• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The woman who dismembered her husband and her lover for cheating goes on trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
The trial has begun in Vienna of a Spanish-Mexican woman accused of murdering both her former husband and her lover, and burying them in concrete in the cellar of her ice cream shop.

Estibaliz Carranza is accused of shooting her former husband in the head in 2008, and killing her lover in his sleep in 2010. It is alleged that she then dismembered the bodies before burying them in the shop's basement.

Carranza has pleaded guilty to the charges.

BBC

The husband screamed at her, laughed at her bad German, then joined Krishna movement and refused to move out being unemployed at the same time so she shot him in the head, dismembered with a chainsaw and stored in the freezer in the basement of her cafe. Then she buried him.

Two years later she discovered that her lover was registered on dating sites and found some naughty messages in his phone. He shot him, dismembered him and stored him in the freezer and buried in cement.

The full story is here.

picture.jpg

BBC

The husband screamed at her, laughed at her bad German, then joined Krishna movement and refused to move out being unemployed at the same time so she shot him in the head, dismembered with a chainsaw and stored in the freezer in the basement of her cafe. Then she buried him.

Two years later she discovered that her lover was registered on dating sites and found some naughty messages in his phone. He shot him, dismembered him and stored him in the freezer and buried in cement.

The full story is here.

picture.jpg

The media here has a field trip with her. I wonder when the first "red hair- witch" comparisons come up.

Dudes didn't deserve to die, but holy shit it's hard to feel sorry for them.

I imagine people at this trial, as well as those reading this thread, will have felt very differently if she was actually a 'he' who shot his lover for the same reasons

Chuckie

What a fucking bitch. She even admitted she already fantasized about murdering her first boyfriend. I wonder what is true of the 'reasons' she had to kill those two.

No matter what, I hope she rots in jail for life.

Is this supposed to be controversial because she's a woman or because they cheated on her? Hoping she spends the rest of her natural life in prison.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Why do we even need to know that? Some humans are crazy, news @ 11.

This shit's rollin up and down here in Austria. What the point? Get some other lunatic ideas? I hate todays media.

These two men were killed and dismembered, and you're having trouble feeling sorry for them? WTF?

Asuming her ordeal with these men is true, yeah not much sympathy. I know a lot of women with horrible husbands, some of them turned to alcohol/psychopharmaca, one tried to take her life... but they still stay there and take the abuse.

She obviously has severe psychological problems, and she deserves anything that's coming to her in terms of legal action, but I'm not going to demonize her for it.
It's tragic allright.

Yeah wtf indeed. I don't see any behaviour that makes them deserve death and dismemberment.

I said they didn't deserve to die, but if it's true how they treated her, and personally knowing a lot of women in similar situations it's hardly surprising to me that someone with a much lower level of tolerance would take such depraved actions.

Also, the sexist POS media coverage here in Austria makes me embarassed of this country once again. The "Ice-Angel" What the hell is this? The 70s?

Asuming her ordeal with these men is true, yeah not much sympathy. I know a lot of women with horrible husbands, some of them turned to alcohol/psychopharmaca, one tried to take her life... but they still stay there and take the abuse.

She obviously has severe psychological problems, and she deserves anything that's coming to her in terms of legal action, but I'm not going to demonize her for it.
It's tragic allright.

You're starting to scare me. This woman didn't just leave these two men. She killed them, dismembered their bodies, and buried them.

She's a murderer, a confessed murderer.

Timbuktu

Reading those articles briefly, those men did not seem too bad. One just got some messages on his phone?

Just read the part that says she was pregnant with a kid from another guy when she was arrested. Lucky escape for him, unless the kid turns out to have the same problems.

subversus

You're starting to scare me. This woman didn't just leave these two men. She killed them, dismembered their bodies, and buried them.

Well, she tried to leave the first man but the guy refused to move out.

Chuckie

So you equate being on a datingsite and having some naughty sms-es on your phone with guys who are so abusive their wifes turned alcoholic or suicidal? Really now?

And you don't want to 'demonise' someone who not only killed and dismembered two persons (without any good reasons other than being asses) but already had killing fantasies with her first boyfriend?

Are you the ultimate White Knight or something?

subversus

[sarcasm] oh i see, totally justifiable to kill someone, dismember them, and bury them, in that case. [/sarcasm]

I just wanted to point out that she couldn't "leave" the first man as you said. May be if she did he would be alive by now.

Yeah. What's your point? I made it pretty clear that I feel no empathy for these two people. Furthermore I also don't condemn them for what they did. They were assholes, she was a murdering psycho.
Call me bitter, but like I said, knowing people in abusive relationships I've seen lifes and personalities destroyed while the biological body just keeps on going.
In this case, the situation escalated and she killed them. Is it insane? Hell yeah, but hardly surprising to me.

Again, asuming she's stating the truth, which given her clarity regarding her confession is most likely, both of her victims were treating her like shit. They didn't deserve to die, just like I allways stated, but I don't feel sorry for them either. I'm just indifferent about them.

She will get her sentence and deserves what's coming to her. End off.

grumble

Well, she tried to leave the first man but the guy refused to move out.

So kill him?! Just get the courts involved, or move out yourself.

As for the second guy, the punishment for infidelity is not murder. Ironically, she was also guilty of it.

She completely deserves to rot.

Timbuktu

I just wanted to point out that she couldn't "leave" the first man as you said. May be if she did he would be alive by now.

she could have left the same way she left the country after murdering the second guy, who wasn't even proven to be a cheat btw he just couldn't be bothered to argue and went to bed.

Mael

Huh about the dismembering part, what would you expect?
I mean a human body is freaking heavy so if she wanted to burry them I'd expect that,
heck that's the least surprising part of the story.

The chainsaw part on the other hand...

subversus

she could have left the same way she left the country after murdering the second guy, who wasn't even proven to be a cheat btw he just couldn't be bothered to argue and went to bed.

why would she leave her business? She seemed to prosper because the cafe closed only in 2010, 2 years later. She should have used the court or police to get him out but as I understand she payed the rent for the flat, it wasn't hers so there could be some judicial difficulties with that.

Obviously she is a psychotic murderer but these guys made their best to give a birth to her other side. Well, at least the first one, the second one was a result of a slippery slope.

Chuckie

Obviously she is a psychotic murderer but these guys made their best to give a birth to her other side. Well, at least the first one, the second one was a result of a slippery slope.

I think it was already there before:

Shortly after the trial began the woman entered her plea. She spoke about her first boyfriend in Spain – she admitted that even back then she had had fantasies of murder.

So you equate being on a datingsite and having some naughty sms-es on your phone with guys who are so abusive their wifes turned alcoholic or suicidal? Really now?

And you don't want to 'demonise' someone who not only killed and dismembered two persons (without any good reasons other than being asses) but already had killing fantasies with her first boyfriend?

Are you the ultimate White Knight or something?

Maybe, did you see me once justifying her killing them? Instead of getting yourself all worked up about me "White Knighting" a confessed murderer, which I didn't, you should probably learn to accept that some peoples view on this situation might not be as clear cut as yours.
Shocking I know. It's actually possible to see her as a depraved, deeply troubled person and not demonize her.
Imagine that.

Once again: She killed them, they didn't deserve it, I still don't feel any empathy for them.
I also don't feel sorry for her, at all.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Yeah. What's your point? I made it pretty clear that I feel no empathy for these two people. Furthermore I also don't condemn them for what they did. They were assholes, she was a murdering psycho.
Call me bitter, but like I said, knowing people in abusive relationships I've seen lifes and personalities destroyed while the biological body just keeps on going.
In this case, the situation escalated and she killed them. Is it insane? Hell yeah, but hardly surprising to me.

Again, asuming she's stating the truth, which given her clarity regarding her confession is most likely, both of her victims were treating her like shit. They didn't deserve to die, just like I allways stated, but I don't feel sorry for them either. I'm just indifferent about them.

She will get her sentence and deserves what's coming to her. End off.
What is this? If they treated her badly and said mean things to her, then why should she be punished? I really do not understand people like you, who seem to be so willing to just blame the wrong person in these types of stories. If their psychological abuse tore her down to the point where she thought the only way of her situation was death and dismemberment, then this is a person who clearly needs help, not incarceration and here you are stating that she "deserves what's coming to her."

Chuckie

Maybe, did you see me once justifying her killing them? Instead of getting yourself all worked up about me "White Knighting" a confessed murderer, which I didn't, you should probably learn to accept that some peoples view on this situation might not be as clear cut as yours.
Shocking I know. It's actually possible to see her as a depraved, deeply troubled person and not demonize her.
Imagine that.

Once again: She killed them, they didn't deserve it, I still don't feel any empathy for them.
I also don't feel sorry for her, at all.

The only thing shocking is your lack of empathy.
Oh and the fact you are trying to equate her situation (finding naughty sms-es) with women who you know who are truely abused.

Reuenthal

Banned
In this situation we have someone in a relationship who murders and dismembers another person over a hint of cheating (or just cheating), joining a dating side and naughty sms.

If someone is sympathetic to abuse victims, of course we should be sympathetic to the murderer who committed unfairly violence and committed murder which is quite abusive over a shitty reason. Obviously.

Mael

In this situation we have someone in a relationship who murders and dismembers another person over a hint of cheating (or just cheating), joining a dating side and naughty sms.

If someone is sympathetic to abuse victims, of course we should be sympathetic to the murderer who committed violence. Obviously.

Yeah I don't know why that part would be a reason to think less of her, if anything it shows that she pretty much had no choice if she intented in hiding the bodies.
The murdering part I get it how that make her look bad but the dimembering is more like she didn't have a choice.

Chuckie

you would be VERY surprised and probably deeply disturbed if you knew how many people have such fantasies.

Maybe so. However this one actually killed two and not only killed in some 'crime passionel' but also dismembered them with a chainsaw and cemented them in.

I think chances are it actually was already in her.

The only thing shocking is your lack of empathy.
Oh and the fact you are trying to equate her situation (finding naughty sms-es) with women who you know who are truely abused.

Yeah, I guess her situation wasn't nearly as bad.

And sorry if you are disturbed about me not caring for these two mens unfortunate and premature end.

I just like anyone else, am selective in who I empathise with. I might unfairly equate these victims to people I know personally (and some who are actually much bigger assholes) but I just can't feign interest or empathy for them online.

Reuenthal

Banned
Yeah I don't know why that part would be a reason to think less of her, if anything it shows that she pretty much had no choice if she intented in hiding the bodies.
The murdering part I get it how that make her look bad but the dimembering is more like she didn't have a choice.

Maybe you have a point. Although there is always a choice, even after her murder she could admit her actions and give the bodies intact to their families, an unlikely one for someone fearful of punishment and especially one capable of more than one murder. But as you said the murdering aspect is what is important. But choice or not dismembering a body of someone who you killed means you are not only killed them you destroyed their body, something that is not for you to destroy, so it is bad too.

Chuckie

Because (at least that is what I think) it is incredibly hard emotionally/stomachwise or whatver to cut up a body in pieces.
I could imagine myself shooting someone (although not under these circumstances btw) however I could not imagine myself cutting the body up and putting them in cement.
Shooting is also a process that takes a couple of seconds at most... dismembering might have taken an hour or so. An hour in which she had no remorse whatsoever about her deed.

And then she did it all again.

Valnen

Well at least she killed them before dismembering them. Would suck to be cut up with a chainsaw while alive.

Mael

Maybe you have a point. Although there is always a choice, even after her murder she could admit her actions and give the bodies intact to their families, an unlikely one for someone fearful of punishment and especially one capable of more than one murder. But as you said the murdering aspect is what is important. But choice or not dismembering a body of someone who you killed means you are not only killed them you destroyed their body, something that is not for you to destroy, so it is bad too.

Yeah I think that that wasn't happening anyway,
I mean it's basically the same as a man disposing of the body without dismembering it.
And once you're done butchering your dead husband body I'd think you're not right in the head anymore so yeah...
And again most women killers that dispose of the bodies put them in pieces, I don't think it's because they're anything different more than they can't move the bloody thing in the first place.
It's a grim prospect anyway I'd say.

If she dismembered them alive then YES that is significantly sicker than most killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom