• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zero Punctuation Thread

PnCIa

It´s awesome, can´t wait for the next one. Sometimes he talks really fast, but that actually fits well, like he is trying to say as much bs as possible in a short timeframe.

"If you were offended by the picture of Mother Teresa eating a baby then you should know that your mum said much more offensive things to me when I was fucking her last night."

Oh snap.

Mamesj

Banned
These are amazing. I wonder how long he can keep it up. This kind of concentrated awesome rarely lasts long.

[Nintex]

He just gets away with so many stuff since most people will only hear half what he's saying. Sometimes he speeds up when he offends the viewer. :lol

Mamesj

Banned
[Nintex] said:
He just gets away with so many stuff since most people will only hear half what he's saying. Sometimes he speeds up when he offends the viewer. :lol

no way, those are always the best parts. except when he says the Darkness would only be worth buying if it came with Beyond Good + Evil, a cake, and Belgium. :lol

I'm amazed at how much I agree with him on Bioshock, though I found it to be a very difficult game... if you insist on never dying. If you don't care about dying, it's retardedly easy. I also found it hilarious how I could always escape combat and heal by taking the time to fix a camera while hovering in mid-air.

wsippel

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
The Bioshock one really does hit on a few points that I had with the game too-notably the lack of real "character defining" choices for plasmids/tonics/weapons by means of clever synergies (like the best skill systems tend to have) and the whole notion that the world around you stops when you are hacking or looking at the map and what not. I like how System Shock 2 almost never paused the game for anything-made for a more tense atmosphere.

Still the best game to come out in the last few years, easily (and certainly a bit better than a game he flashed there for a bit, STALKER), though.
He didn't say STALKER was better. He simply said that STALKER was a more complex game (more RPG elements). Which is absolutely correct.

Belfast

I'd have to say that I don't fully agree with some of his points. I don't feel Bioshock was dumbed down in the same way that Deus Ex 2 was, for instance. I appreciated them when they were there, but I can't say I completely missed things like having an inventory. I think that would've made things potentially worse in Bioshock. Yahtzee treats complexity like it's a virtue, while I think it has a more modular application.

wsippel said:
He didn't say STALKER was better. He simply said that STALKER was a more complex game (more RPG elements). Which is absolutely correct.

Agreed compared to stalker bioshock takes your hand looks both ways and then crosses the street with you, in an abandoned rural town.

Aaron

Fragamemnon said:
Still the best game to come out in the last few years, easily (and certainly a bit better than a game he flashed there for a bit, STALKER), though.
Maybe a 'bit' better, but just a bit, if that. Aside from the technical problems, STALKER was amazing, and did a number of things Bioshock should have done. Such as having an inventory, and never pausing while checking your PDA. No goddamn vital chambers also. Though maybe I just was put off by how console friendly Bioshock turned out.

Taxman

I've been following this guy for a while. I was getting worried when his new stuff wasn't as good as the early stuff, but this week erased that fear.

colinp said:
What happened to the escapist website and how come the Bioshock review isn't on youtube yet?!

Well, companies that hire people to produce content for them usually don't like it when the content gets put up on sites like YouTube (especially when it's available for free at their own site) and doesn't give them any traffic or commerce.

The Bioshock review was hilarious, and has passed Twing Twang as my favorite one of his so far :)

Rufus

Cantfakethefunk said:
Well, companies that hire people to produce content for them usually don't like it when the content gets put up on sites like YouTube (especially when it's available for free at their own site) and doesn't give them any traffic or commerce.
I've tried, but their site didn't load for me (and it still crawls right now).

Luckily, someone has uploaded it.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I agree with every single point he makes about Bioshock, both good and bad. But he illustrates it in a much funnier way than I ever could. :(

And here I thought I was the only one who found the game to be remarkably easy.

Yup, I have to agree once again.

My main gripe with Bioshock was that it gave you all the "options" regardless of which plasmids you used. In Deus Ex for example some paths like hacking etc. were only available if you specialized in that area, sacrificing something else. In Bioshock everything is there from the get-go and all you're influencing is how you're killing opponents and taking some strain away from say hacking (and open the occasional secret room), that took some satisfaction away from me since I want my choices to have an impact on the game.

That said I still loved the game, but it didn't live up to the depth in Deus Ex, nor the gunplay in Half-Life which puts it somewhere in the middle ground.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I love this guy, but the console one is weak. It's just a summary of tired, fallacious fanboy accusations that are repeated daily. The worst being the incredibly myopic and idiotic "waggle" nonsense. Whereas his game reviews are hilarious accounts of his experiences while playing the software in question and seem much more personal and genuine.

PnCIa

This guy is just awesome, not enough love on GAF. Maybe because most people can´t see the substance in his funny talk. Loving the credits of this one, the mother teresa stuff... :lol

"If you were offended by the picture of Mother Teresa eating a baby's head then you should also be aware that your mum was making me say even more offensive things while I was fucking her last night."

JCtheMC

The amount of editorial content this man fits into 4 minutes is insane. And he's funny while doing so. Good riddance.

Phoenix 2.0 said:
"If you were offended by the picture of Mother Teresa eating a baby's head then you should also be aware that your mum was making me say even more offensive things while I was fucking her last night."

I quoted it first.

Also, I fucked your mom first.

Visualante said:
Hahahahah 6.0

someone put it on GameRankings.

It's the little girl holding up a 6.0 reflecting the quality of the GROINKICK~, a la figure skating. I think after the stuff he says in the beginning, having a 6.0 review score would be sort of... uh, anachronistic?

Walshicus

I love this guy's work. Pure comic genius. Heh, has anyone else noticed how many in the gaming media have started using the word "cavalcade" all of a sudden?

The Darkness Demo video is so good.

"I'd only buy the full release if it was budget-priced. And threw in some better game. And some cake.....................And Belgium." :lol :lol :lol

Pachael

Brilliant. I just want to see if he can keep it up though, it's difficult on a weekly schedule. It's a bit like what he said about throwing messages in bottles in the sea ;p

arhra

Larsen B said:
Kind of reminds me of a filthier Charlie Brooker, albeit on games not TV.
I still had some issues of PC Zone dating back to when Charlie Brooker wrote for them, until a few months ago (must have been nearly ten years ago now, come to think of it...). Think i chucked 'em out when i was clearing out some shelves, though.

cluto

Can someone tell me why I only get a white box where the video is supposed to be? I can't view videos from that site for some reason.

Top Bottom