• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall: 15 maps at launch (?), perk lists, game modes, Map Photos, ahoy!

I played ME3 multiplayer for like 200 hours and that's a COOP game with like 5 maps (with some environmental hazards) added in. I would prefer more but number of maps aren't a measure of the longevity of a game.

Ooh yeah ME3 coop stuff was well done.
13 maps are good if they can keep the quality up.
Wondering how many more multiplayer modes there are.
Last titan standing is surprisingly good i have too say.
Would love a titan tdm :p

Outpost 207 should be a space one with a low gravity Insta-Gib mode in it.
Low gravity zone wondering how that will play :p

Portugeezer

Good amount of maps if the 13/14 figure is true.

But if it is, then I am wondering why they wouldn't tell us the number of maps when questioned? Maybe some are planned DLC and not in the final version?

For those who haven't played the beta -- The quality of the maps in the beta is really, really good. And, while I'm not sure I love th 6 on 6 locked, you're looking at 14 maps that are designed for 6 on 6, where as in MW1, MW2, and whatever others, you'd get like ~8 - 10 maps that are designed for up to 8 on 8, and then a handful designed for small games, and a couple of others that were more or less niche maps for a specific gameplay type.

If all 14 maps have the quality of the first 2... I'll be really happy with that.

$60 is irrelevant to me. If you think Battlefield and CoD are justifiable at $60 because they contain a horrible ~10 hour single player mode ... then that's your zany prerogative.

If that's all of them then that's kind of borderline. Granted the SP of these games is usually of questionable value, but if there is none, you expect more content elsewhere, especially when the game's £5 extra.

Gaogaogao

Price/Content wise how much should Titanfall retail for?
I can't quantify how much fun is worth but based on the alpha/beta, $60 is fair.

$40

if this logic was true downloadable games would cost way more than they do.

because this game is being pressed onto discs, it seems you can get away with alot.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
and a month after launch there will be dlc for 5 more. and again each month thereafter.

Kade

$40

if this logic was true downloadable games would cost way more than they do.

because this game is being pressed onto discs, it seems you can get away with alot.

Using what objective metric did you come to the conclusion that it should be $40?

GlamFM

Banned
Good amount of maps if the 13/14 figure is true.

But if it is, then I am wondering why they wouldn't tell us the number of maps when questioned? Maybe some are planned DLC and not in the final version?

Good point! I remember a similar thing in MW2 where the names of DLC maps could be found in the main game.

watershed

Banned
In the end everyone will gravitate towards the same 3 maps until more are added. They everyone will play those to see if they are any good and add them to their favorites or discard them with the rest.

Wasp

MW2
18 Campaign missions
23 Spec Ops missions (2 player splitscreen)
16 multiplayer maps (2-4 player splitscreen)

vs

Titanfall
14 multiplayer maps (no splitscreen)

Rizsparky

For those who haven't played the beta -- The quality of the maps in the beta is really, really good. And, while I'm not sure I love th 6 on 6 locked, you're looking at 14 maps that are designed for 6 on 6, where as in MW1, MW2, and whatever others, you'd get like ~8 - 10 maps that are designed for up to 8 on 8, and then a handful designed for small games, and a couple of others that were more or less niche maps for a specific gameplay type.

If all 14 maps have the quality of the first 2... I'll be really happy with that.

$60 is irrelevant to me. If you think Battlefield and CoD are justifiable at $60 because they contain a horrible ~10 hour single player mode ... then that's your zany prerogative.

Regardless of the quality of the SP content, they still offer some kind of extra content that streches the $60 further. Not to mention games like COD can be played at different difficulties and contain some kind of hybrid SP/MP mode like Zombies or Spec Ops.

Portugeezer

Good point! I remember a similar thing in MW2 where the names of DLC maps could be found in the main game.

Yeah, I couldn't remember if it was MW2 or another COD game, but that's what I was thinking.

To me, 13 maps just doesn't go in line with them not telling us the number of maps.

In the end everyone will gravitate towards the same 3 maps until more are added. They everyone will play those to see if they are any good and add them to their favorites or discard them with the rest.

This game uses matchmaking, even on PC I believe.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Using what objective metric did you come to the conclusion that it should be $40?

Well, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is another multiplayer-only shooter coming to XB1 that will retail for $40. Published by EA no less.

The $60 is basically next gen drought tax. I think that's pretty obvious. I wouldn't personally have a problem paying $60 if I was really into online shooters.

JayEH

That seems low, isn't that what CoD usually has? They should have at least 20 or so.

Edit: I know people are saying 13 is a good amount but thats usually a good amount for a game with SP. This has MP only so there really should be more. I really hope they aren't too sleazy with the map packs like Judgement was.

Riky

$MSFT
That's a good amount of maps if they are the same standard as the Beta maps, no problem paying for quality in my book.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Still feel like we've lowered our standards tremendously. Now we're cool with a $60 multiplayer only game shipping with 13 maps.

I don't think it is as simple as that. It could ship with 100 maps, I wouldn't pay 60 for the three game modes in the beta. Have to see the other modes first.

Megasoum

Banned
Now THAT is the information I was looking for. At least give me a crap load of weapons and abilities.

Yeah same for me. The beta is obviously only a sample of the weapons/ability/unlock but I hope the final number is interesting... The beta feels very shallow right now.

GlamFM

Banned
They should remake future versions of COD4 maps.

FUCK YEAH Crash, Strike, District, Backlot and Overgrown.

COD4 had the best maps of any FPS I can remember. I actually hope we get a COD4 HD remake someday. Maybe at some anniversary.

14 maps is a pretty solid number to launch with and if they are all of similar quality to the beta maps, then it'll be a really good bunch of 14 maps.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this must be boneyard
12566256094_5cb2978dd3_o.jpg

airfield
12565904053_2e71e7ab81_o.jpg

lagoon
12566257924_372a193497_o.jpg

anyone want to take a stab at these others?

this apparently, is also boneyard
12566246994_5d574ff544_o.jpg

12566251364_80b1529756_o.jpg

eroots

And gamers will most likely stick to a map or two. Just like counter strike's dust and Italy.

I don't think there will be a choice with sticking with maps... It's on THEIR servers only...gonna be setup how they want with a rotation I'm sure... Hopefully, the overall quality is great.. I enjoyed nearly all cod4/mw2 maps, if they can get close to that level of quality on larger maps..will be awesome..

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
If all maps are built for all game modes, this is a very good amount that I can live with.

So far we have two maps that play *very* differently from one another. If the remaining 11-12 maps are as good as these two I will be a very happy gamer come launch day.

I haven't played too many fps multi-player games lately, but I'm my experience people gravitate to 2-3 of the better maps anyways. 13 Is fine to me.

Spookie

So BF4 launched with 10 maps and CoD4 launched with 14 (or more?!) maps. Both had SP campaigns. But Titanfalls only has 14 maps and is launched at full price?

If I wasn't buying this for the PC and buying this for console I'd feel a bit fucked off with the price to be honest.

RoKKeR

A recent GameInformer article talked a bit about Boneyard.

The new map, Boneyard, is a desert environment set amidst the ruins of an old engineering facility. Huge leviathan-like creatures wander the distant backgrounds, warded away from the battlefield with dog whistle-like apparatuses. Boneyard is the result of a malfunctioned dog whistle, with the tremendous bones of a fallen leviathan setting the surface-side stage for combat. Respawn says players can fight within the huge skeleton and even perch atop it and snipe. Indigenous flying NPC creatures can also swoop down to pester your allies and enemies, creating a livelier match. Down below the surface is the facility itself.

Comments from a Respawn artist:
“Boneyard is a little more friendly to Titans,” says Respawn Entertainment lead artist Joel Emslie. “The scale cues and the stuff you can take cover on is a little more Titan focused. There are areas that you’d want to wall run on as a Titan are more in the bowels of Boneyard. It has some really nice spots where a Pilot can really get the drop on a Titan. These big hallways where the Pilot can hide up in the girders and get down on the Titan. But it also has some really kick-ass spots for the longer shooting game of Titanfall where you can use these marksman weapons. There are these cracks in crevices where you can ambush Titans and jump off a rock down here and get on top of one.”

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/titanfall/b/xboxone/archive/2014/02/12/respawn-reveals-boneyard-map-new-mode-and-burn-card-perks.aspx

Kssio_Aug

14 maps is a good number. Did not play the Beta, but the game looks fun! Like already said, as long as the maps are nice, thats what really matters!

Top Bottom