• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TikTok is depressing.

ManaByte

Gold Member
American TikTok = 24/7 brain rot brainwashing to turn you into an idiot zombie wrapped in CCP spyware.

Chinese TikTok = educational videos aimed at making people smarter with daily viewing limits.

DELETE THE APP FROM YOUR PHONE.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Just start liking all the thirst traps. Before you know it it'll just be bouncing boobs. You won't be able to look at it in public but at least all of the purple haired doomers with be off your feed.

JCK75

I made this meme the other day because my girlfriend keeps sending me Tik-Tok videos and she doesn't understand why I don't find them funny... It's always just some idiot woman lip syncing to an actually funny comedy routine.. like yes the comedy routine is hilarious. Why are you not sending me a clip of the comedian who was actually speaking?

ctZ4erE.jpg

Danknugz

i feel that what you see in tiktok is kind of the end result of 20 years of marketing/greed/corporate manipulation and exploitation of rudimentary psychology of the young and uneducated

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I made this meme the other day because my girlfriend keeps sending me Tik-Tok videos and she doesn't understand why I don't find them funny... It's always just some idiot woman lip syncing to an actually funny comedy routine.. like yes the comedy routine is hilarious. Why are you not sending me a clip of the comedian who was actually speaking?

ctZ4erE.jpg
That's actually a thing?! Bloody hell.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
As a grown person who has been through all the transitions of internet based technology stemming from at least 30 years, I can tell you that you only need so many damn ass when it comes to video watching and all of that. I'm guilty like today and I watch YouTube a lot. But as far as other stuff social media wise, I don't see the reason to have a tick tock. Take talk talk take talk tick tock I don't know the voice recognition did that.

Jsisto

In theory, it should be no different than any other platform. However I think it’s unique in that it’s almost exclusively used by gen Z and the youngest millennials. This is the first generation to grow up with the internet and during the massive decline of western cultural standards and of the mainstream media. Before this, there was at least the implication that there were certain institutions we could trust and certain standards of behavior that were expected to be followed. As all that unravels, we’re just inundated with more information than we could ever process, most of it useless and not in our best interest, and TikTok just happens to have been released at what I believe is the peak of this.

JCK75

That's actually a thing?! Bloody hell.

Almost everything I've ever seen on the platform has been either women lip syncing to movie scenes, TV scenes, comedy routines or leftist activists superimposing themselves really badly over videos pointing upward like they could not have just shared the video without inserting themselves onto it.

Top Bottom