• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Week Famitsu Cross Review

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
PataHikari said:
How the heck could a Disgaea DS game be a port?

PS2 to DS Port. Come on that's silly.
Because those Saturn assets should be really challenging for the DS.

TreIII

Legend of Kage 2 has been a title that I've been interested in for a while, but have practically heard nothing about, beyond what the website offered.

Really tempted though...2D Ninja games are an all but dead breed, so if this game is good, and Taito gives off the same degree of work that they gave Space Invaders Extreme and Arkanoid DS, it would definitely be a +1 sale...

lyre

Jonnyram said:
Actually one of the reviewers did complain about dying too much :|
FacePalm_qjgenth.jpg

(because I couldn't find the more appropriate montage)

PataHikari said:
How the heck could a Disgaea DS game be a port?

PS2 to DS Port. Come on that's silly.

Sprite assets could, not sure about the portraits - may have to scale those down. As someone else mentioned earlier, the biggest problem with Disgaea on DS isn't the visuals - it is the audio and VA.

Whoa, last I check Legend of Kage, the only thing it had going for it was somewhat nice character art and a kicking website theme.

And, checking the webpage, I.....I, uh....hold on a second. This still looks like it did months ago....kind of a cross between something D3 would publish and a shovelware anime-based game (which I think D3 sometimes publish?). Am I missing something? Is there some footage or new screens? Because as much as I pump my fists at "ninjas", "platformer" and "seriously, ninjas", I can't say I've seen anything to be happy about.

I don't know. Maybe the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and the pudding will kick my ass. Or something.

batbeg

Huh, so I get this from babelfishing jeux-france:

Japanese Ichi Software had announced it: 5 titles are in preparations on Nintendo DS. The first of them has been just revealed and it acts without much surprise of Disgaea. Unfortunately, just like version PSP, it will act of an adaptation of the first episode of the series appeared on very Playstation 2 if one can hope for correct use of the double screen and stylet. The exit planned for the second quarter 2008. It should be noted that the editor has also to reveal two other titles on DS: Jisgaw World (play of reflexion) and, to confirm, a bearing of Rhapsody: In Musical Adventure. Remain to see which will be the last two plays.

Disgaea 1 port confirmed, and some other games I didn't hear anything about. No scans on jeux-france, by the way.

Emotions

Rhapsody : A Musical Advanture is getting ported to the DS as well
and a game called "Jigsaw World" too both from nipon ichi along with the Disgaea 1 port i hope it has the PSP extras.
There's an interview of nippon ichi talking about the projects i hope someone translates.

batbeg

Heh... I actually want the Disgaea port. It'll be something for me to play on my DS as the vast majority of my library is on the PSP (I know I know about the PSP Disgaea). Although I do wonder about how likely it is that it'll come to the West for a third time.

batbeg said:
Heh... I actually want the Disgaea port. It'll be something for me to play on my DS as the vast majority of my library is on the PSP (I know I know about the PSP Disgaea). Although I do wonder about how likely it is that it'll come to the West for a third time.
I'll stick with the PS2 version. A Disgaea tailored for the DS would have been preferable; unless this has some really nifty extras, I just can't accept the downgrades that are likely to come with this port.

Hopefully what else they have for the DS is more interesting.

batbeg

I have the PS2 one, I just can't get into it too much. Hopefully being portable will make it more fun, and I don't care in the least about the lack of VA. PSP extras + New stuff = Get for me :D Though yeah, I was hoping for something more original. There's still two other unannounced games!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Rhapsody too?

Unnecessary ports =
2qsxpjt.gif

I was actually expecting original SRPGs with the softhouse's usual flavor made from the ground for the platform. Oh well, I'm still curious about what are the other titles.

Disgaea port for DS isn't what I had in mind, but at least it would introduce the game to stubborn Nintendo exclusive owners. If it has another mode like Flonne mode or something, then I will buy it again for the third time.

But that is the final one NiS! I want Disgaea 2 on PSP.

Top Bottom