5 PM PDT (Los Angeles, US Western Seaboard etc.)
- May 18th, 8 PM EDT (New York, US Eastern Seaboard etc.)

Q. Will it be possible to change the language in the game?
A. No matter where you buy the game, it will allow you to freely change the language and subtitles independently. Depending on the region, the number of available languages may be different.

Q. Will the PC retail edition contain Steam or GOG key?
A. The information has not been officially confirmed yet, but it will probably contain a GOG key as with the Witcher 2.

Q. Was Andrzej Sapkowski, the author of The Witcher novels, involved in creating the game’s story, and if so, to what extent?
A. Nope, Andrzej Sapkowski wasn't involved at all and states that the games are not directly connected to the book canon.

Q. Will it be possible to continue playing once the main story missions are completed in order to finish side quests and other additional activities?
A. Yes, once the end credits roll you can continue playing with the equipment, skills, etc. you had by the end of the game.

Q. Are there QTE sequences in the game?
A. Nope not this time, hallelujah!

Q. Do head shots with a crossbow deal more damage?
A. Yes. Head shots have a significantly increased chance of a critical hit, which deals much more damage.

Q. Can items wear out?
A. Yes. Geralt’s crafting knowledge is limited to alchemy, so items can only be repaired by craftsmen.

Q. Does eating replenish health?
A. Yes, just as drinking alcohol and other drinks does.

Q. Is there automatic health regeneration in the game?
A. Not specifically. There are, however, abilities in the character development tree that impact speed of health recovery on eating. Also, meditation replenishes health. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a skill that unlocked regen either.

Q. Does delaying main missions have any consequences?
A. No, but ignoring certain side quests may have consequences - they could be good or bad so sometimes the better thing to do is to leave something alone, but if you're like me and I'm sure many of you are there will be no stones left un-turned.

Q. Are important places and locations marked on the world map?
A. Yes, places worth visiting and undiscovered points of interest are marked with a question mark.

Q. Are there health bars displayed over monsters?
A. Yes. You will also see information on the opponent’s level and the type of sword you should use against them (silver or steel).

Q. Can you turn off these indicators? Will all of them be present on higher difficulty levels?
A. Each element of HUD can be turned off individually. So the answer is yes, you can turn off opponents’ health bars and level information.

Q. Is it possible to turn off map indicators pointing toward special monsters, places of interest, etc.?
A. Yes, it is possible. The HUD is highly customizable. You can turn off individual elements displayed on the minimap, as well as the minimap itself as well as adjust everything else that is part of the HUD.

Q. What will be the screen resolution and frames per second (FPS) on the console versions of The Witcher 3?
A. PlayStation 4 – 1080p, 30 FPS. Xbox One – 1080p with dynamic scaling, 30 FPS.

Q. Is the PC version of The Witcher 3 running on highest graphics settings optimized for four or eight threads?
A. RED engine is a multi-threaded game engine so it scales on the basis of the available configuration.

Q. Will the game support modding?
A. Yes, but not at launch. CDPR promised to release REDkit editor faster than they did for The Witcher 2: Assassin’s of Kings which was almost a year after its release.

Q. Why did you put a star in the "Whoreson" in the title, it totally ruins the verse.
A. Because I am not sure it's acceptable to have a swear word in a thread title. If it is, a mod can readily change it or I can if I'm told it's okay.

Q. Why two posts couldn't you fit this all in one?
A. I did my best! I cut out a lot of screenshots and tried to reduce the amount of text yet I couldn't keep it to one. The first post is absolutely full in the fullest sense of the definition. It is right up to the 24000 character count.

Q. If I am starting the game without a loaded save do I choose yes or no for "simulate Witcher 2 save?"
A. Choose YES.

updatesm7xa6.png

Day 1 Patch Details said:
Major changes:
Support for DLCs
Multiple stability issues fixed
Overall performance improvements

Quests and game:
Variety of cosmetic quest improvements
Journal objective fixes
Quest mapping fixes
Dialogue flag fixes
Quest balancing issues
Scene triggering improvements

Gameplay systems:
Boat behavior
AI improvements
NPC spawn strategy improvements
Combat balancing
UI optimizations

Requested Story Recap Added
EatChildren said:

- Added Launch Cinematic to Trailers / Videos Subsection.
- Added Performance Thread to Links Subsection
- Removed gifs to make the initial post more manageable and easier to load on mobile
- Added detail about Nvidia Drivers crashing (below)

Mad Season said:
The new nvidia drivers crash randomly when using chrome on dekstop. People that are crashing ingame, make sure to turn off chrome in the background.

linksh6s7b.png

The Witcher Wiki
Official Witcher Website
Review Thread
Spoiler Thread
Downgrade Thread
PC Performance Thread
GWENT OT The Witcher 3 truly begins

let-the-hunt-beginzdsam.jpg

enderlhugy.png

• Love
Reactions: TGO

Tenebrous

Congrats on the great OT - It's going to be fun going through that before tomorrow. Less than 24 hours to go!

(Still not really excited, though).

dreamfall

7lOzUXE.gif

IT’S TIIIIIIIIIIIIME! INCREDIBLE OT. STILL PROCESSING!

So ready for the PC version! Team Yennefer forever! Ready to just wander endlessly in the grass, craft beautiful armor sets, and just go on horse-riding adventures for hours. Geralt is such a gruff, bearded badass! Ciri sections look so different and unique! Gah! SO CLOSE!

Faustek

nice as fuck and really swell to include those saves.
Mine are....well on any of these external disks and way to lazy to find it ^^

CHC

OP - it's beautiful.

You've come such a long way since you awoke from your hibernation and not even realizing that Resident Evil HD was announced.

Orca

Starter tip - explore all the question marks in the Wild Orchard region before moving on. For each power stone that you find and draw power from (buffs one of your spells), you'll get a point to spend on skills in the Character menu. Makes a HUGE difference early on.

Awesome!! I play this on Tuesday after finals so I can't wait to play it. These past few months has been good for me. Bloodborne and now the Witcher 3 :')

I call dibs on this avatar
52ger1w.png

Gbraga

That's one hell of a cool thread. Can't wait to finally play this :)

Nvidia please release the kraken already.

OP - it's beautiful.

You've come such a long way since you awoke from your hibernation and not even realizing that Resident Evil HD was announced.

Hahaha... wow someone remembered that! Lol, thanks dude :)

I bought Resident Evil HD in the Capcom sale on Steam.

Less than 24 hours to go on the PC release. It should unlock about an hour after I leave work tomorrow. Too excited for this.

Zolo

Great OP! Hope I get to see Siegfried in the game!

Edit: May as well take this opportunity to get a new avatar.

Mifec

The incredible monsters thingy: The troll is actually an Ice Giant and the "bies" tingy is just called Fiend ingame.

edit: Amazing job btw, the OT's here always deliver.

Do I delete claimed avatars from the OT? I don't know if I can keep track of them over the course of the thing...

I'm so tempted to take this one
1cgr0h.png
for the launch of the game, but I've not really ever changed my Avatar.

accidentally looked at that late game spoiler about how to use spoiler tags. would be nice if you used a fake one in the OP but hey it's my own fault. fuck me

Oh it's definitely fake!

Great OT only complaint is there isn't enough ploughing.

Ha, I considering adding my favorite quote from the books somewhere but I couldn't find a relevant spot considering I was taking the series approach. Plow them all.

This is the second game I've ever pre-ordered. The first being Wind Waker on Gamecube (to get the free OOT disc). Only pre-ordered this due to the insane prices floating around, but still.

Hype!

Game installed. Witcher 2 saves have been copied to the appropriate folder. All set! I don't know if I will be productive at work tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom