• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor 4 to Be Directed by Taika Waititi

Mista

Banned
MCU-Thor-Mjolnir-Chris-Hemsworth-1200x600.jpg

Taika Waititi, who directed the 2017 Marvel film Thor: Ragnarok, will return to the Asgardian god’s franchise for Thor 4.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Waititi has signed a deal that would see him write and direct the fourth film for the Marvel franchise. No other information about the film has been announced, though it is expected that Chris Hemsworth will be returning to play the titular Thor.

Trogdor1123

Great news.

For those who know more about film writting, when they get to write the show do they get to write whatever they want or are they given some extremely clear direction first and then they fill in the blanks?

YukiOnna

I can't wait. Ragnarok's my favourite Phase 3 movie and Thor's my favourite hero, his character development has been the best of the heroes.

YukiOnna

They say Hemsworth is returning and he way very well, yet I'm feeling he's gonna pass the torch.
Nah. He was feeling that prior to Ragnarok, but it completely revitalized his interest in Thor and he doesn't want to give up the role. He's one of the reasons why Thor was *that way* in Endgame iirc.

Atrus

Gold Member
Great news. Ragnarok was a fun film that saved the Thor franchise in my view.

Taika should have gotten Star Wars. Both he and James Wan would have done way better than the idiots currently helming the franchises.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't a fan of the previous movies. The only decent one was copying Guardians formula. Pretty sure no matter how boring this film is the female audience alone would save it.

Nah. He was feeling that prior to Ragnarok, but it completely revitalized his interest in Thor and he doesn't want to give up the role. He's one of the reasons why Thor was *that way* in Endgame iirc.

Didn’t he already in Endgame?
He left that black girl with a white horse in charge and just left with the GotG crew.

I'm imagining it as a full bow out from any kind of classic Thor and giving up the stormbringer to someone who will be something closer to the traditional Thor while Hemsworth maybe goes fulltime Dudeguy as part of New-Guardians after a lineup shake-up or something. Could be Tessa.

I don't really read much behind the scenes stuff so it's just pure speculation based on so many old guard changes going on. I could easily be completely off. :messenger_winking:

sol_bad

Makes me very happy, I guess this means we'll see him in GotG3 and Thor 4. First individual MCU character to get a 4th film. I wonder what his contract extension is like? Just 1 film and he'll be absent from GOTG3? A 2 film contract? Will he be in the next Avengers? I have a feeling his contract was extended way before Endgame.

Thurible

Taika apparently wanted a fat child Thor in Ragnarok lol
Child? Like he changes through magic?

I'm hoping he will be back in shape. If he stays fat, it will make absolutely zero sense for his character arc. He got fat due to depression and he is over that now.
I agree, it makes more sense for him to get stronger after endgame. The experience seemed to put him back to his senses for the most part. However, I still think there would be some trauma there as not everyone was brought back with the 2nd snap (ex. Loki and half of Asgard).

daveonezero

Banned
I'm hoping for an 80s montage where he de-fats.

Tie it to a super 80s song and you are good to go!
Yeah I hope it is a continues story ark for all three movies. Where endgame is the setup and we get a defat and redemption in Guardians and this flick depending on order.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Hemsworth as Thor will be enough, but is the Thor world fantastic? No it's good, Loki has chemistry, Marval is one of the best etc. I actually like where this is going.

Top Bottom