• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tickets for the PlayStation E3 Experience available May 30th 10AM PT.

modsbox

Did anyone here get through? Or was it insta-dead?

Usually when this happens you keep refreshing until the servers come back up and hope for the best, but I don't see how they don't just keep going down if no one could even get through in the first place.

Wow. I don't remember it going down the first year.. guess it's more popular now?

Though I feel like it was on Sony's server that year.

Jhoan

Did anyone here get through? Or was it insta-dead?

Usually when this happens you keep refreshing until the servers come back up and hope for the best, but I don't see how they don't just keep going down if no one could even get through in the first place.
Nope, it was DOA even if you went to gofobo's index website.

Jhoan

Gofobo continues to remain dead several hours later and PS Blog has been silent. The Playstation Twitter is also silent. At this rate, they're going to break their silence tomorrow. I wonder what's going to happen next.

Vinc

Eventgrid went down last year too, but came back much quicker, though it was a real clusterfuck because tickets were all gone and almost nobody got them, because the site went down while people were on the checkout page but never got to actually check out, so their tickets were "reserved". Tickets then started trickling back in but everyone was trying to get them at once, so we had to try over a couple of days to get tickets. It was very frustrating. Not sure what'll happen this time.

Vinc

"Yeah, let's try a brand new ticket system for a free ticket thing for everyone who likes Playstaiton in all of North America, and announce exactly what time they'll be available up front. What's the worst that could happen?"

Well to be fair, eventgrid went down 3 years in a row, so they changed to Gofobo hoping it'd be better, and it turns out it wasn't. Looks like there isn't a perfect solution unless they implement their own solution. Maybe the real solution would be to have tickets go up at the actual theaters this plays at, and maybe even having us pay for them like we would a movie...

Top Bottom