• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This year’s Hallmark Christmas Ornaments include a Sega Dreamcast

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
pf1CPdM.jpg

I haven’t opened it yet, but I thought it was unexpected cool and as hell. Some of the Sega fans around here might be interested. I can link game consoles with exactly what was going on with my life at the time, so tons of fond memories with Dreamcast.

The VMU and system power button lights up, and it plays the opening stage track from Sonic Adventure.

There’s also Luigi for anyone collecting the Mariokart ornaments.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Could be a nice little gift I guess. For the adult gamer that wants to straddle that line between staying immature but also acknowledge that adults give boring gifts like Christmas ornaments.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Tell me you didn't even look at the OP without telling me you didn't even look at the OP.

Very cool. The picture on the VMU is a nice touch too. I kinda want one lol.
Hallmark is that TV channel that plays cheap romance movies as far as I'm aware, so what are they doing selling Christmas ornaments, lol

calistan

That's arguably the least Christmassy ornament I've seen. I looked at the Hallmark site and it seems that you can take absolutely any bit of plastic that might normally dangle off a keyring, call it a 'keepsake', and sell it for 1000% markup.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Hallmark is that TV channel that plays cheap romance movies as far as I'm aware, so what are they doing selling Christmas ornaments, lol
apparently you didn't grow up in the 80s or 90s walking through malls which always had a Hallmark store, with a ton of cards and a yearly selection of special Christmas ornaments

That was loooong before they became a TV channel

JohnnyPhats

Lol. You must be very young. Are you serious right now? You realize Hallmark is a greeting card company that has been making them forever. They also have brick and mortar stores. They are known for their Christmas ornaments as well.

El Muerto

They usually have a section dedicated to these at Walmart. I'll definitely need to get the Dreamcast one. I grabbed a Sonic and a Sega Genesis ornament last year.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

They’re a store that sells greeting cards, gifts, and some cool Christmas Ornaments each year.

They also have the sappy channel playing predictable romance movies.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Love it! Seems SEGA's marketing team may be a few years off though for Dreamcast Christmas merch. 25 odd years late lol. But seriously, this is pretty sweet that they just randomly dropped Dreamcast in there.

Top Bottom