• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's JP mag news (OUENDAN 2 MAY 17!!!!)

Jonnyram said:
ouen2.gif

GOOD LORD! I will end up with this AND Elite Beat 2!!!

RaidenZR

Awesome dates for the Nintendo games listed. All really soon. Ouendan can't come soon enough either.

And what is Urban Chaos? Something to look for from Spike?

Ronok

I just did something very strange.... I pre-ordered Ouendan 2........ This is the first time I've fully paid for a game before release in my life. lol

PA coupon force it on me. ; ;

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ShockingAlberto said:
Ouendan 2

Next month

Are you shitting me? Because I didn't expect it this early. I almost can't believe it.

Goddamn I better pre-order.
I didn't expect to import so soon after getting the DJMP2 LE. Rhythm games FTW!

ethelred

Cool at Rune Factory 2. I've heard lots of nice things about the first one, and I'm looking forward to picking it up. Hopefully Neverland's developing again.

The Zelda release this soon is a bit surprising... cool, in one sense, but disappointing in another. I guess that means Archaic Sealed Heat's not going to make Q2 after all. I can't see them publishing two big game-games that soon together.

Jiggy37 said:
Well that sucks. Another Luminous Arc situation where I was liking the design from the looks of things, but I guess it didn't translate to a great DS game.

It's not really surprising -- Atelier Lise looked pretty shitty.

I would like to see more Zelda. The WW style looks ****ing gorgious on the DS. I hope they can capture the grand scale of Wind Waker as well.

ethelred said:
A Nintendo-published Mistwalker game designed by Hironobu Sakaguchi? Pretty big, yeah.

We're talking sales, right?

ASH hasn't received any media coverage beyond a couple of screens. I'd be surprised if most folks hadn't forgotten about it by now. The people clamouring for it tends to be the same bunch.

Jonnyram

There is some PS3 news too...
Apparently Home will have character designs and items tailored for the Japanese audience. That's all I can find on that subject for now though.

ethelred

Pureauthor said:
We're talking sales, right?

ASH hasn't received any media coverage beyond a couple of screens. I'd be surprised if most folks hadn't forgotten about it by now. The people clamouring for it tends to be the same old bunch.

Yeah, assuming there's some serious effort put into the game, it should be quite a nice little seller. Probably not platinum, but then... neither is Zelda.

ASH hasn't received much media coverage to date because it's not at that point yet. Once the release date is announced you can expect massive promotion of the game from that point on.

Jonnyram

Ouendan tracklisting.
19 songs.
I'm just gonna post it in Japanese because I haven't watched any charts shows for months.

VISTA
気分上々↑↑
少年ハート
BANG!BANG!バカンス
???
???
Believe
リルラ リルハ
贈る言葉
バンビーナ
???
???
全力少年
ジュリアに傷心
Go my way
POP STAR
???
???
???

I guess the ???s are either hidden for now or the OP didn't know what they were. Is "Go My Way" the Idolm@ster song... if so, HOT!

Jonnyram said:
Ouendan tracklisting.
19 songs.
I'm just gonna post it in Japanese because I haven't watched any charts shows for months.

VISTA
気分上々↑↑
少年ハート
BANG!BANG!バカンス
???
???
Believe
リルラ リルハ
贈る言葉
バンビーナ
???
???
全力少年
ジュリアに傷心
Go my way
POP STAR
???
???
???

I guess the ???s are either hidden for now or the OP didn't know what they were. Is "Go My Way" the Idolm@ster song... if so, HOT!

Go My Way? :O :O :O~!!!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Jonnyram said:
Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race
Wii, Nintendo, 28 June 2007

Plz Online :)

ethelred said:
Yeah, assuming there's some serious effort put into the game, it should be quite a nice little seller. Probably not platinum, but then... neither is Zelda.

if tww can sell 800k on the cube why shouldn`t PH could not reach platinum on ds ?

Jonnyram

ok, these are the artists I guess:

VISTA - Going Underground
気分上々↑↑ - mihimaru GT
少年ハート - Homemade Kazoku
BANG!BANG!バカンス - smap
Believe - Ayaka?
リルラ リルハ - Kimura Kaela
贈る言葉 - Flow
バンビーナ - Hotei Tomoyasu?
全力少年 - Sukima Switch
ジュリアに傷心 - checkers
Go my way - hitomi
POP STAR - Hirai Ken

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Alkaliine said:
TP didn't exactly do too well.

so wii userbase= ds userbase ? they should like the art style of ph much more + online-battle mode....

Jonnyram said:
There is some PS3 news too...
Apparently Home will have character designs and items tailored for the Japanese audience. That's all I can find on that subject for now though.
This is big news if true. Sony has basically ignored their JP fans and their lack of success has been the response but this could be a step towards some momentum.

Wow, Ar Tonelico 2? Cool. Haven't played the first, yet, but I heard it was pretty good and did pretty well here.

Any news on this?

And why are you all nuts about this Quendan 2?! Did I miss something?! Please, do tell!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This means Nintendo has the choice of Super Mario Strikers, Donkey Kong Jet Racing and Fire Emblem to fill the summer drought from June to September......nice :)

Plus this means we might get an August date for Zelda....if we're lucky

TreIII

Khalid-S said:
WTF !! Zelda's release date must be in the thread title instead of Ouendan !! what's wrong with u GAF ??

The fact that Zelda DS is coming out soon is gravy.

But this is friggin' OUENDAN 2 we're talking about here. Until recently, we had no real idea if a sequel to the original was on its way or not. It sold some what decently, but certainly wasn't a plat-seller either. No one could really say without a shadow of a doubt that Ouendan 2 was going to come out, so seeing the series thrive enough to get a sequel would be more than enough to outweigh the Zelda news, in my opinion.

Top Bottom