• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Scott, Black Republican Senator, Lectures Trump on Racism

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Isn't this the dude that vouched for Jeff sessions? Im having a hard time figuring out why he's lecturing trump on this when he elected to vote in a racist to over see Americas police force known to not treat poc equally. But i digress...

LOL, he vouched for Sessions?

Credibility right into the toilet.

BigDug13

Anytime I hear about Trump not talking, but "listening", I think of this:

homer-simpson-o.gif

Future

Mr. Trump responded by repeatedly saying, “That makes sense,” and concluded the meeting by telling the senator, “Let’s keep talking.”

"Let's keep talking........until the camera crew leaves"

LOL, he vouched for Sessions?

Credibility right into the toilet.
He's a conflicted man. On the one hand, he'll speak openly about his experience being racially profiled by cops, then on the other hand he'll vote for Jeff Sessions.
Seems like hes trying to retain a piece of his soul while performing as a Black American Tea Party candidate.
No excuses for the man. But it is interesting to watch.

Cess007

Mr. Trump responded by repeatedly saying, “That makes sense,” and concluded the meeting by telling the senator, “Let’s keep talking.”

This sounds like he wasn't paying attention at all, and just wanted the meeting to end as fast as it can

lol

Sam Stein (@samstein)
Trump: "since Charlottesville, a lot of people are saying and people have actually written, ‘Gee, Trump may have a point.’"
Sahil Kapur (@sahilkapur)
Trump tells reporters on AF1 he and Tim Scott discussed white supremacists and “we have some pretty bad dudes on the other side as well.

studyguy

Imagine meeting with a minority leader in your own party, having them explain the complexities of the issue and why you were probably in the wrong and in the end landing in the same exact spot only 10 feet deeper in your own talking points.

Jeels

This is way out of the scope of the thread but I think black people are an extremely untapped constituency for the Republican party that the latter squanders by pandering to white populism. Black people consistently poll as very conservative socially. This is why the Republican party was making in-roads with Hispanics and why Michael Steele as RNC chair was trying desperately to expand party outreach. Also, if Colin Powell ran in the general election (maybe with Condoleeza Rice on the ticket), they'd definitely win the black vote.

But Colin Powell wouldn't make it past the primary because, like I said, a sizable portion of the people who actually vote in the Republican primaries are not interested in having a black president.

So the reason you have people like Tim Scott and Michael Steele and Colin Powell and whoever else is because they're conservatives who desperately want the party to move in a more inclusive direction. People like Bush and Mitt Romney tried this for 12 years but it never really worked. I can't predict the future, though.

Yup same with Muslims and a few Asian demographics as well, socially conservative and in some groups even fiscally. Yet they squandered all that by being the party of racists.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Since we're all talking about socks...
Flashy socks are in fashion

mismatching a suit has never been in fashion
the fuck? bright unique flashy socks are totally in right now bruh
that's the style breh
I'm a 41 year old white dude with hardly any fashion sense, but even I know flashy socks with a suit are the way to go.
1) I had no idea, that's for sure.
2) Fashion is arbitrary dumb as fuck and anyone who takes it seriously is dumb.
3) Those sucks are ugly, "fashionable" or not, and are a huge eyesore.
4) Fashion is really fucking dumb

Why are we like this? Why do we still want to sound like that?
Good question. The internet was a mistake?

norm9

1) I had no idea, that's for sure.
2) Fashion is arbitrary dumb as fuck and anyone who takes it seriously is dumb.
3) Those sucks are ugly, "fashionable" or not, and are a huge eyesore.
4) Fashion is really fucking dumb

When you dress good, you feel good. When you're limited by work/professional standards, socks are the absiolute best method of showing a little flair to set yourself apart in a sea of drab dress shirts and slacks. Socks and watches.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Honestly, thats fucking crazy. I am the furthest thing from a clotheshorse that you can imagine and even I know to never do that.

To me, it's mind-boggling that people even noticed the small difference in hue, let alone make a big deal out of it. Now that is fucking crazy.

Tim Scott is a fool and just ended up being used as a photo op like the other black people who decided to meet with trump.

Because literally one day later President
Donald Trump repeated Thursday that he thought there were "bad dudes" among the people who assembled to oppose a white nationalist protest in Virginia, a day after the Senate's lone black Republican spoke with him about blaming "many sides" for the violence and death around a Confederate statue.

Trump met with Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina on Wednesday at the White House, where he explained his comment, and why he said there were "very fine people" among the nationalists and neo-Nazis protesting the possible removal of a Confederate statue in Charlottesville, Virginia, last month.

Scott said he told the president that there was no comparison. "We had three or four centuries of rape, murder and death brought at the hands of the (Ku Klux Klan) and those who believe in a superior race," Scott told reporters later at the Capitol. "I wanted to make sure we were clear on the delineation between who's on which side in the history of the nation."

But the day after the meeting, Trump reiterated that he thought some of the protesters who opposed the white supremacists were "bad dudes" and people were beginning to agree with him.

"You have some pretty bad dudes on the other side also and essentially that's what I said," Trump told reporters on Air Force One Thursday while returning from viewing hurricane damage.

"In fact a lot of people have actually written 'gee, Trump might have a point,'" the president added.

Also I found this
Scott said Trump also brought up Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett, who has accused Las Vegas police of using racially motivated excessive force against him.

Bennett sat on the bench during the national anthem before Sunday's game at Green Bay, one of several NFL players protesting in support of former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who remains unsigned after starting the protests last year to bring attention to police brutality against minorities.

"I believe he found it unsettling and challenging," Scott said.
ridiculous considering his reaction to a white supremacist/Nazi gathering. He's racist and he's been racist for so long he is not going to change no matter what. People just have to accept that The President of the United States is a hardcore racist and will actively look to harm people of color and other minorities at every opportunity.

Top Bottom