• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher III: Blood & Wine |OT| One last contract, one last plough

0c97a92ccffc70133e490c3e064f8f311d049ba51b88af152c5997db5e79f3a6.jpg

So fucking good. Gwent retail edition incoming. Complete my Gwent, complete me.

140 hours in, just sailing through the Isles, come across a cool new side quest.

Just when I think I've wrapped up, this game keeps delivering and B&W isn't even out yet.

Greatest game ever made? Greatest game ever made.

Started a new game so I could play beginning to end DLC included and I'm enjoying this game a lot more this time around though I can't wait to get to Blood and Wine hopefully by the end of the week.

Jedi2016

Still way too early in the game (double-dipped on PC version, so just started over recently). Plenty of normal game to go through before I get to this one.

CHC

In retrospect, I should have spent less on runes in HoS.

Honestly runes were a total waste. 30,000 to unlock them all, and even the best ones just give you some upgrades you can totally live without. Not to mention you're putting them on gear you have a good chance of replacing anyway.

Broank

Feelin good because I finally jumped back in about a week or so ago after a long time. Finished my Death March playthrough (I was at the very end and was debating if I wanted to start all the way over on NG+ again). Decided to just do it and plowed my NG+ character up to level 60 so I think I should be good there.
Also going the Triss way this time.
Was playing with the new patch on Xbone the last couple nights and I think I'm used to the new menus and everything now after a bit of a learning period. Map also feels sooo much smoother scrolling around. Just hope I don't get burned out playing so much in a short time..

Also found out I can still get the Gwent sets even though I already had the season pass so I went ahead and ordered those!

Got the expansion downloaded and ready to go on PS4. Still waiting for it on GOG Galaxy.

I'm so excited to play more Witcher 3.

Just started The Witcher 3 the other day and I've only done two completely optional side quests. Both were vastly more interesting than anything I did in Fallout 4 in 15 odd hours.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If you're one of those people who was utterly absorbed in simple Wild Hunt adventuring, exploring the land, taking on quests, reading notes, clearing monster nests and bandit camps, and relishing in the little details and tiny stories even of just a corpse with treasure and how they got there, you're in for a hell of a treat and an amazing sendoff to the base game.

I can't wait to get home from work and continue playing.

M.W.

Finally started HoS today. Is it long? How to beat says 10 hours, is that accurate?

I will get this as this game is fantastic.

kevin1025

Banned
I played the PS4 version for nine hours back when it first came out and never got back to it. Two days back picked up the PC version and am now five hours in, full speed ahead. I'm picking up the expansion pass on Wednesday. Goodbye, time, I barely knew you.

Dmax3901

If you're one of those people who was utterly absorbed in simple Wild Hunt adventuring, exploring the land, taking on quests, reading notes, clearing monster nests and bandit camps, and relishing in the little details and tiny stories even of just a corpse with treasure and how they got there, you're in for a hell of a treat and an amazing sendoff to the base game.

I can't wait to get home from work and continue playing.

Same. At work with this thread open on a sneaky chrome tab, checking every now and then. Can't wait to get home.

I'm trying not to think about finishing it, cause of course that means no more Witcher :(

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Preload ready on PS4. I bought the two DLC separately. I'm a little worried about he patch making it up in time though the explanation unlocks in 12 hours....

Corsick

Can I buy the DLC on GOG while owning the base game on Steam? Will they integrate and work with eachother just fine in theory? I also have Hearts of Stone via Steam. Thanks all and I can't wait for the release!

Coreda

Can I buy the DLC on GOG while owning the base game on Steam? Will they integrate and work with eachother just fine in theory? I also have Hearts of Stone via Steam. Thanks all and I can't wait for the release!

Nope. GOG/Steam have different installs.

Blitzhex

I started new game+, saved it over my 2 recent manual saves :|. I'm stupid.
I'm at the start of ng+ at level 40 atm. Can I still play Blood and Wine at my level abd with my gear?

Artdayne

I've been pushing to get my NG+ save ready for the new expansion. I'm nearly done with Hearts of Stone and this is the first time in three playthroughs where I got the best ending to the game,
where Ciri lives and decides to go back to Nilfgard
. Not only does it make sense logically but it also feels like the most fleshed out and satisfying ending as well.

Doing the night shift on the 30th (already today here), it will be a long fucking shift but I'm pretty sure I'll barely get any sleep when I get home.

Top Bottom