• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titan X announced, 12GB framebuffer, 8 billion transistors.

OP updated. hah

I for one am hoping for sub $1k... but I think the price rests firmly on what AMD are putting out.

EDIT: I would like to thank the anonymous mod for editing the title!

Hopefully below 1000$

nxkih3.jpg.gif

LordOfChaos

Alright, someone enlighten those of us who are ignorant as to how good or bad these specs are.

Compared to a 980/970, how many more transistors does this have? How much better does is it quantitatively?

There are no benchmarks (that I saw? Only entered the stream at the end) so no one can answer the second for you, performance does't scale directly with transistors.

980 had 5.2 billion transistors, so this is not like double or anything, but still a buttload more.

LeBart

Got a "display driver has stopped responding but has recovered" as soon as I entered the thread. First time it happens since I got my GTX 970, I think it got scared.

It's interesting to note that 1.5 years after the PS4 launched that what will likely be a $1000 videocard is only 50% more powerful (8GB RAM vs 12GB here). This is why I find it difficult to start PC gaming despite the usually lower game prices.

It's interesting to note that 1.5 years after the PS4 launched that what will likely be a $1000 videocard is only 50% more powerful (8GB RAM vs 12GB here). This is why I find it difficult to start PC gaming despite the usually lower game prices.

This has to be baiting right?

I mean it has to.

tuxfool

Banned

lmfao. Good one.

Conflating memory with computational power (just in case anybody else thinks you're serious)

atr0cious

Would it even be worth attempting to SLI this, when I thought SLI drivers were already sometimes hard to come by depending on the game? I've been waiting for a single card like this for a while, but would take two if it means I could put it to use, especially with the VR wars approaching.

Just to note that video card RAM has nothing to do with power, and the console RAM is the total RAM in the console, not just the video card RAM. Greater RAM in the video card allows for larger, more detailed textures and more effects overlaid on each other, but having double the RAM does not equal double the power.

Nugg

The most difficult part is understanding how it works apparently.

Just to note that video card RAM has nothing to do with power, and the console RAM is the total RAM in the console, not just the video card RAM. Greater RAM in the video card allows for larger, more detailed textures and more effects overlaid on each other, but having double the RAM does not equal double the power.

You took the bait hard.

Redmoon

Just be $1200 or less(preferably less), and I'll get 2(maybe 3) of these.

That 12GB framebuffer will come in handy for down-sampling.

CGwizz

At the UE4 live stream
12 GB framebuffer PS4 am cry
8 Billion Transistors xbone am cry
Price am cry

Top Bottom