• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's JP mag news (OUENDAN 2 MAY 17!!!!)

ethelred

mabuza said:
thats the whole ****ing point

No kidding it's the point? I know it's a list of new franchises Japan is looking forward to. I'm saying I think they look great. That's my point (that and "**** off").

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
JDSN said:
The capcom part is only about Umbrella Chronicles, Devil Kings and Re4Wii, right?
Treasure Hunter Z, Rockman ZX Advent, and Stock Trader Shun are listed as well.

jarrod

Banned
The first one's coming out soon.. like June I think?

Anyway, I'd take Lufia, Chaos Seed, Rune Factory or even another Shining dungeon crawl on Wii. Neverland rox.

Firestorm

123328_1.jpg

Is this new?
Is this real?
Is it Japanese?
What does it say about Smash beside Fox?

ivysaur12

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
That's his "gimmick", essentially. He looks unique.

Think, like...Michael Jackson when he first started going crazy.

Oh. And with that analogy, I suddently like that song a lot less.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
RPGamer translated the ASH info:
The game revolves around Queen Aisha and her quest to uncover the secrets of the Archaic Sealed Heat, an ancient sealed flame. Those who come into contact with the flame are turned to ash, but their memories and personality remain intact and they can be revived in an ashen form. Gameplay will be controlled exclusively by the stylus.
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2007/041207d.html

madhtr

Durante said:
Awesome.

So is it a trap or is it really a female main character this time around? Either way, this should be fun :lol
The main character in the original doesn't look female to me..... so iunno what trap you're referring to.

Also: http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/ds/runefactory2/

jj984jj said:
Yeah, that is all old info. The point of our entire story was that the game was 80% complete. We like to fluff the stories for those that may not have read anything about the game prior to the story. Well, sometimes at least.

Durante

madhtr said:
The main character in the original doesn't look female to me..... so iunno what trap you're referring to.
Sorry, bad wording on my part. Lyner indeed looks unmistakably male. I was asking if the main character of the second game is female, or a trap. You can never be sure with those crazy japanese :lol
I guess since it's Banpresto and they have repeatedly shown that they aren't above yuri innuendo in the Summon Night games it's totally possible for her to really be female. As I said, should be fun.

Anyway, I grabbed the character and logo art from the flash:
4108logo.jpg

4555main.jpg

1852rev1.jpg

7473rev2.jpg

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Durante said:
Awesome.

So is it a trap or is it really a female main character this time around? Either way, this should be fun :lol

In Japan there is no such thing as a female lead.

Or that is what I have concluded after playing many JRPG's.

Durante

Hcoregamer00 said:
In Japan there is no such thing as a female lead.
Your avatar contradicts your statement. But talking strictly about JRPGs, there's FF6 (in before discussion) and FF13. And, indeed, the whole Xenosaga trilogy. And both of the Valkyrie games. And most of the Atelier games. Etc.

And, perhaps, Ar Tonelico 2 :D

Hcoregamer00

Durante said:
Your avatar contradicts your statement. But talking strictly about JRPGs, there's FF6 (in before discussion) and FF13. And, indeed, the whole Xenosaga trilogy. And both of the Valkyrie games. And most of the Atelier games. Etc.

And, perhaps, Ar Tonelico 2 :D

It doesn't matter because they are exceptions, not the rule.

For every game you talk about a female lead there are 20 with male leads.

Bebpo

Banned
Durante said:
Sorry, bad wording on my part. Lyner indeed looks unmistakably male. I was asking if the main character of the second game is female, or a trap. You can never be sure with those crazy japanese :lol
I guess since it's Banpresto and they have repeatedly shown that they aren't above yuri innuendo in the Summon Night games it's totally possible for her to really be female. As I said, should be fun.

Anyway, I grabbed the character and logo art from the flash:
4555main.jpg

No breasts = not female.

This is Japan we are talking about.

Durante

Bebpo said:
No breasts = not female.

This is Japan we are talking about.
Yah, that's what I thought. Cue Admiral Ackbar. What put me off was the hairstyle, which seems girly even by japanese standards, but whatever.
Say, do you happen to be the same bebpo that translated the second half of Eureka 7 for Nanashi?

Hcoregamer00 said:
Bingo, a girl fights with nothing but a smile in video games.
Some of the costumes in AT 1 come awfully close.

Link1110

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Its a guy. The two girls has descriptions of breast size and such, the last one doesn't. Has to be a guy.

It's a guy. The text next to him (Supposedly a quote) says "俺は." Ore is a male way of referring to yourself.

Durante

This really bugs me, I'm usually good at identifying animu characters' gender. Really, it was the hairstyle. Gave me that Lain vibe.

Regardless of this whole discussion, I hope NISA decides to localize this so late in the (PS2) game.

Bebpo

Banned
Durante said:
Say, do you happen to be the same bebpo that translated the second half of Eureka 7 for Nanashi?

I'd like to think there's only one bebpo out there. If there is another I'd have to kill him. >.>

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bebpo said:
I used to think that was Error, but lately I've come around with him so I dunno.
wait what?

NEXT GEN SUX, BEBPO SUX, DS FOREVAH, NINTENDO RULESSSS.... err what else?

we are still enemies what are you talking about!? ^^;

Hcoregamer00

Error said:
wait what?

NEXT GEN SUX, BEBPO SUX, DS FOREVAH, NINTENDO RULESSSS.... err what else?

we are still enemies what are you talking about!? ^^;

This is as fun as watching a Korean Soap Opera :lol

Lain

Eyes are also a good hint to gender in those games... Females are drawn with slightly bigger/rounder eyes... or that's what I've noticed.

Top Bottom