• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall movie starring Jennifer Lopez

Spyxos

Atlas Shepherd (Jennifer Lopez), a brilliant but misanthropic data analyst with a deep distrust of artificial intelligence, joins a mission to capture a renegade robot with whom she shares a mysterious past. But when plans go awry, her only hope of saving the future of humanity from AI is to trust it. Atlas is only on Netflix, May 24.

Jennifer Lopez's new Netflix sci-fi movie Atlas was loosely inspired by Titanfall.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Mech will need to accommodate for booty.

ben affleck GIF

jason10mm

Gold Member
Wait, is this ACTUALLY a titanfall movie or just "incredibly similar design aesthetic"? My kid LOVED playing Titanfall2 with me so he will be down for this, something about an AI you can pop out like a battery really resonated with him.

This looks like hot trash, to be honest. JLo is HORRIBLY miscast. But the combat looks decentish but I expect it will have little weight. But hey, "barely good enough" is Netflix's motto, right?

And she's TOTALLY gonna fuck that robot....right?

Spyxos

Wait, is this ACTUALLY a titanfall movie or just "incredibly similar design aesthetic"? My kid LOVED playing Titanfall2 with me so he will be down for this, something about an AI you can pop out like a battery really resonated with him.

This looks like hot trash, to be honest. JLo is HORRIBLY miscast. But the combat looks decentish but I expect it will have little weight. But hey, "barely good enough" is Netflix's motto, right?

And she's TOTALLY gonna fuck that robot....right?
Jennifer Lopez's new Netflix sci-fi movie Atlas was loosely inspired by Titanfall.

FunkMiller

Certainly feels like an AI generated script from that trailer. Taking things from multiple different movies/games and shovelling it into an acceptably bland package.

LordCBH

What a waste of the ip…..

Edit: ok so not Titanfall, but “we have Titanfall at home.”

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Atlas Shepherd (Jennifer Lopez), a brilliant but misanthropic data analyst with a deep distrust of artificial intelligence, joins a mission to capture a renegade robot with whom she shares a mysterious past. But when plans go awry, her only hope of saving the future of humanity from AI is to trust it. Atlas is only on Netflix, May 24.

"Jennifer Lopez" cast as a "brilliant" analyst... even in the sci-fi genre, I can only suspend my disbelief so far.

Last edited:

Fbh

From the writer whose most famous work is some 5.1 Imdb rated Roku original TV show that Disney wanted to cancel before even airing even though they had already completed it.
And the director of a bunch of terrible Dwayne Johnson movies.

I'm sure it's going to be amazing lol

Certainly feels like an AI generated script from that trailer. Taking things from multiple different movies/games and shovelling it into an acceptably bland package.

At this point even AI could probably come up with better scripts than the average Netflix movie

"loosely inspired by titanfall" aka "we don't have to pay EA any royalties"

wasn't jlo or her ghost songwriters well known plagiarizers?

Sonik

Netflix single-handedly has made me hate scifi, I used to be a huge fan of the genre and now I just expect disappointment. I'm 99% sure this will be generic shit, the fact that some Hollywood moron thought Jennifer Lopez is a good pick for a scifi protagonist tells me that that their other choices for the movie are going to be utterly retarded too

Top Bottom