• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week gets worse..now its my dog

• Thread starter Deleted member 713885
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Well, if you refer back to my post on Wed my car broke down and was towed

Did what many of you said and didn't go to the dealership and instead went to a local mechanic. Seems I needed my ECU rebuilt and new coils...and hopefully thats it. Gonna end up costing me an arm and a leg.

But now...

Friday everything seem fine with my dog. I gave her some treats around noon, 2 Carob cookies (but cant be sure she ate them, my other dog might have) Then at dinner she refused to eat.
In my 10 years of having her shes never refused to eat. No dinner, no treats etc..
Later on she barfed up some bile.
Then today, the same.
Refused to eat and barfed up bile.
Had a small amount of diarrhea.

Took her to the vet this morning, $800 in blood work and xrays. They didn't find anything aside from elevated red blood cells they attribute to dehydration.
Sent me home today with Pepcid, some soft on her stomach food, and pills for a GI virus . Put liquids under her skint o re-hydrate her

Fighting with her to take the pills. First time thats ever happened cause I could always hide them in food...but she refuses to eat or swallow.
Drinking small amounts of water 2 or 3 times. Still hasn't touched any food. Made some rice with warm chicken broth and she turned her nose at it.
Drooling alot, something shes never done.
Goes out to poop and strains, seems she has diarrhea feeling but nothing in the tank.

All she seems to want to do is sleep. Breathing heavy.

I lost a cat like this years ago. Just "stopped eating" zero reason or test found out why.

I'm incredibly worried, shes never been this sick. Shes had ear infections, GI sick with diarrhea before, allergies etc.. (and happily took her meds via cheese/PB)

Shes been my best friend the last 10 years, and a perfect dog.

PMvDWtA.jpg

xKTMjJq.jpg

MaestroMike

Gold Member
ur dogs hella cute hope she feels better. maybe keep trying out different foods & see if she responds to any of them or just leave them out for her when shes really hungry & ready to eat.

PanzerAzel

Really sorry to hear, hopefully she’ll pull through. The most frustrating and worrying thing is to have a sick animal and not be able to figure out why. Hope for the best.

Humdinger

I understand how you feel. My dog went through a long period of being sick, and it was hard for both of us. I imagine that it's harder knowing that your cat passed after going through a period like this, where she wasn't eating and was testing out okay. I'm sure that makes you worry that your dog is going to pass. Hopefully that's not the case. I think there is some hope in the fact that her bloodwork is fine and the vets say she is okay. A lot of times, this can just be a GI issue that passes. I'll say a little prayer for her and you. I wish you the best. I know how important a dog can be.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Well, if you refer back to my post on Wed my car broke down and was towed

Did what many of you said and didn't go to the dealership and instead went to a local mechanic. Seems I needed my ECU rebuilt and new coils...and hopefully thats it. Gonna end up costing me an arm and a leg.

But now...

Friday everything seem fine with my dog. I gave her some treats around noon, 2 Carob cookies (but cant be sure she ate them, my other dog might have) Then at dinner she refused to eat.
In my 10 years of having her shes never refused to eat. No dinner, no treats etc..
Later on she barfed up some bile.
Then today, the same.
Refused to eat and barfed up bile.
Had a small amount of diarrhea.

Took her to the vet this morning, $800 in blood work and xrays. They didn't find anything aside from elevated red blood cells they attribute to dehydration.
Sent me home today with Pepcid, some soft on her stomach food, and pills for a GI virus . Put liquids under her skint o re-hydrate her

Fighting with her to take the pills. First time thats ever happened cause I could always hide them in food...but she refuses to eat or swallow.
Drinking small amounts of water 2 or 3 times. Still hasn't touched any food. Made some rice with warm chicken broth and she turned her nose at it.
Drooling alot, something shes never done.
Goes out to poop and strains, seems she has diarrhea feeling but nothing in the tank.

All she seems to want to do is sleep. Breathing heavy.

I lost a cat like this years ago. Just "stopped eating" zero reason or test found out why.

I'm incredibly worried, shes never been this sick. Shes had ear infections, GI sick with diarrhea before, allergies etc.. (and happily took her meds via cheese/PB)

Shes been my best friend the last 10 years, and a perfect dog.

PMvDWtA.jpg

xKTMjJq.jpg
Yeah man, that sucks. Had a similar thing with my cat recently. Mine turned out to be a snake bite. Doubt that’s your problem, though. Keep an eye on her.

Kadayi

Banned
Just make sure food and water are there for her when she feels like it, and allow her to get plenty of rest and make her comfortable (like any animal the body does its best healing when we sleep). Clearly she's ill (probably a stomach bug which is why she's off food), but if the Vets gave her the all-clear on the blood work that would indicate that it's nothing immediately life-threatening. The best you can do is wait. Like us, Dogs get ill and sometimes you just have to ride it out (and if that means skipping a few meals so be it) If she still isn't eating by Wednesday go see the vet again.

To put it in context PKM, you ever had food poisoning? Did you feel like eating straight away? I got FP just before New Years, spent most of the break glued to the bowl, shitting my system clear. Zero appetite throughout, because my body was in pure void mode.

It's Jeff

Banned
I'm so sorry to see that. Give that dog super extra love, head scratches, and belly rubs.

That second photo is also the greatest dog picture I've ever seen!

GamingKaiju

So sorry to hear PKM. Having a sick pet is like your child is ill. It’s hard and you worry a lot. Carry on trying to get her something even if it’s little and try to ride it out if there’s no improvement in a weeks time then take her back to the vets and get another opinion.

Grieves

My dog sometimes goes off food and has diarrhoea.

I usually put it down to having eaten something that hasn't agreed with him.

He's usually fine in a couple of days so I wouldn't worry yet.

Top Bottom