• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks covers of the Economist, the New Yorker, and Time magazine

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I thought these were thread worthy since they are so good, but modbot can lock if it isn't.

3SpgYUn.jpg

ioqi7ro.jpg

lLGZjkm.jpg

Some more:

First post on Reddit right now is absolutely amazing too -

WcwVqHo.jpg

Yep, the comparisons are everywhere. A relative drew this a while back:

64PMB1y.jpg

Time's cover is definitely not on par with the other two.

I dunno, I feel like the Time cover has more layers to it. The KKK/Trump association is so easy to make and a lot of moderates like to pretend the KKK is irrelevant.

This past weekend we saw literal Nazis kill a woman and lynch a man, and the President refused to condemn them unequivocally. The hate that bore that out is in large part the result of the "it can't happen here" thinking and misguided American exceptionalism.

Raven117

How can anyone with a sane mind sit back and say "yeah, I like the way Trump is doing things right now?"

Those covers are dead serious.

Mivey

All of those belong in the history books once the chapter on this depressing time period has been written.
I don't think many of these artifacts will survive WW3 and the slow reconstruction of modern civilization, especially catching up technologically.

Cowlick

Banned
There's a fair bit going on in there, though.

The way the United States is shrouding Nazi beliefs within. Or, from the shape of the flag, how Nazi beliefs are distorting the United States.

How Nazis feel protected/shielded.

The dominance of the white background.

Maybe it's a stretch, but the yellow hand kinda looks like a squashed version of Trump's hair...

norm9

Brutal and honest. Can't even begin to imagine what next weeks' covers might bring.

Full hood and dead bodies?

It's powerful for me. Hiding behind the flag with patriotism as the cowl, anonymous citizen is sieg heiling.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
New Yorker cover's my fav out of the three. The boat should be rudderless though.

cdyhybrid

The Time cover is just as good. It's easy to link Trump with the KKK because it allows people to compartmentalize them as fringe extremists.

It's much harder for people to come to terms with the fact that the US has very serious issues with race that have been there since before the country even existed.

Top Bottom