• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This isn't a relationship right.

Well he's made a facebook group about me before because I was having some serious self harm problems and made the error of telling him, hopefully his parents will let him know its not ok to do that sort of thing to this girl especially.

It's good that you cared enough to help that girl out beforehand, but you seriously need to worry about yourself too. You have to get that person out of your life, and while hopefully a restraining order isn't necessary, it may well be.

I was in a situation kind of similar to the op (making me socially awkward).

I made friends with someone from another country, we texted each other quite a bit at the start, graduated to many phone calls during the week. So this was a long distance deal.

Sometimes we may have gone 1-2 weeks without hearing from each other, but when we connected again we picked up where we left off.

I was informed by a family member that she was in hospital, a week later was then sent a message saying she died.

I didn't know what was going on - her mother was sick a lot as well and (insert socially awkward situation here) with the nature of the message it was never clear WHO was in hospital and who died.

I attempted to get to the bottom of it by calling other people she gave me the numbers of in case of emergency..... You can use your imagination how well that went (aka not very well!).

The reason I did so was selfish, I needed closure. Part of me thought that what I was told in the initial messages was not true - it was a way to end things, a more extreme way mind you. There were a few other things that indicated that could be the case. For whatever reason I have to accept it.

Reading the OP sent alarm bells my way.

theofficefan99

TC, you know the answers to your questions already. I'm dumbfounded as to why this topic was even created, or at least worded the way it was. You also sound like someone who would be a very terrible friend in general. I'm sorry for attacking, but this whole topic kind of rubbed me the wrong way at how odd it is.

TC, you know the answers to your questions already. I'm dumbfounded as to why this topic was even created, or at least worded the way it was. You also sound like someone who would be a very terrible friend in general. I'm sorry for attacking, but this whole topic kind of rubbed me the wrong way at how odd it is.

I mean, I don't know what I'm supposed to do with a 24 year old man? Short of calling the cops on him, and telling him as I did several times, that she wasn't into him and the not contacting him stuff was a sign that she didn't like him.

Legit hate it when dudes can't take hints
Like what makes you think the fiftieth message will garner a response when the fifth and tenth didn't get shit

MicH

Jesus Christ, that's stalking and harassment. Dude's a total creep who seriously can't take a hint.

Hope the girl is okay.

The reason I did so was selfish, I needed closure. Part of me thought that what I was told in the initial messages was not true - it was a way to end things, a more extreme way mind you. There were a few other things that indicated that could be the case. For whatever reason I have to accept it.

Man that's rough sorry it happened to you. I obviously don't know exactly what you asked when you rang but don't worry about it too much. Hearing that someone you know has died is a weird feeling and you can convince yourself with denial that they might not be actually dead.

I mean, I don't know what I'm supposed to do with a 24 year old man? Short of calling the cops on him, and telling him as I did several times, that she wasn't into him and the not contacting him stuff was a sign that she didn't like him.

If the dude is not gonna stop with it after you told his parents (this applies to harrassing you as well) you absolutely need to get the cops involved. You know this yourself. As you say, with a 24 years old man there is nothing else to do.

s_mirage

Legit hate it when dudes can't take hints
Like what makes you think the fiftieth message will garner a response when the fifth and tenth didn't get shit

It's even worse when it's combined in someone who seems to think that every woman finds them irresistible. I've seen that happen before and it's uncomfortable to say the least.

gogosox82

He sounds like a stalker. Notify the girl and let her know so she can call the police or something. Also, get better friends. No idea why you are hanging around with a homophobe who thinks its fine to stalk women.

It's even worse when it's combined in someone who seems to think that every woman finds them irresistible. I've seen that happen before and it's uncomfortable to say the least.
I also really like it when they justify it to themselves with like "oh her phones broken" or "oh she must be in danger" like bitch no she doesnt wanna talk to ur creepy ass

FreeMufasa

So my friend (person I know, its bizarre homophobic person I have mentioned on gaf before) met this girl in Co Offaly at the end of August when he was on holiday with his family. He chatted with this girl once or twice, she gave him her phone number. Since then, he's sent her over 150 messages and she's responded twice, and hasn't text him in 3 weeks. He somehow found her snapchat and messaged her there too.

He thinks there's a problem with her phone and thats why she hasn't messaged back, and thinks she wouldn't have given him a number at all if she didn't like him, according to the youtube videos he's watched she was 'giving me all the signs she was into me' and how he thinks they're gonna be together and how they'd make a long distance relationship work etc (he doesn't drive, and Offaly is about a 3 hour drive from us) and my pointing out this was all a bit tenuous was met with 'well you're probably gay so you don't know'

Anyway, he's messaged me yesterday saying do I want to go with him to Offaly and I said no, he messaged me today saying he was in Offaly and he was going to find her by waiting at her work.

This isn't a relationship right? Or anything? I was gonna tell him again but I can't be bothered at this point, hopefully she sends him away or calls the police.

edit - I have blocked him on social media. This girl isn't working tonight and his parents have intervened to prevent him contacting her. I'm still not happy about this though.

The fuck. Why is this something you need to confirm. Your boy is a creep and a stalker. Needs to get clapped up

Jesus Christ. Dude is a massive creep based on OP, I’m reading the rest of the thread now.

Edit: wow, it just gets worse. He’s an absolute asshole and you’re spineless OP. Get away from this guy, he’s not good for you. If you believe what this guy is doing is wrong, have some conviction. Tell him, then ignore him. If he makes claims on social media to devalue you, either sue him or come to terms with the fact that people who believe outlandish Facebook posts aren’t the type of people you’d want to be friends with anyway.

this is extremely bad advice but something similar happened to the sister of a friend of mine who kept getting harassed by some creepy cunt (similar situation like the same 100 messages, calls in the middle of the night, he'd wait outside her work and deliberately try and catch the same train as her) and my friend went out and beat his ass (nothing super serious if i recall correctly)

he never bothered her again, so that worked for him

but it could also possibly could have escalated the situation in all manner of bad ways and could have led to a bunch of bad things but honestly i just wanted to tell this story

call the cops since i'm inclined to believe you wouldn't be the type to beat on him (probably way better that you are too)

So I blocked the dude, removed him from PSN friends, can't call me. His mum calls me, says 'Jim has been trying to contact you can't get through.' I said 'I don't want to talk to or see Jim anymore so tell him and tell him not to contact me no more' also blocked his mother.

There is a goddamn hurricane going on here right now and he's rang my doorbell repeatedly at least 10 times, posted a letter through my door saying am I ok, then saying he needs my help, then saying he doesn't know what he'll do if I don't answer, then saying GOODBYE, then saying he'd see me soon. It's a little scary.

Makonero

So I blocked the dude, removed him from PSN friends, can't call me. His mum calls me, says 'Jim has been trying to contact you can't get through.' I said 'I don't want to talk to or see Jim anymore so tell him and tell him not to contact me no more' also blocked his mother.

There is a goddamn hurricane going on here right now and he's rang my doorbell repeatedly at least 10 times, posted a letter through my door saying am I ok, then saying he needs my help, then saying he doesn't know what he'll do if I don't answer, then saying GOODBYE, then saying he'd see me soon. It's a little scary.

CALL THE POLICE

that is fucking harassment

Pastry

Banned

Sounds like you’re going to need a restraining order on this guy also.

Does he have any diagnosed mental health problems that you know of?

Grow a spine and call the police. Cmon man. I swear this thread could read "This guy is running at my with a knife and an angry look on his face....think he's late for birthday cake?"

It's OK to get him in trouble. Dude has mental problems but they're not your problems.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Stop posting on GAF and call the police!

Mesoian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQ_Ac0uQr0

Hella days later, hella advice saying call the cops, and he’s still knocking on your door. Why you haven’t called the cops I can’t understand.

Edit: there’s been a hurricane everyday since you’ve known him?

Hylian7

Jesus christ call the police.

This somehow got even worse than I expected reading the OP.

There's a hurricane! I was gonna go down there myself when the hurricane situation or whatever is over

Call them anyway.

Top Bottom