• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This might be sacrilicious, but I don't really like chicken. Help me change this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like OP doesn't eat legs or thighs... the good part of the chicken.

Two minimal ways I usually cook chicken
1. A few slices of onions. Put it in a stovetop pan covered with a lid on low to med heat. Let it cook for 30-40 minutes, flip every once in a while.
2. Same few slices of onion in the oven at around 350. Cover your container with aluminum foil, wait like 40 minutes. If you want some color uncover it for another 10-20 minutes.

Covering it helps keep the moisture in and cook more thoroughly.

Puruzi

Banned
hS97CHG.jpg

I used to go to this one in brooklyn pretty often when I was younger, but then it became some generic other restaurant.

I almost cried.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Only bad chicken for me, is a chicken breast. That's some tedious eatin'

Any rotisserie chicken is delicious.

Deep fried chicken is amazing.

Chicken tenders are amazing.

Recently I've been using one of those oil-free air fryers and coating chicken tenders and thighs with a panko and spice mixture and effectively getting guilt-free deep fried chicken.

Also #teamDarkMeat

Honestly white meat is leaner and "healthier" because it contains no goodness/flavor. I also used to avoid ordering chicken at fancy-ish restaurants (like, $50 entrée spots) because it seemed like a waste of experience, but recently I've been trying more and more and it's now one of my go-tos when I eat out. There's some spectacular chicken out there folks. Jidori you say? Don't mind if I do.

I'm a big fan of chicken in general, but in terms of fried chicken this place single-handedly turned me onto the idea. Granted its only available in a certain area.
logo_raising_cane.png

I'd say to keep looking for recipes until you find something relatively easy to make which tastes good.
Or you can cook it with peanut oil.
Oh god. When I lived in Texas I gained like 5 pounds from there until I cut down on it. Then I moved back home and I miss it so much... I'm craving it now. :(

For an answer to the question in the OP, I use Foodgawker and search up foods I want to try and scroll through the pictures until I find something that looks really yummy. I have a lot of recipes from there.

When I work out or haven't eaten and I get a protein craving, the things that I get a deep craving for are chicken, ground beef, or red beans and rice with poached eggs on top.

Re: Chicken, to me, the thighs are the best. The meat right up near the bone is so flavorful. One of my favorite things to do is to braise chicken thighs and put them over brown rice with some wilted greens at the side. Here's a good recipe to work off of.

It's VERY rich, so make sure that you invite family or friends over to share. Or make it for your significant other, who will be impressed (even though this isn't hard to make, it's all French cuisine and such and thus if you can plate it in a nice way, it looks like it took a lot of skill).

Only bad chicken for me, is a chicken breast. That's some tedious eatin'

Any rotisserie chicken is delicious.

Deep fried chicken is amazing.

Chicken tenders are amazing.

Recently I've been using one of those oil-free air fryers and coating chicken tenders and thighs with a panko and spice mixture and effectively getting guilt-free deep fried chicken.

Also #teamDarkMeat

Honestly white meat is leaner and "healthier" because it contains no goodness/flavor. I also used to avoid ordering chicken at fancy-ish restaurants (like, $50 entrée spots) because it seemed like a waste of experience, but recently I've been trying more and more and it's now one of my go-tos when I eat out. There's some spectacular chicken out there folks. Jidori you say? Don't mind if I do.

Your own spice mixture? Or prepackaged? If it's good throw that brand my way please.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
How dare you OP, nothing beats chicken. And I don't mean just food. Chicken is the greatest thing ever.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Chicken has a mild flavour which makes it very adaptable to numerous dishes. Though if you had dry chicken, it was possibly over cooked. You could try the dark meat, which is more flavourful.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Pan fried chicken thighs is GOAT way to prepare that cut, simply. Just sprinkle adobo on it and fry the fuck out of it

Hrm. A grilled chicken with the right spices is always nice. Check your grocery's spice section, they usually have some decent mixes for chicken.

My mom would always do fried chicken with soya and fish sauce, really umami'd the flavour.

I can throw pieces on the charcoal grill and they're gone as soon as I take them off. Don't need anything on it to make it good.

Try getting bone in thighs with the skin on for the most versatile part of the chicken. Or roast a whole chicken and make multiple meals out of it. It's about the only way I can stand eating the breasts.

Chicken thighs, skin side up, brush of olive oil, salt, pepper, a sprinkle of thyme or rosemary. In the oven for 20 minutes at 210°C, turn down heat to 170 and cook another 25 minutes. Delicious juicy chicken with crispy skin. I cook this about once a week/fortnight. So easy and tasty.

For breasts I recently started doing Chicken Piccata but that takes a bit of prep.

Raising Canes is pretty awesome, but what makes their chicken is their sauce. The strips themselves are okay, but not the best I've ever had. Def better deep fried chicken out there.

I'd agree with this. They have good meaty, high quality chicken, but it needs more seasoning and spices on it.

Clydefrog

One of these just opened right across the street from my local Chik Fil A. It'll be interesting to see if RC steals half of CFA's customers or if it's more a rising tides situation.

Oh, on Harbor? Yeah, I saw that too. Haven't been there yet though. I swear that stretch of road has every fast food joint imaginable. The Flame Broiler franchise next to Chik Fil A is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom