• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is a PS4 Themes thread; Hot Topic

Man, I almost want to buy FFVII just for the theme, but I'll wait for a sale. I'm sure I'll play through the game again anyway.

MattAces

Gravity Rush 2 theme. Dynamic. Music. Sound Effect.
Floating Durga and Kali angel on top. Kat and Raven bottom.
Best theme.

hqdefault.jpg

Demoskinos

Gravity Rush 2 theme. Dynamic. Music. Sound Effect.
Floating Durga and Kali angel on top. Kat and Raven bottom.
Best theme.

hqdefault.jpg

I so wish I had that but I ended up coming to the Gravity Rush party late and Sony hasn't put up the theme to buy either. :(

Siege.exe

The themes you unlock from beating games in the KH 1.5+2.5 collection gives the PS4 OS the menu sound effects from the KH games. I wish they also played Dearly Beloved, but they're still pretty great.

MattAces

The themes you unlock from beating games in the KH 1.5+2.5 collection gives the PS4 OS the menu sound effects from the KH games. I wish they also played Dearly Beloved, but they're still pretty great.

Wait, the themes you get from beating the game uses default PS4 OS music? That sucks.

Siege.exe

Wait, the themes you get from beating the game uses default PS4 OS music? That sucks.

Yeah :/ you can scroll down to the game's live page thing and have it play music, but then you can't see the theme and they don't have any artwork there like some other games do.

DJwest

Talking about Persona 5, it's amazing that the West doesn't have any of the themes with the protagonist. Wth? I use the velvet room theme.

megalowho

Bought a handful of themes on sale over the years. My favorites/rotation:

1. Cube Field Dynamic Theme - Classy ambiance, my default
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MroQa4OARNA

2. Firewatch Dynamic Theme - Used this one for a good while, my favorite of the branded themes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85VWT9myzkQ

3. Sky Lantern Festival Dynamic Theme - High quality, relaxing setting, not too crazy or busy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qKj_f6gjE0

4. A Galaxy Far Far Away - My favorite of the space .jpg with a starfield screen saver overlay options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOeD6irJwBY

Shout out to the Windjammers theme, m0dus' contributions and Dubstep Rabbit.

The Witcher 3 themes have great music. I find it hard to use another one.

There's sooooo much shitty themes out there though. Who buys a static mermaid theme for €2 or something?
Agreed, the one with Geralt and Yennifer is my favorite music. Firewatch has consistent calm music.

MattAces

The 2.8 themes don't even have the menu sound effect, which is a real shame because the 0.2 and 3D themes would be fantastic otherwise.

Damn it, saw some of them and thought it looked fantastic. Guess I will stick with my Gravity Rush theme for awhile. Just bought both of the collection after watching KH3 trailer.

CREMSteve

Also, I am astounded that none of you mentioned Indivisible, which has music by Hiroki Kikuta (chronic trigger)and is free? Or Tron, which has music by Gorgio Moroder and is also free?

Hell. Here they are along with a bunch of other free 'official' ones.

Is it shameless self promotion? Absolutely. But it's also all free. So there.
Hey, cmon now, I mentioned Tron!

I really enjoy the two Rez themes, especially the Area X one. Great stuff, m0dus.

Although I still wish Sony would implement proper custom wallpaper support.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I recently did LawBreakers, and I have to say I've never crammed so many effects into one scene - and it's completely 3D :)

https://youtu.be/OZWbVaFyUM0

It took like a week of testing to ensure it was stable, since all the camera movement is interpolated on the fly.

That one looks great. Those character models had to have pushed the mem budget to the limit, no?

Have you done animation blends yet? Those are "fun". Root positions and bone counts / names between Anims will be the death of me lol.

Had a fun time getting tangented normal maps functioning properly too. It ended up being an error in my optimization pass. My normals were 512x512, diffuse was 1024x1024, and it caused ugly seams for no real reason other than it felt like it. Matching sizes fixed it.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Yep.

To the point where everything else you see in the background is actually done procedurally :-D I'm most proud of the smoke / fog effects tbh.

Ugh. Without getting into details, yes, bone 'names' are the most obnoxious thing of all lately. I have been playing with animation blending, weights, as a 'creative approach' to solve some difficult problems (read as: ridiculous problems).

Gonna take this to dm / twitter so we can chat lol. Send me a message @SuperDeanio

Zubz

Banned
Right now, I cycle through the Skullgirls, Windjammers, Oddworld, NeoGAF Dark, 20th Anniversary, & Fatal Fury (The one that plays Big Shot & has Geese in his chair) themes. If I remember to pre-order Undertale, I'll use that one, too. Granted, I forgot to get the Sunset Vista one when I did pre-order Crash, so...

I wish they had a shuffle option ala the 3DS.

Also, I am astounded that none of you mentioned Indivisible, which has music by Hiroki Kikuta (chronic trigger)and is free? Or Tron, which has music by Gorgio Moroder and is also free?

I like the music & IP, but it seems boring as a theme. It's just a scrolling background of Ajna running across a bridge. The Crash theme everyone here's discussing's the inverse for me, though. It's too busy.

BigEmil

Persona 5 themes are excellent

Also Wipeout Omega Collection theme is one of the best professionally done themes I seen

https://youtu.be/Z7IhPLImMho

Just not a fan of the music it can drive your head in after a while have to change it sometimes because of the annoying music

LaNaranja

I have been using the Jessica Jones theme ever since it came out and have yet to find one I like more. The design is nice and it is dynamic without being too busy and it also doesn't play music which is a plus.

A damn shame Netflix didn't continue making these with their other Marvel shows. The Sense8 one is also cool but it moves around too much and feels distracting.

Alebelly

I pre-ordered Hob and got the lovely dynamic theme. It's a very nice subtle, quiet theme. I like it, not a favorite but good. I'll probably keep it on for awhile.

Ravelle

Some of my favorites I've used are:

Night in The Woods
Firewatch
The Persona 5 themes
The Wonder Woman Theme
The Resident Evil Theme

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I recently did LawBreakers, and I have to say I've never crammed so many effects into one scene - and it's completely 3D :)

https://youtu.be/OZWbVaFyUM0

It took like a week of testing to ensure it was stable, since all the camera movement is interpolated on the fly.

Freaking great stuff. My only pet peeve - and a lot of themes are guilty of this - is that there's not enough contrast between the system icons and the background.

HeeHo

Freaking great stuff. My only pet peeve - and a lot of themes are guilty of this - is that there's not enough contrast between the system icons and the background.

i know. i have a lot of otherwise good themes that i don't use because of this.

that said, i end up using The Witcher 3 themes quite often. The 'Monsters' one to be specific. I like the music.

The FFVII is good but hearing the sad music on repeat becomes a bit much after a while.

Top Bottom