• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This SUCKS!!! My God of War 3 Copy is glitched wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stike

2074yu4sw2teud2.gif

fantastic. Saved for future use ;)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It would be funny if the remaster had an achievement for tapping circle for a certain amount of time. Call it "its time to stop tapping" or "this is the part where you stop pressing circle" or something

Rndm

Just stumbled upon this thread and wow, this was supposed to be a troll, right? I mean it has to be. The way he talked about pausing it to continue later and restarting it without ever not pressing the button just seems too fake to me. I hope it was a troll, I really do.

Rndm

press
cerchio.png
to pay respects.

Ok, totally off-topic, but I need to know this. Another recently released game did this as well
Arkham Knight, and even Arkham City did that before AW or Battlefield
, but why is it that AW gets so much shit for it?

I mean BF got some as well after it was shown in a demo and I guess many players saw it in AW because it happens very early in the game, but the other case is not only just as bad, but worse because it's not even the first time
for that series
that this has happened.

Is it just another case of "let's hate on CoD or FPS games" or is there another justification?

Also, many people criticize it and I can see where they are coming from. The old "a game needs to find better ways to tell a story through its gameplay", but what would be the solution for it? Script it to make it happen automatically? It's very confusing to me.

TheSpoonyBard

Neo Member
Ok, totally off-topic, but I need to know this. Another recently released game did this as well

I mean BF got some as well after it was shown in a demo and I guess many players saw it in AW because it happens very early in the game, but the other case is not only just as bad, but worse because it's not even the first time
for that series
that this has happened.

Is it just another case of "let's hate on CoD or FPS games" or is there another justification?

Also, many people criticize it and I can see where they are coming from. The old "a game needs to find better ways to tell it's story through its gameplay", but what would be the solution for it? Script it to make it happen automatically? It's very confusing to me.

I think it was because it was so forced and consequently ruined the gravity of the scene. Why not just let the cutscene take over the controls and not have the prompt in the first place?

Image, for example, the more emotional cutscenes in The Last of Us except with you having to press buttons to get Joel to act. It would instantly ruin the immersion and gravity of it, because it's a jarring return to the fact that you're playing a game instead of enjoying in an experience.

for that series
that this has happened.

Also, many people criticize it and I can see where they are coming from. The old "a game needs to find better ways to tell a story through its gameplay", but what would be the solution for it? Script it to make it happen automatically? It's very confusing to me.

Press nothing to not pay respects.

Oh wait you can't, you're not allowed to just walk away, it's forcing you to do it so it may as well be a cut scene.
Press X to cut scene.

Rndm

I think it was because it was so forced and consequently ruined the gravity of the scene. Why not just let the cutscene take over the controls and not have the prompt in the first place?

Image, for example, the more emotional cutscenes in The Last of Us except with you having to press buttons to get Joel to act. It would instantly ruin the immersion and gravity of it, because it's a jarring return to the fact that you're playing a game instead of enjoying in an experience.

I do agree with that completely and I also think that games should do a better job at incorporating a scene or moment that is meant to trigger emotions like that into the gameplay in a less forced way or into a well made cutscene (especially since in both games there is a cutscene before and right after that and you do nothing else there (in AW it actually gets really awkward when you just stand there or get right up into peoples faces)), but what I really dislike about both of them and the reason why I do not understand that people do not really criticize it in
Arkham Knight
is that both of these are scenes that are mandatory if you want to progress in the game. It's like "press this button, then show some emotions and then you may continue."

I just think people are more forgiving if the game isn't one that is generally disliked by "real" gamers who care about "real" stories. CoD definitely doesn't get a lot of love on here for all the good things it actually does as the game-counterpart to a popcorn movie.

Press nothing to not pay respects.

Oh wait you can't, you're not allowed to just walk away, it's forcing you to do it so it may as well be a cut scene.
Press X to cut scene.

Yeah, exactly :)

Saw the Remastered OT then I saw this. Thought someone had received an early copy and now was experiencing problems with it. Then I read the thread.. lol

TheSpoonyBard

Neo Member
I do agree with that completely and I also think that games should do a better job at incorporating a scene or moment that is meant to trigger emotions like that into the gameplay in a less forced way or into a well made cutscene (especially since in both games there is a cutscene before and right after that and you do nothing else there (in AW it actually gets really awkward when you just stand there or get right up into peoples faces)), but what I really dislike about both of them and the reason why I do not understand that people do not really criticize it in
Arkham Knight
is that both of these are scenes that are mandatory if you want to progress in the game. It's like "press this button, then show some emotions and then you may continue."

I just think people are more forgiving if the game isn't one that is generally disliked by "real" gamers who care about "real" stories. CoD definitely doesn't get a lot of love on here for all the good things it actually does as the game-counterpart to a popcorn movie.

I wonder if the difference in
Arkham Knight
is because the scene starts after some really crazy stuff has just happened like
giving yourself up to Scarecrow, being injected by the fear toxin, clearly having a delusion that harkens back to your past etc
and Rocksteady thought it would be better for the player to explore their new environment (and get them playing again after a loooong cutscene) because of it. Plus, the player has that big fight right after, so perhaps going straight from cutscene hurt things.

The CoD version, however, was a situation we're all relatively familiar with (we've all seen footage of or been to funerals for soldiers, after all) and that having that prompt is absurd. Plus, it was literally gave you a minimum of ten seconds of control between two cutscenes, so why even give the control back at all?

TransTrender

Gold Member
So I'm confused. I haven't beaten the third one, but did the op literally refuse to stop pressing the button long enough for the QTE to execute but instead would rage quit and pull the power from the console before that would happen? That's impressive. You could be President one day.

Wanderer5

Lol I remember thinking for a couple moments of when it was going to end, and then realizing to just let go lol.XD Man Zeus must have been a glob of goo for some that didn't stop for a bit, ew.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom