• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Week's Japanese Sony Obituaries (magazine news)

Link

The Autumn Wind
Kangu said:
Realtime style change in DMC4 OMG so awesome.

Imagine teleporting with Trickster in mid air then switching to Sword Master, unleashing an aerial combo, switching to Gunslinger, pumping some poor marionette full of lead, the switching to royal guard to unleash a pre charged counter. SHIT GAVE MYSELF A BONER.
Dammit, I really need to play DMC3, because I have no idea what the **** you just said.

teepo said:
thx god for ac6. at least it's guaranteed to be good unlike lair.
titlej2dk2ia8.jpg

RaijinFY

teepo said:
thx god for ac6. at least it's guaranteed to be good unlike lair.

Judging how turned out Ace Combat Zero, you should be careful because actually it could be complete crap...

EDIT:

Anyway, I hope Namco improved their next-gen abilities. :roll:

teepo

judging by how awesome the psp version was and you know, it being on a NEXTGEN console, i think i'm safe.

oh yeh online co-op and massive air battles. FAP FAP FAP

Jonnyram

Reviews:
DS
Hitman Reborn DS 7,6,5,6
Atama de Do! Kotenkotenko 5,5,5,5
Tamagotchi's Fabulous Rainbowventure 7,6,5,6
Digimon Story 7,7,7,7
The Arashi Drift Rally 5,6,3,5

PS2
Fist of the North Star 7,5,6,5
The Room Share Lifestyle 6,6,7,7
Vitamin X 7,6,7,6
Manabi Straight 7,6,6,6
Pro Baseball Spirits 4 8,8,8,8

Wii
Fishing Master 6,7,6,7

Call of Duty 3 9,9,8,9

PS3
Pro Baseball Spirits 4 9,8,9,9

Jonnyram said:

Reviews:
DS
Hitman Reborn DS 7,6,5,6
Digimon Story 7,7,7,7

PS2
Vitamin X 7,6,7,6
Manabi Straight 7,6,6,6

Wii
Fishing Master 6,7,6,7

Call of Duty 3 9,9,8,9

PS3

whatdoggif.

Jonnyram said:

Reviews:
DS
Hitman Reborn DS 7,6,5,6
Digimon Story 7,7,7,7

PS2
Vitamin X 7,6,7,6
Manabi Straight 7,6,6,6

Wii
Fishing Master 6,7,6,7

Call of Duty 3 9,9,8,9

PS3

Is there a page 2?

Jonnyram

Namomura said:
Square Enix may announce a new FF at Square Enix Party 2007...
There's no "may" about it... it says there in the ad - "A FF that noone knows will make an appearance".

BTW, who is the woman on the 20th Anniversary crystal in the middle? Is that the Amano version of Yuna from FFX-2?

Jonnyram said:
There's no "may" about it... it says there in the ad - "A FF that noone knows will make an appearance".
It's too bad that it probably won't be on the X360, as their lineups on other platforms are already quite heavy. You'd think, with that kind of software support across so many platforms, that they'd be throwing the X360 a bone and not this kinda-sorta support.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Jonnyram said:
Reviews:

What the **** happened here? It may have its share of balance issues, but HnK is not a game to be getting scored so low. Did Arc not pay Famitsu enough?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Lyte Edge said:
What the **** happened here? It may have its share of balance issues, but HnK is not a game to be getting scored so low. Did Arc not pay Famitsu enough?

I noticed that too. I don't care about the score, but that's pretty low. I'm still really curious about the History Mode in the game. :D Maybe it was the low selection of fighters? Oh well.

Yama

Damn, weapon cancelling was sick enough, but now style cancels. That sounds so broken and GREAT. MVC2 confirmed. :D

Agent Icebeezy said:
Farmers don't milk this much. I'm all for the regular games, but damn, create some new IPs

agreed...god damn its blown up. Id like to see them try their hand at something original as well.

u_neek

Agent Icebeezy said:
Farmers don't milk this much. I'm all for the regular games, but damn, create some new IPs
14 - FOURTEEN - new FF titles including remakes and the complete Advent Children dvd.

This is getting way out of hand Square Enix - start making some new IP's or revive some of the good ol' ones. I'd like to see some more Parasite Eve, Code Age or Chrono games.

Jonnyram

u_neek said:
This is getting way out of hand Square Enix - start making some new IP's or revive some of the good ol' ones. I'd like to see some more Parasite Eve, Code Age or Chrono games.
I agree, but Code Age is dead, Mana is on life support, Front Mission likewise (unless the DS remake can rekindle the flame). Chrono highly unlikely, Xenodead, Parasite Extinct... They don't have a lot of choices right now apart from FF, KH and SaGa. Hopefully they can create some attractive new IP without relying on comics, mobile phones, anime and other bullcrap. IAWW could be nice, fingers crossed.

Acosta

Jonnyram said:

BTW, who is the woman on the 20th Anniversary crystal in the middle? Is that the Amano version of Yuna from FFX-2?

Could be... This is Amano's version of Yuna of FFX.

media

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
sould be the wii ff13 spin-off....maybe a prequel to ff13 (ps3)

Acosta

Lyte Edge said:

I really believe Famitsu hates 2D fighting at this point. I will buy it no matter what.

u_neek

Jonnyram said:
I agree, but Code Age is dead, Mana is on life support, Front Mission likewise (unless the DS remake can rekindle the flame). Chrono highly unlikely, Xenodead, Parasite Extinct... They don't have a lot of choices right now apart from FF, KH and SaGa. Hopefully they can create some attractive new IP without relying on comics, mobile phones, anime and other bullcrap. IAWW could be nice, fingers crossed.
Code Age sounded so promising but I guess it did poorly since it was never released in the west. Chrono and Parasite could easily be revived. I don't care about Front Mission ;)

jesusraz

Hiromichi Tanaka said there'd be FF Anniversary projects on other systems when asked whether anything would come to Nintendo hardware...And considering it'd have to be released this year, it's likely a DS project.

Pureauthor said:
*flips coin*

DS or Wii, peeps? Bets are open till tomorrow, same time.

I wanna bet on Wii, mayhaps the Versus XIII. They did say unannounced so most probably a Wii spinoff with the XIII name on it.

When is this party anyway?

There's hope for Vagrant Story though apparently!

Eurogamer: Final Fantasy XII is a return to the world of Ivalice - which we previously saw in Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story. FFT is coming to the PlayStation Portable this year, but what about Vagrant Story? Any chance we'll see that game revived in future?

Hiroshi Minagawa: [laughs] Hmm, I wonder!

Akitoshi Kawazu: [also laughing] I wonder!

Hiroshi Minagawa: Give me a little more time to make a decision on that. [both men laugh]

u_neek

Kafel said:
May 12th.
Final Fantasy 0, with main characters of all the episodes.
my bet
If they released a good fighting game with characters from all games, I think I'd actually buy it.

Hiroshi Minagawa: [laughs] Hmm, I wonder!

Akitoshi Kawazu: [also laughing] I wonder!

Hiroshi Minagawa: Give me a little more time to make a decision on that. [both men laugh]
filsmom.jpg

SuomiDude

Good to see The Crystal Bearers saying coming soon, so it should hit this year. Games like FFXIII say work in progress, and they'll come out sometime next year I guess.

Kafel

Banned
Eh, was FFTA2 officially announced on the DS ? Bizarro is probably right.

It's not on the flyer so I think we don't need to search for this mysterious new Final Fantasy ...

There's mention of only 1 new FF so it has to be this one.

Could someone tell us what will happen on the 3/26 ? http://www.square-enix.co.jp/party07/

chibcicylist said:
I wanna bet on Wii, mayhaps the Versus XIII. They did say unannounced so most probably a Wii spinoff with the XIII name on it.

When is this party anyway?

haha versus? no. Its a new game to be announced. And honestly ffvii? thats never happening. All I want of remakes is a xenogears remake..game was never even finished

peace

Hunahan

Banned
Yeah, Square has somehow widdled themselves down into a one-trick pony, which is just sad.

I guess I really was the only one who thought that the thing that made the series so great was that they just made entirely new worlds and characters for every game. Now it seems like it's all sequels and mini-franchises underneath a common banner name that's starting to mean squat.

I'm still excited about the actual Final Fantasy XIII along with the rest of the world, but they've devalued the brand enough that when they promise to show the world a "brand new Final Fantasy," I just don't actually care since I assume it will be something lame.

Probably Final Fantasy Moogle Stacking for Palm Pilot at this rate.

Oh well.

Top Bottom