• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Week's Famitsu News Thread of L4U Scores and Higurashi DS

icecream

Public Health Threat
Scores:
Idolm@ster Live 4 U (360) 7/8/7/6
Call of Juarez (360) 7/7/7/7
Zengoku Dekotora (Wii) 7/6/6/5
Choro-Q (Wii) 7/6/7/7
SIMPLEwii Series THE Block Destroyer (Wii) 5/5/5/5
SIMPLEwii Series THE Waiwai Combat (Wii) 6/6/6/7
Petit Four (PS2) 6/6/6/6
Toli no Hoshi ~Aerial Planet~ (PS2) 8/8/7/8
DS Dengeki Bunko -Baccano!- (DS) 7/7/7/7
Akagawa Jirou Mysteries -Yasoukyoku- 6/7/7/6

Scans:
Valkyrie of The Battlefield Sega/PS3

-More screenshots here

Tales of Symphonia -Knights of Ratatosk Namco/Wii

Tales of Rebirth Namco/PSP

Monster Hunter Portable 2G Capcom/PSP

Higurashi Kizuna Alchemist/DS

-Essentially a PS2 port broken into 4 installments

Princess Debut Cave/DS

Luminous Arc 2 Marvelous/DS

Mikami Interview

-Nothing really of note

Thanks to AdamBlade for scans upload

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Damn the more I see the more I am liking it but I need to see more of the game play parts to be considered sold on it.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Dascu said:
Anyway, is that Higurashi no naku koro ni DS game a port of the PS2 games?
Yes, with the usual extra content to draw in more sales. It's also going to be split up into 4 volumes.

kay

icecream said:
Valkyrie of The Battlefield Sega/PS3
fa5z7o.jpg
9stsgy.png

DBZ: BL 6/5

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
VotB and Soma Bringer will be mine :O

Laguna

Banned
Tales of Symphonia is looking better and better. Namco will regret their previous PR statements for this game.

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Wow, that's an excellent use of Cave's resources. I'm sure bebpo and co will be thrilled.

Maybe it's a different Cave :\

Or maybe they need to make some profit so they can port their shmups!

Flakster99

Laguna said:
Tales of Symphonia is looking better and better. Namco will regret their previous PR statements for this game.

As the install base of the Wii continues to increase in relation to the PS3 by almost 3 to 1 and then some, it just makes sense for Namco to put forth a better effort, a more focused, serious piece of software. I think we can lump SE into the mix as well, looking forward to their more serious Wii wares, pun intended.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Valkyrie looks incredible, I also hope Luminous Arc 2 can improve over its predecessor.

Durante

Toli no Hoshi ~Aerial Planet~ (PS2) 8/8/7/8
That's the interesting-looking N1 game from a while back, right? What did they say about it?

Also, VotB is looking even better than usual. UE3 devs take note :lol

Laguna

Banned
Flakster99 said:
As the install base of the Wii continues to increase in relation to the PS3 by almost 3 to 1 and then some, it just makes sense for Namco to put forth a better effort, a more focused, serious piece of software. I think we can lump SE into the mix as well, looking forward to their more serious Wii wares, pun intended.

In my opinion the Tales of Series is a series that is mostly driven buy its fanbase (looking at its last games a shrinking one). This fanbase probably consist of well informed hardcore gamers, that even now have Tales of Symphonia "2" producers words from last year in mind. Namco is obviously putting more effort now it was even postponed but it will take Namco alot of work (marketing-wise) to change peoples perception.

Top Bottom