• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu thread of Niinouness, Level 5 Vision-ness, and Wesker in RE5

A new scan showed up showing a new Harvest Moon DS game!

Looks like they're using new character designs again. In fact the designs are giving me a slight Astro Boy vibe.

Edit: Family Ski 2 scans are up!

IMO, the lighting and character models look better than the first. I think it's a nice improvement, if at all. :p

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
nelsonroyale said:
Logic...I have a powerful laptop, a ps3 and a psp...the DS is very weak graphically to me outside of a few stylistic games, the graphics are pretty damn poor...didnt say the games were crap though so you can wipe the steam off your glasses you angry young man

It works fine for 2D and that's all that matters (to me)... I wouldn't want a game with Ghibli art to be anything but 2D, either.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
djtiesto said:
It works fine for 2D and that's all that matters (to me)... I wouldn't want a game with Ghibli art to be anything but 2D, either.
I think it does use some 3D assets though. I saw a better scan of one of the screens where the main character is speaking with the yellow/blue creature near a fountain at night and both models seem to be in cel shaded 3D to me.

d+pad

Aeana said:
Some more small 7th Dragon scans have surfaced showing town areas and the battle UI. It looks so awesome. It's definitely very DQ-like.

Oh, the 7th Dragon battle screen looks glorious! Day one, baby :)

Case said:
Still no Arc Rise? T_T

I know! :mad:

How can Arc Rise and Kizuna STILL not have had their pages scanned yet?!

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!?!

Is there some sort of extreme bias against Wii games or something afoot? T_T

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hero of legend said:
Is there some sort of extreme bias against Wii games or something afoot? T_T
It's more like a lot of pro-handhelds bias. And I'm far from complaining.

It'll be at TGS. :)

Akai

Alaluef said:
It's more like a lot of pro-handhelds bias. And I'm far from complaining.

Well whoever was scanning took the time to scan in 7 pages of some PS2 ADV game, so why not a few extra? =(

duckroll

Looks like Yuuichi Nakamura is playing the lead in Arc Rise Fantasia, and Akira Ishida is the blond dude. The male voices are more interesting than the female voices this time round...

wsippel

Banned
Any idea who's the character designer for Kizuna? Minaba? On the other hand, many design elements remind me of Masaki (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia)...

Ydahs

king zell said:
After five minutes of waiting, the picture finally loading. Damn capped internet.

Loving the art style for ARF. Looks really awesome. It's at TGS right? Hope we get a lengthy trailer and confirmation of a US/EU release.

Fritz

The scans arent perfect but, gosh, kizuna and arc rise look effin awesome. And I really dig what we've heard bout their respective gameplays so far. Not too complex but in no way shallow, just really fun and engaging. Art direction is brilliant as well. ARF keeps reminding me of escaflowne and kizuna has this 80s fantasy vibe to it. Now I cant wait for TGS.

edit: new chic in ARF is pretty hot

kobashi100 said:
after seeing the Raiden IV score I now not sure if I should cancel my pre-order. Has anyone read the review?

You really can't go by Famitsu when it comes to reviewing shooters(or reviews in general lolz).

Seriously though coming from them 28/40 is really good.

Caelestis

Just saw better pics of Ushiro. So far it looks like the most interesting Level 5 game to me from all the recent announcements.

Arc and Kizuna are great as always. I am really liking Kizuna's character designs so far.

Top Bottom