• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

Man I really hate it when games don't support full screen windowed. Hope they add this for final release.

It's a Source Engine game, so it supports the standard Source command line arguments. In Origin, go to the Game Details for Titanfall, then click "Game Properties" and enter:
-novid -windowed -noborder

(Technically, only the last two arguments are necessary, but -novid disables the EA/Respawn intro videos)

Shadownet

Banned
They still giving them codes out still? I signed up almost immediately site went up, and still haven't gotten a code I'm sad :(

Glad to see its fun though

When did the site went up? I signed up on the 12th or 13th and got my code today at around 1-2pm. I think it's some weird random thing. Maybe by last name?

-PXG-

Finally back.

I was lucky and got in the beta early. I had basically zero excitement for this game. I'm a beliver now. This shit is fun. This is exactly how a future/ sci fi CoD should be.

Bsigg12

I had been preaching leading up to the beta that the game had to be played to understand why it's so good. Videos can't show the excitement of a match, you have to be playing yourself. Respawn definitely has something special here.

I had been preaching leading up to the beta that the game had to be played to understand why it's so good. Videos can't show the excitement of a match, you have to be playing yourself. Respawn definitely has something special here.

Agreed. I wasn't impressed much after a few games but after three + hours it clicked, it's great fun.

RangersFan

anyone else get codes for both pc and x1? or am I just really lucky? a few of my friends got neither and I promised 1 of them I'd give them a code I didn't use. well I just used the x1 code and can't find a server. bout to renege on my promise and use my pc code.

Soi-Fong

Just got done playing 3 matches with Quiche and Hixx. The game is amazingly fun, but I think a lot of people here in GAF and especially MS is overrating this game way too high.

The movement, titans and shooting are superb, but like I said I think people are overrating this game as like the second coming of shooters or something.

Just got done playing 3 matches with Quiche and Hixx. The game is amazingly fun, but I think a lot of people here in GAF and especially MS is overrating this game way too high.

The movement, titans and shooting are superb, but like I said I think people are overrating this game as like the second coming of shooters or something.

I feel the same. The game is a lot of fun, but really doesn't do anything incredibly huge like what Halo:CE/CoD4 did.

Don't expect Quake like movement in any game that support consoles. That level of twitch just isn't suited for dual sticks.

Yeah i figured. Originally when i read about this game i got some quake wibes from the idea of speed. Then I figured it will not be because of consoles (or it would be but with HEAVY autoaim/aimassist on them). Now I read some impression (in this thread) that it feels like quake3. Well it seems not.

Apart from BF:BC2, my type of mp games have not been too popular this past gen (MAG and starhawk/warhawk)

I don't think, even in the media like Sessler and Totillo, seen people praising it that much.

Just that it's an incredibly fun multiplayer shooter that has mechs. Don't think anyone is going on about it being a revolution or anything like that

theRizzle

anyone else get codes for both pc and x1? or am I just really lucky? a few of my friends got neither and I promised 1 of them I'd give them a code I didn't use. well I just used the x1 code and can't find a server. bout to renege on my promise and use my pc code.

I got both.

Microsoft's Azure servers are down ATM. And since the PC version also uses the MS servers, both versions are down.

Hey Soi Fong what's your Origin name I was prolly playing with you dude.

Guys how does a titan forms a shield to catch bullets then throw them ?

It's one of the abilities that a Titan can equip in its loadout. It's called the Vortex Shield so just look for that on the Titan loadouts. You use it by holding LB and then letting go when you want to throw the bullets. That's for XB1 anyway, I have no clue what it is for PC. There should be a little meter on the bottom of your HUD that tells you though.

Most of those kills are bots. Anyone can chainkick dozens of them without getting shot. It is instant kill though.

Seriously? How does that make it any better? lol. That is still horrible AI work. And pretty funny a soldier out there supposed to be fighting titans can even be phased by someones boot.

Lets build these massive war machines and then forget to make a defense against a rubber boot! Yeah that sounds awesome!

Fezan

It's one of the abilities that a Titan can equip in its loadout. It's called the Vortex Shield so just look for that on the Titan loadouts. You use it by holding LB and then letting go when you want to throw the bullets. That's for XB1 anyway, I have no clue what it is for PC. There should be a little meter on the bottom of your HUD that tells you though.

Q is the Vortex Shield on PC.

Thanks will try out if servers go online

Atone13

I don't get how servers being down across two versions is a "bug", but hey.

Wait we shall.

Both platforms are running on the new MS server system they have set up, azure I think its called or something like that. Anyway, from the limited knowledge I have of them there supposed to be kind of dynamic, adding/removing servers on fly based on the population of players at any given time. The bug they ran into stopped allowing new servers to be created, but people already on servers and playing are still able keep playing.

Top Bottom