• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ in default with Wells Fargo over $50 million credit facility

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
THQ in default with Wells Fargo over $50 million credit facility
Troubled publisher THQ dropped more potentially bad financial news on Friday, revealing that it was in "certain defaults" on a $50 million credit facility with lender Wells Fargo.

The Agoura Hills based publisher of Darksiders, Saints Row and WWE wrestling games wouldn't clarify the conditions of the credit facility it has defaulted on, but did report "loan availability on the Credit Facility was less than 12.5% of the maximum revolver amount," a technical default of the terms of the loan. THQ tells Polygon that Wells Fargo continues to fund its requests while the two parties discuss the terms of their credit agreement.

In a filing with the SEC, THQ says it was notified by Wells Fargo on Nov. 7 that "one or more events of default have occurred under the terms of the Credit Facility, including the failure to comply with financial covenants" for the most recent quarter.

THQ entered into the $50 million revolving credit facility with Wells Fargo in 2011. The company borrowed $21 million from that credit facility during its third quarter, which ended Sept. 30.
Apologies if this should have gone in one of the other THQ threads.

no no no no no no
ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

bounchfx

surprised it took this long, honestly. I really hope all the great talent they had go somewhere together in one piece.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The bank is hoping THQ can get debt with someone else so Wells Fargo doesn't lose all its money.

So Wells Fargo is giving them money hoping they'll get debt with someone else?

I think I'm still misunderstanding something here.

Eusis

That's like next week, so I'm sure the discs are already printed and packed and ready to ship.
And likely THQ was already paid for the discs.

... Yeah, Darksiders 2 has to be epically successful to be of any use, and that'd be after moving debt around I guess.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So Wells Fargo is giving them money hoping they'll get debt with someone else?

I think I'm still misunderstanding something here.

Sorry, I wasn't quite clear.

Wells Fargo is hoping someone is dumb enough to invest in THQ so THQ can pay off the loan, since otherwise Wells Fargo will lose almost everything they loaned THQ.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Wells Fargo is hoping someone is dumb enough to invest in THQ so THQ can pay off the loan, since otherwise Wells Fargo will lose almost everything they loaned THQ.

No problem, I get it now. Thanks.

ezekial45

Banned
mMTpM.jpg

So if it were up to you guys, which publisher would be best for any of THQ's properties? Saint's Row and Red Faction should go to WB Games, and Darksiders should end up with SE. Those be a great fit for them.

I get the feeling Darksiders 2 Wii U is the last we'll see of them.

That's like next week, so I'm sure the discs are already printed and packed and ready to ship.

Yep, it'll come out. The only question will be if there's a problem, will anyone be around to patch it. Kingdoms of Amalur fans know all about that.

Fox Mulder

That sucks.

Red Faction Guerrilla and Saints Row 3 are two of my favorite games this gen. I never got around to Darksiders, but I hear that was fun too.

Hopefully someone can buy the talented studios before their talent leaves for more sable positions. I'd love for volition to keep going.

LiK

that was a really nice explanation.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

Sounds like a sound investment. Can we kickstart THQ?

Glass Rebel

So if it were up to you guys, which publisher would be best for any of THQ's properties? Saint's Row and Red Faction should go to WB Games, and Darksiders should end up with SE. Those be a great fit for them.

I pretty much agree with this but I also want Relic to go to SE.

Top Bottom