• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japanese game mag news

SEBA

Banned
Jonnyram said:
According to the rumours started back in July, Tri-Ace had been working on Undiscovery for a year at that point, and putting a lot of effort into it, apparently.

In general or for a Japanese Xbox game?

Jonnyram said:
bnciy4.jpg

ethelred

Michirou_53 said:
That's not a Midori. That's En. They are pretty similar though.

En-Nichi no Tatsujin

Ennichi is a synonym for festival.

It's must be a compilation of mini-games.

Must it be? Seems a bit assumptive just based off the name.

Jonnyram

Michirou_53 said:
That's not a Midori. That's En. They are pretty similar though.

En-Nichi no Tatsujin

Ennichi is a synonym for festival.

It's must be a compilation of mini-games.
Ah, thanks.
You learn something every day :)

Wow at Atelier Lise DS, Gust just put PSX and PS2 games...and Marie and Elie ports to GBC. So wow, Lise is new (unless Lilie mispelled).

Average RPGs yeah, little tired on the Iris (3 games is too much), maybe in DS they can shine a little more.

ethelred

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Wow at Atelier Lise DS, Gust just put PSX and PS2 games...and Marie and Elie ports to GBC. So wow, Lise is new (unless Lilie mispelled).

Average RPGs yeah, little tired on the Iris (3 games is too much), maybe in DS they can shine a little more.

I wonder if NISA will localize it. They've never touched a Nintendo console.

Jonnyram said:
360 | Infinite Undiscovery
- Tri-Ace RPG

PS2 | OutRun 2 SP
- not news

DS | Survival Kids Lost in Blue 2
Spring 2007
- not news

DS | ASH

DS | Quiz! King of Japanese DS

DS | Seiken Densetsu Heroes of Mana

Oh my God. Heroes of Mana is coming for Nintendo DS !! Go Square-Enix !

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wish people would stop calling it Gun Survivor, the chinese magazine already said that the game will take place in the third person perspective like RE4 and not in the first person like the GS series. They are obviously not being done the same way.

AniHawk

I never bought a Resident Evil game before, but I think I'll give the Wii version a go. The controls make it sound very interesting and fun.

ethelred

BorkBork said:
I'm probably the only person who is looking forward to Survival Kids 2.

Nah, I have a friend who absolutely loved the first game, and I think she's pretty hyped for the second one, too. I could never really get into it myself, but sim/RPGs aren't really for me.

jj984jj said:
Basically, the magazine claims to have some inside scoop of the game, which will be announced at Tokyo Game Show:

- The game is named "Biohazard: Umbrella Corp Chronicle"
- Features all characters from BH1, BH2, BH3, and BH4
- Wiimote will be used for lightgun
- Story will fill in the blanks between BH:CV and BH4
- Features mansion from BH1, Raccoon Police Station from BH2
- Based on BH4 system, features QTE similar to BH4, 3rd person perspective
- Features 2 gameplay modes: Scenario mode and Arcade mode
- Scenario mode - Play through the entire story from BH1 to BH4, stage by stage
- Can only choose one type of gun and one type of weapon during a stage (limited ammo)
- Exclusive on Wii

wait, so the wii version will be a lightgun RE shooter game much like the RE Survivor series? why does that not really fill me with confidence? and from the sounds of it, its a rehashed/recompiled RE game basically filled with the RESIDENT EVIL:GREATEST HITS or somethin like that.........is it time to be concerned?

duckroll

Heroes of Mana is apparently a Real Time Strategy RPG, whatever that means. Tri-Ace fans will also be kinda disappointed because apparently there's only 1 screenshot and 1 illustration for the game, along with a 2 page interview with Gotanda.

ethelred

duckroll said:
Heroes of Mana is apparently a Real Time Strategy RPG, whatever that means. Tri-Ace fans will also be kinda disappointed because apparently there's only 1 screenshot and 1 illustration for the game, along with a 2 page interview with Gotanda.

A... Mana strategy RPG? Huh.

Well, that could be very interesting, I guess. I have been banging the "DS needs more SRPGs" drum, so I guess I can't complain. Any word on who the developer is?

bluemax

Banned
duckroll said:

So Freedom Force esque only with Mana stuff? I could get behind that...

duckroll

There are supposed to be 4 pages of VF5 for PS3. Tons of pics, official VF5 stick for PS3 also announced.

Edit: 3 is next to 2. :(

AniHawk

frAntic_Frog said:
Basically, the magazine claims to have some inside scoop of the game, which will be announced at Tokyo Game Show:

- The game is named "Biohazard: Umbrella Corp Chronicle"
- Features all characters from BH1, BH2, BH3, and BH4
- Wiimote will be used for lightgun
- Story will fill in the blanks between BH:CV and BH4
- Features mansion from BH1, Raccoon Police Station from BH2
- Based on BH4 system, features QTE similar to BH4, 3rd person perspective
- Features 2 gameplay modes: Scenario mode and Arcade mode
- Scenario mode - Play through the entire story from BH1 to BH4, stage by stage
- Can only choose one type of gun and one type of weapon during a stage (limited ammo)
- Exclusive on Wii

wait, so the wii version will be a lightgun RE shooter game much like the RE Survivor series? why does that not really fill me with confidence? and from the sounds of it, its a rehashed/recompiled RE game basically filled with the RESIDENT EVIL:GREATEST HITS or somethin like that.........is it time to be concerned?

Doesn't sound like it. Though it might be on rails, I think that would've been mentioned.

ethelred

Jonnyram said:
Looks like Mawasunda, but with shaking instead of twisting. Should be a cool party game, esp. with the Taito references like Arkanoid and Bubble Bobble.

I dunno what Mawasunda is, but if it looks like Mawasunda, then it probably is Mawasunda, since Mawasunda was one of the three games Taito announced for Wii a while back (Densha and Cooking Mama were the other two).

duckroll

Wii games info:

Necrocia - Silent Hill style viewpoint, RE style enemies and atmosphere
Sengoku Musou Wave - You use the Wiimote, viewpoint looks like Kenshin Dragon Quest
Furifuri - Minigame-fest
Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles - 2 screenshots, no details
Wing Island - Bi-plane simulator
Korolinba - Marble Madness-ish
Bomberman Land - Minigame-fest

Edit:

Next week's Famitsu = MGS4 scoop, KH2 Final Mix, S-E NEW GAME SCOOP (FF12 DS?). Nomura interview.

So I guess the Jump inform is LEGIT and should be hitting the net today or tomorrow. :D

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:
Wii games info:

Sengoku Musou Wave - You use the Wiimote, viewpoint looks like Kenshin Dragon Quest

We knew this.

duckroll said:
Furifuri - Minigame-fest
t

:< @ mini-game fests

at least we get screenshots of Biohazard... i'm curious to see the effort here, because if the Chinese mag concept is true it sounds lame as hell/phoned-in

AniHawk

cartman414 said:
You're kidding, right?

No I'm not. Konami thought it would be a good idea to put in a stupid dungeon at the very end of the game where you had to spend days away from the chick in order to move blocks around in 8 separate rooms. It was so annoyingly stupid. Like something out of Vagrant Story or Jak II.

ethelred

duckroll said:
Wii games info:

Furifuri - Minigame-fest

Edit:

Next week's Famitsu = MGS4 scoop, KH2 Final Mix, S-E NEW GAME SCOOP (FF12 DS?). Nomura interview.

So I guess the Jump inform is LEGIT and should be hitting the net today or tomorrow. :D

Okay, cool. So Wing Island is Hudson's Flight Sim game, then.

And FFXII DS still = megaawesome.

Top Bottom