• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are 802 Pokemon.

JoeM86

Gonna be fascinating to see how Pokémon Switch is done. I'd quite like a game that is based in Kanto, and then each following region with the corresponding Pokémon species are released as DLC episodically.

That's not going to happen. They're against paid DLC for main Pokémon games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I view this as the primary issue with modern Pokemon games.

"Collecting them all" was an obsession, the primary driver in Gen's 1 and 2. After that, it became infeasible.
Nah, not really. I started collecting in gen 6, after finishing Alpha Sapphire. At this point I have a complete living dex of the first 6 gens (including all legendaries and the mythicals that were distributed last year), with only some mons from gen 7 missing. It takes a lot of time and effort, but it's certainly possible.

Fj0823

Gonna be fascinating to see how Pokémon Switch is done. I'd quite like a game that is based in Kanto, and then each following region with the corresponding Pokémon species are released as DLC episodically.

This is literally my worst case scenario

Aleh

My first game was Pokémon Blue and I then played every single mainline game, but I still don't see why some people only consider the first 151 designs to be good. It's really just stubbornness at this point.

my worst case was paying for online play for pokemon, and we know thats happening if/whenever it hits the switch.

they should give us a free to play pokemon stadium type app for switch to make the subscription slightly better than worthless. Battle in HD online with decent fps or whatever using your 3ds library.
Most of the assets are already there.

its still funny to me that using your phone for voice chat is considered a selling point

My first game was Pokémon Blue and I then played every single mainline game, but I still don't see why some people only consider the first 151 designs to be good. It's really just stubbornness at this point.

thats fair, but ive also played almost every game and still never really reached the same level of intrigue as the first gen had.
its objectively not the best game mechanically but for everyone saying "theres only 151", some of us genuinely have the fondest memories of the first games and it wont likely change because pokemon is so extremely itterative to the point that 20 yrs later the game still feels very similar.

Top Bottom