• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There's Korean writing in Surgery Simulator...and has nothing to do with Half-Life.

WuKZd.gif

Orayn

People still care about Half-Life for some reason.

…?

Yes. The Half-Life games were great, people want more of them, and Valve has been pretty vague about their plans for the series since Half-Life 2: Episode 3 dropped off the radar.

The thought of a new half life game using source 2 is more then my heart can handle.

im dead.

i hope you enjoy the blood on your hands OP.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I know the end of the ARG. It reveals in Half-Life 3
North Korea defeats the Combine and saves the galaxy. You play Kim Jong Un III, whom the Vortigaunts call "The Fatman".

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
I think if Valve just announced the game with a standard press release they'd destroy the Internet by just doing that. This ARG meta-hype feels unnecessary, confusing and frustrating. If it was a clear signal that Half Life 3 is coming then that would be exciting but placing Korean text everywhere could literally mean anything. None of these signals even remotely indicate or provide evidence leading towards an announcement of Half Life 3.

If the fans find meta-games like this fun then I suppose that's cool but I would much rather they went with the lightning flash of a thunderous announcement than constant and vague teases. They had fans protesting outside their offices for the game at one point. They are acutely aware that everyone on the planet wants this game. They've obviously been working on it for years. It just makes good business sense and would be logical for an independent company like Valve to produce sequels to their popular games purely for reasons of financial security.

Just come out and announce it.

The DLC is related to TF2
Last night TF2 added a new item that hinted at an update this month (or basically said so)
There are 9 dots and 9 classes in TF2
TF2 has has several ARGs related to new updates

It's probably more likely related to the next TF2 DLC, not HL3

It's probably nothing, but it would be a weird coincidence considering HL2 just got updated with the Korean language stuff.

I hope it actually is relevant.

I think if Valve just announced the game with a standard press release they'd destroy the Internet by just doing that. This ARG meta-hype feels unnecessary, confusing and frustrating. If it was a clear signal that Half Life 3 is coming then that would be exciting but placing Korean text everywhere could literally mean anything. None of these signals even remotely indicate or provide evidence leading towards an announcement of Half Life 3.

If the fans find meta-games like this fun then I suppose that's cool but I would much rather they went with the lightning flash of a thunderous announcement than constant and vague teases. They had fans protesting outside their offices for the game at one point. They are acutely aware that everyone on the planet wants this game. They've obviously been working on it for years. It just makes good business sense and would be logical for an independent company like Valve to produce sequels to their popular games purely for reasons of financial security.

Just come out and announce it.

Shhh. Sshhh, it's okay. You're among fellows here.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
At this point, I am pretty sure that we will have a Announcement in the next PC Gamer.

In the last week, there where to many clues in this direction, more than in the last two years.

It will happen. #Believe.

So the arrow is pointing between Mercury and Venus right, so what's between them? SPACE. This gives us 5 letters but we only need two letters, so we get rid of ACE which is a word and we are left with SP which is NOT a word. So now we know the first two letters of the ARG are SP.

Top Bottom