• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher (Netflix) Season 5 will be the last

Draugoth

Gold Member
Netflix has officially renewed The Witcher for a fifth and final season as filming commences on Season 4 of the hit fantasy drama.

The renewal announcement from Netflix coincided with the news that The Witcher's fourth (and now penultimate) season has entered production in the UK. Images from a recent table read offer fans a sneak peek at new and returning cast members, including Liam Hemsworth, who is taking over the role of Geralt of Rivia.

The Witcher secured a fourth season renewal in October 2022, but Netflix has only now given Season 5 the greenlight. The two seasons will be filmed back-to-back and will adapt the remainder of Andrzej Sapkowski's books, Baptism of Fire, The Tower of the Swallow, and Lady of the Lake, to conclude the TV adaptation.

"It is with huge pride that we begin shooting our penultimate Season of The Witcher with a stellar cast, including some exciting new additions, led by Liam Hemsworth as Geralt of Rivia," said showrunner and executive producer Lauren Schmidt Hissrich. "We're thrilled to be able to bring Andrzej Sapkowski's books to an epic and satisfying conclusion. It wouldn't be our show if we didn't push our family of characters to their absolute limit — stay tuned to see how the story ends."

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i'm suuuuure they're adapting the last books.

Last edited:

ThisIsMyDog

look-how-they-massacred-my-boy-godfather.gif
i hate netflix

LordOfChaos

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Last season was unwatchable, and the next will be without Henry Cavil trying to drag it kicking and screaming into more lore accurate. The show runners are just junk.

I kept trying to figure out if I was missing something important happening in that all is not 👏🏼👏🏼 as it seems 👏🏼👏🏼 episode, nope it was just fucking stupid and poorly edited

Last edited:

Hardensoul

Haha! I skipped S3, without Henry next season did they really expect viewers to increase? 😂

Edit: oh shit S3 not out yet, S2 was so bad it felt like I skipped it. No way I’m watching Next 3 seasons with out Henry and all the woke non cannon crap!

Last edited:
Gave up on it after Season 2. Season 1 was good all things considered, but after that they started changing things too much so I was out. From what I heard Season 3 was atrocious so I'm glad I did. I expected it will only get worst, specially with a bad actor as lead.

Dazraell

I thought first season was decent, but it had a lot of bizarre changes to source material I didn't liked. Season 2 was so terrible I gave up on this series. I don't expect that Season 4 and 5 will be any better

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
It's going to be terrible.

All seasons were terrible man, from the diversity quota that had to be filled, to the awful casting and finally, the production values which...just weren't there, no set looked "lived in" and everything just had this very cheap look about it (cinematography included).

Terrible series all around, not even Cavill was able to salvage it.

Fbh

I only made it a couple of episodes into S2 and gave up.
I'm surprised enough people watch this for Netflix to greenlight so many seasons.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Have they even debuted Season 3 yet? Are we up to the point where Henry Cavill is out?
Yes, season 3 (and Cavills final eps) are out. It was better than S2 but thats a loooooooow bar.

Just blasting through the rest of the story is probably for the best. Netflix completes their contract, we actually get a completed show, and the budget is likely to be about enough to buy a few happy meals :p

I don't really see how this show salvages itself with the cast it has and the directions it has taken. Ciri is somewhat intact and we could get a decent run with her if the actress is up for it. But Geralt is toast at this point and Yen, from what I recall, is largely absent in the later books so no idea what they will have her do (other than all the stuff Geralt was supposed to do, I guess). They have also largely ruined the elves, be interesting if they keep going with them.

Elios83

Only watched the first season and it wasn't really good.
It's surprising it went this far with Cavill also leaving.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Season one was barely bearable and season two was a pile of fucking goblin shite. I'd wager that season 3 will be what I imagine goblin shite eaten and shat out again looks like.
Well, it looked a lot like a gay jaskier and hot(ish) chicks bathing whilst fully clothed/covered in mist, thats for sure.

Remember how all the sorceresses were OBSESSED with their physical appearance, using glamour, enacting strict diet control OVER and OVER, and constantly competing with each other over men and petty fashion in the books? Yeah, not so much in the show. They kept a lot of the creepy wizards though, for some reason....

Mr Hyde

Only watched the first season and it was pretty bad. Heard nothing but awful things about the rest of the show so haven't even bothered. Also, if you're not interested in respecting the source material what is the fucking point of adapting it?

Top Bottom