• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

RobisWaiting

Neo Member
Like the OP, I've been waiting for this game since it's announcement so many years ago. I can't believe I'm finally getting to play it... So happy the reviews are claiming it's exactly what I'd hoped it would be...

oatmeal

Banned
I wasn't going to buy because it's 40 bucks...but I was at a party on Saturday night and was given light up glasses. Some drunk guy asked to buy them and we negotiated $50 for them.

So I guess I will buy it with that.

I thought it looked interesting when I first seen it a few years ago but didnt pay too much attention to it since. After reading some of the reviews, I am in full hype mode.

mjc

I'll probably be grabbing this on PS4, I don't think I could hold out for an X1 release. (If it ever even happens)

00:00 EST has now come and gone, it is officially January 26th in most of Europe, and... No game. Guess we do have to wait for the US for some nonsensical reason.

Traffcore

Have literally been waiting for this game since the Playstation 4 reveal. Now the time has come and I got a lot of games to finish first. The impressions and reviews has been strong and is pulling me towards the "add to the bucket" button...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
00:00 EST has now come and gone, it is officially January 26th in most of Europe, and... No game. Guess we do have to wait for the US for some nonsensical reason.

the final version of the game literally isn't done yet. that's fairly sensible:p

Perfect 10/10 thread title and OT. I had actually thought of it as well a day ago but never posted and forgot(yeah I know likely story)! But I'm glad JaseC thought of it, this place doesn't deserve a lame pun.

I'm not going to stay up late, but I will be up early tomorrow. Still seriously considering buying on PS4 and getting a refund just for a few hours. Sheesh.

ymgve

the final version of the game literally isn't done yet. that's fairly sensible:p

I'm pretty sure Sony has final code in their hands. They don't want to have devs doing stuff close to deadline and messing everything up.

Blow is still working on the Steam version of the game, though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Weird how non-standardized release times are for every game. I love getting stuff at midnight EST, I just wonder why it can't be that way for everything.

BearPawB

Banned
Was talking to the witness game Twitter account. Sounds like they would release it earlier if they could. But steam literally isn't giving them an option outside of 9am pst

NeoRausch

The (wonderful) title is kind of broken on mobile.

90s1h.jpg

Is 72 the meaning of life and the spoiler to a puzzle?!

Majmun

Great OT. Stoked to play this.

Talos Principle is amazing btw. I still haven't finished it. Doing a few puzzles at a time. No rush, no walkthroughs. Just taking my time and think about solutions. Planning on doing the same with The Witness. I love that.

ThisOne

Anybody know if amazon gets psn games on release date? I've got a bunch of gift card credit on there. Otherwise, I'll wait for a sale to pick this up.

Top Bottom