• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week’s Japanese mag news ( Gundam 0079 Wii )

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Aokage said:
This week's new DS non-games:

Abacus DS

Detective Saburo Jinguji DS (admittedly a real game and I'm glad to see a new Saburo Jinguji after all this time [if it isn't a port or remake])

Start Today DS Calorie Navigator

Sommelier DS

Bartender DS

Sake Master DS

100 Selected Works of Japanese Literature Everyone Should Read

Let's Read Books! THE Mystery Novels

Let's Read Books! THE World Masterpieces

I Love Dolphins

Taiko no Tatsujin DS (real game)

Bartender DS could actually be fun, and you know I'm game for I Love Dolphins.

Linkup

lupin23rd said:
Wow, so the Guilty Gear rumor was true after all (assuming Souta is true).

It's all about Bartender DS. If that's what I think it is, I might have to pick up a DS.

About a guys that helps people with their problems and works a bar, if it's based off the anime.

cvxfreak

ethelred said:
Somalia DS? That could be interesting. Is the goal to feed all the ravaged hordes, or stop a civil war?

Oh, indeed, a company is making a game called Somalia DS. It's the next in the DS Travel Phrases series.

ethelred

cvxfreak said:
Oh, indeed, a company is making a game called Somalia DS. It's the next in the DS Travel Phrases series.

I always wanted to go there, but I was afraid of being gunned down by revolutionaries. Thank you, DS, for finally allowing my dream to come true from the safety of my bathroom.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
jj984jj said:
Bunch of new DS (non-)games:
Soroban DS
Tantei Jinguuji Saburou DS
Inshoku (Food and Drink)
Suji Trainer Navi (Muscle/Calorie? Trainer Navi)
Somurie DS
Nihon Moji 100 Selection (Japanese Literature 100 Selection)
Suiri Shosetsu (Mystery Novel)
Sekai Meisaku (World Masterpiece)
Island Rufin
Onsei Kanjou Souteiki
Itsuwari no Rinpukyoku
Ishoku Sakka (Unique Author)
Chomeijin (Celebrity)
Touch Bomberman Land
Taiko no Tatsujin
Yugioh Card Almanac
Sake Takumi (Sake Workman?)
Bartender DS

Oh man, this shit is getting out of control. I'm scared!

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Souta says Accent Core is a yes for Wii and he's rarely wrong (although he did spark the whole ridiculous Dead Rising 2 thing).

I'm pretty sure Sommelier DS, Bartender DS and Sakasho (Sake Master) DS will be alcohol reference tools (i.e. recommending what goes best with what meal -- what a real sommelier does).

From Gunota:

MS Sensen 0079 for Wii
The latest issue of Famitsu finally gave details on a second Gundam game for the Wii, Mobile Suit Gundam: MS Sensen (Warfront/Battle Lines) 0079, coming July 26:
- First person point-of-view.
- Take & exchange weapons from defeated enemies.
- Shooting is done by turning on aim with the pointer (Sniper mode).
- The Wiimote is used for melee attacks.
- Fierce close combat ensues when you use melee attacks at the same time as the enemy
- Before sorties, you can change the colors of your MS and its wingmen's

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Aokage said:
Souta says Accent Core is a yes for Wii and he's rarely wrong (although he did spark the whole ridiculous Dead Rising 2 thing).

I'm pretty sure Sommelier DS, Bartender DS and Sakasho (Sake Master) DS will be alcohol reference tools (i.e. recommending what goes best with what meal -- what a real sommelier does).

Wait, they're REAL? Is I Love Dolphins real?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Aokage said:
This week's new DS non-games:

Abacus DS

Detective Saburo Jinguji DS (admittedly a real game and I'm glad to see a new Saburo Jinguji after all this time [if it isn't a port or remake])

Start Today DS Calorie Navigator

Sommelier DS

Bartender DS

Sake Master DS

100 Selected Works of Japanese Literature Everyone Should Read

Let's Read Books! THE Mystery Novels

Let's Read Books! THE World Masterpieces

I Love Dolphins

Taiko no Tatsujin DS (real game)

I wish this game had an english option, I wish this game had an english option.....

ram

distantmantra said:
From Gunota:

MS Sensen 0079 for Wii
The latest issue of Famitsu finally gave details on a second Gundam game for the Wii, Mobile Suit Gundam: MS Sensen (Warfront/Battle Lines) 0079, coming July 26:
- Fierce close combat ensues when you use melee attacks at the same time as the enemy

rofl its a rail shooter... :lol

BioFan

where the hell is 360's gundam game. It needs to be delayed to make it good...but I hope it's not canceled!

Man... I'm sick of nongames for the DS. Before I used to ignore them... if you don't like them, don't buy them right? But now it seems all that gets announced for the DS is nongames. That sucks.

linsivvi

Chris Michael said:
Man... I'm sick of nongames for the DS. Before I used to ignore them... if you don't like them, don't buy them right? But now it seems all that gets announced for the DS is nongames. That sucks.

There are some real games in the DS game list, some even released on the PSP.

ethelred

Chris Michael said:

Maybe you should stop supporting industry destroying systems? /me shrugs

Get a PSP.

john tv

I kinda agree on leaving the Japanese news threads to people who can actually understand them -- jonny, aokage, duck, etc.

Jonnyram

enishi said:
Wait... It is 8190 Yen?!! nearly double for a normal NDS game (5040 yen including tax) and even more expensive than PS2/PSP Taiko...

Does Namco include a drum controller for DS? :lol
No, the July 26th, 8190yen line is about Oblivion for 360. Taiko doesn't have a date or a price yet.

The original MinGol info that was posted in the other thread was true, I think. That means it's fully online like MinGol online, with lobbies, avatars, 100 person realtime rounds and smaller online play-offs. But this time the latter is 8 players instead of 4. I can't wait for this... MinGol online was so awesome, but crippled by the HDD requirement. If lots of people buy this, it will be a truly awesome community. Can't wait to play with gaffers :)

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Wait, they're REAL? Is I Love Dolphins real?

Oh yes, they are "real" in the sense that they are actual DS software products that will be released in Japan. Even I Love Dolphins.

"Real" as in real games? It's your call :lol

john tv

Jonnyram said:
No, the July 26th, 8190yen line is about Oblivion for 360. Taiko doesn't have a date or a price yet.

The original MinGol info that was posted in the other thread was true, I think. That means it's fully online like MinGol online, with lobbies, avatars, 100 person realtime rounds and smaller online play-offs. But this time the latter is 8 players instead of 4. I can't wait for this... MinGol online was so awesome, but crippled by the HDD requirement. If lots of people buy this, it will be a truly awesome community. Can't wait to play with gaffers :)
Hell yeah, this'll be hot. That was a lot of fun, even when it was just the three of us playing (me, you, DCharlie).

I don't like the new swing type but fortunately it looks to be totally optional.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
DCharlie said:
well, it wouldn't be difficult
Have you actually Looked at the Waggle GC games released to date (especially Japanese developed ones)? Though you got a point, most HD games actually have certain "improvements" in SD (specifically, the jaggy nexgen(tm) shadows are much more tolerable in SD).

2GC + tape for the win !
2 GCs would probably stand a better chance then Waggle one, at least you could output to two TVs, that's like 2/3rds of 720P ~same as PGR3 and a few other 360 titles run at. :D

Does anybody have any more information about the actual contents of I Love Dolphins and other DS software products? It would be interesting to see what Japanese companies are releasing over there...

TreIII

ethelred said:
Yeah, wagglified PS2 ports rock.

Heh, I think the better thing to think about is that, with this, the last game in the "GGXX" line going to the Wii, it pretty much spells that the system is definitely going to be taking the torch from the PS2, as far as future 2D fighters go.

More than likely, ASW probably didn't take the news that SNKP is going to mainly support the Wii lying down, and saw that this was the time to start trying to build up a repetoire with the Nintendo demographic (which they really haven't done yet any way).

Besides, I doubt that the Waggle is really going to be factor here...classic controller and USB port support FTW... :D

Eteric Rice

If I remember the rumors, it's going to use the Wii's classic controller.

They should bundle that thing with some games. Should have been bundled with the system, IMO.

distantmantra said:
From Gunota:

MS Sensen 0079 for Wii
Sounds similar to the Saturn/Dreamcast FPS Gundams.

Terrell

cvxfreak said:
Wii
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core - 7/26
GoodGood.gif

Here's hoping we see the game Stateside, though I doubt Nintendo will say no to it so long as Sega is up to it.

Top Bottom