• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 - Colony Reborn Gameplay Trailer

I'm feeling really done with Overwatch. If they had a sale and the PC community had a bit of a bump in activity I'd be ready to pick this up. No way I'm paying full price.
Been able to play every mode in the game since the last update.
How long are the waits though, and is there a broad range of skill in the population?

amdb00mer

This Titanfall 2 junkie can't wait! Looks great! Really want to see what that grapple execution looks like.

Edit: Guess I need to rewatch the trailer. Seems the grapple execution is in there.

Gator86

TF2 is still amazing, but 2 fucking maps in 6 months post-release is just awful, awful support.

That execution is ridiculously awesome though.

Isn't Live Fire only a Pilot vs. Pilot? Might as well not count those.

Free maps was a huge selling point for this game, but they've been incredibly slow with updates.

I mean, if you're going to exclude everything you don't like, they may not ever accomplish anything in these updates

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
in some beautiful alternate universe Clinton is President and this game is more popular than Overwatch

Gator86

in some beautiful alternate universe Clinton is President and this game is more popular than Overwatch

I'd live there. I tried playing Overwatch a few times recently and bounced off hard. It does nothing for me these days and I loved the shit out of it at launch.

How healthy is the MP on PC?

Just started the game, 10:30am PST connected to salt lake city data center shows 1914 players currently connected, I assume thats just to that DC. It took around 45 seconds from Find Match to joining an Attrition game.

Games themselves tend to be 50/50 for me, 50% being fun and fairly balanced and 50% being total clusterfucks with scores like 250-50 etc.

I find it about the same no matter what day or time I'm playing.

I really enjoyed this game and definitely got my money worth, but these updates are coming out way too slowly.

Honestly, I would have rather just paid 15-20 bucks for real map packs like the first game had. Appreciate the free updates, but the starting maps have gotten stale and the drip feed of 2 remastered maps spread over 5 months isn't really doing it for me.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
God, Titanfall 2's release will forever go down in my memory as the worse decision EA has ever pulled. Game is one of my favorite multiplayer FPS's in a LONG time and stands next to giants like Counter Strike and Battlefield 2 as the greatest multiplayer FPS games I've ever played. Will continue to buy all the DLC they release just because I love this game so much.

I really enjoyed this game and definitely got my money worth, but these updates are coming out way too slowly.

Honestly, I would have rather just paid 15-20 bucks for real map packs like the first game had. Appreciate the free updates, but the starting maps have gotten stale and the drip feed of 2 remastered maps spread over 5 months isn't really doing it for me.

Maybe I'm more inclined to get Respawn the benefit of the doubt, but it looks like the Live Fire concept/maps did take a fair amount of their time to develop. I know that's not what the majority of the people may have wanted, but they did put effort into that. That said, they look like they want to give a broader view of what the next few months are going to look like in April, so I expect they're going to have some bigger news to share then.

clav

They should just import all the maps from TF1 to TF2.

From my brief play of TF2, I was so disappointed at the new map design compared to the original.

calavera_jo

Neo Member
Good to know MP is still alive.

I just finished the game's SP campaign yesterday and it was glorious. If Titanfall 2's improves the first game's (I really liked Titanfall 1), I'll be very happy.

CurbCheck_02.gif

That execution looks great.

deoee

KingV

How many new maps have they released in 5 months? Any of them ACTUALLY NEW or just ported over from the first game?

I think there are only 3 maps that are playable with the main game modes, and 3 more played with some dumb pilots only mode.

They are behind the release schedule for the original.

Donos

Bring back Angel city 24/7 playlist pls :(

Thw new prime skins should fill their pockets good enough so they can speed up the dlc schedule again. At least when they release the Tone one :)

amdb00mer

I think there are only 3 maps that are playable with the main game modes, and 3 more played with some dumb pilots only mode.

They are behind the release schedule for the original.

All of the main game modes use all of the maps from what I have played, even the added Angel City map.

Bring back Angel city 24/7 playlist pls :(

Thw new prime skins should fill their pockets good enough so they can speed up the dlc schedule again. At least when they release the Tone one :)

They're saving the best and worst for last. I'll let you figure out which is which.

While I would definitely like more even more content for Titanfall 2, I have to say that I commend Respawn for the approach they've taken to their microtransactions, which are straight up cosmetic and buy what you want instead of blind box bullshit.

KodaRuss

Looks good. I need to jump back in.

Is this only the third, and fourth Prime Titans now or have they released the others? I have been MIA.

Top Bottom