• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Izuna

Banned
http://imgur.com/a/qdMmS

Come on Respawn. This is stupid.

At least I got D5.

Damn I forgot to take a pic of the ending. That match I managed to get 130-3, it was a close game, providing 2 teammates had 6-12 or whatever. So stupid... I want to play the game they are playing.

Izuna

Banned
dsSlqsx.jpg

SNORE

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Are achievements glitched on the 'bone version?

I earned all the trophies for the IMC campaign but no achievement for winning every level.

I have also acquired All the Hardware but that achievement did not pop. Is it true that since the update, it's now required that I purchase all of the voice packs for it to count?

That would displease me, as I am only Level 1 and would most likely have to regen to acquire enough credits to buy all the packs at some distant future date.

Lovely game. I've triple-dipped on the X1 game. It would just be nice to get these cheevos.

I know back in the day the achievements were very delayed. Sometimes as much as up to 3 days for me.

With the campaign it could depend on when you joined a winning match? If you joined before the epilogue it should count as a win on that map. As to all the Hardware? Not sure. I got that achievement long before the updates happened.

You just need to ensure you have unlocked EVERYTHING for all weaons including sidearms, titan weapons, normal weapons etc etc. EVERYTHING. As far as I was aware the voice packs had nothing to do with it.

http://imgur.com/a/qdMmS

Come on Respawn. This is stupid.

At least I got D5.

Damn I forgot to take a pic of the ending. That match I managed to get 130-3, it was a close game, providing 2 teammates had 6-12 or whatever. So stupid... I want to play the game they are playing.

Basically your deaths is the most important metric in attrition. Whenever a player dies, he isn't earning points and the opposing team gets a bonus for the kill itself.

I've had so many games where I am dominating individually, I get my titan first, but my team has 1-2 players who has already died 5 times or like 10 times collectively and the entire enemy team calls down titans and it just snowballs from there.

It also doesn't help that you have a player who scored only 9 points and still managed to die 5 times giving up more points than he earned. A literal dead weight. Pretty much your whole team was dead weight if you do the math lol.

Izuna

Banned
Basically your deaths is the most important metric in attrition. Whenever a player dies, he isn't earning points and the opposing team gets a bonus for the kill itself.

I've had so many games where I am dominating individually, I get my titan first, but my team has 1-2 players who has already died 5 times or like 10 times collectively and the entire enemy team calls down titans and it just snowballs from there.

It also doesn't help that you have a player who scored only 9 points and still managed to die 5 times giving up more points than he earned. A literal dead weight. Pretty much your whole team was dead weight if you do the math lol.

I just don't like the aggressive matchmaking. If I randomly got the weaker team, then fine, but everytime I try to play it is like this. Only the first match or if I play in a party is ever different. It's not fun at all.

I just don't like the aggressive matchmaking. If I randomly got the weaker team, then fine, but everytime I try to play it is like this. Only the first match or if I play in a party is ever different. It's not fun at all.

Yeah, I can understand that.

I'll just be happy if my team doesn't have unfilled player slots for minutes at a time. Especially in lesser played playlists like hardpoint... sometimes it is intollerable and I am forced to play attrition or just quit out.

And other times there are people but there could be a group of 3-4 decent players grouped up and I always get the gen 1 guys who clearly just got the game. It isn't their fault or anything, but that is a pretty abusable system imo when the population just isn't big enough with skilled players.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
BTW, anyone know they only let you use one scope on the CAR but the amped version uses a scope you can't attach normally?

Always found this both weird and annoying.

Weird because...well, why? Annoying because that is EASILY the superior scope for that gun. It's actualyl the best scope full stop I've found. I've attached it to every gun that allows it.

Imagine how i feel playing CTF. It's crazy the teams they stack me with after a match. I so much as scratch my nose and the match falls apart.

Always found this both weird and annoying.

Weird because...well, why? Annoying because that is EASILY the superior scope for that gun. It's actualyl the best scope full stop I've found. I've attached it to every gun that allows it.

The CAR should have the holo sight, more people would use it and yet it has nothing. It is a bit peculiar since the Carbine is by far the most used gun it should have the least amount of scopes but it has the most. It shouldn't have deep zoom scopes, which it has, and that makes it kind of ridiculous. It should have stock iron site and Hcog and that's it. I've always said it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So I picked up Titanfall during the sale, and holy shit.

This gameplay is so damn fluid and fun, and matchmaking is near instant. There's so few people, and yet the matches are created so damn fast.

How did this game die?

So I picked up Titanfall during the sale, and holy shit.

This gameplay is so damn fluid and fun, and matchmaking is near instant. There's so few people, and yet the matches are created so damn fast.

How did this game die?

It didn't really die though? There's a few thousand players on every night after 8 months on the market. That's not dead for a new franchise up against a ton of releases.

Granadier

It didn't really die though? There's a few thousand players on every night. That's not dead.

I guess it depends on how you define dead.

I meant it out of curiosity, not as an insult. The matchmaking and dedis are so spot on that it doesn't seem to matter how many players are still playing.
Also, the Titan AI is surprisingly good. They seem to hold there own if you're off doing your pilot thing outside.

It never did, but people like to complain. If you aren't a fan of attrition, you're gonna have a bad time though, as the other queues are quite long/nonexistent

I never have a problem finding a game of CTF within seconds. Ever. Even if i'm randomly on at 3am eastern time i get in a match within a minute.

With this recent sale the population has had a decent influx of new players. Hopefully it stays nicely populated because i don't see myself playing anything else until Halo 5.

inthrall

I never have a problem finding a game of CTF within seconds. Ever. Even if i'm randomly on at 3am eastern time i get in a match within a minute.

Ah, that must be a US thing then, its pretty barren outside attrition on oceanic. Probably the sales keeping it at $20 here... Sales are good for getting in people though, love the influxes of players whenever it happens

Granadier

I think Respawn used some voodoo magic within their matchmaking code for this game.

Izuna

Banned
I think Respawn used some voodoo magic within their matchmaking code for this game.

It didn't ship like this.

Before teams never got mixed up, and it would take minutes of searching. You would find a group and either always win because people only stayed in winning teams, or you would be on a big losing streak.

Then update one came and that was horrible. Took several minutes between each game as you never got partied up after a match.

They did a lot of work. Sadly though for the better portion of players it's vastly unfair.

Granadier

It didn't ship like this.

Before teams never got mixed up, and it would take minutes of searching. You would find a group and either always win because people only stayed in winning teams, or you would be on a big losing streak.

Then update one came and that was horrible. Took several minutes between each game as you never got partied up after a match.

They did a lot of work. Sadly though for the better portion of players it's vastly unfair.

Bummer to hear, but it seems like they've done a lot of work to get it working well now.

I've only been able to play ~15 matches, but so far it seems great.

HelloMeow

This is the #1 reason I don't want to play this game anymore. It doesn't matter how well you're doing, if the game consistently puts the worst players in the lobby on your team.

For me, teams often looked like this. Where darker is better:
h53Q4wb.png

I get what they're trying to do, but like you said, it's too aggressive. It doesn't make sense from a balancing perspective. Most of the bad players are teamed up with the best player, which makes it super unfair for them. Now they have to play against a team where most players are better than them.
The other team now has a much easier time making points. It doesn't matter how well the best player is playing. He doesn't necessarily even notice until he takes a look at the score.

Instead of trying to balance the teams based on the relatively rare good players, the game should try to balance based on the bad players.
QDLqwoX.png

This is the #1 reason I don't want to play this game anymore. It doesn't matter how well you're doing, if the game consistently puts the worst players in the lobby on your team.

For me, teams often looked like this. Where darker is better:
h53Q4wb.png

I get what they're trying to do, but like you said, it's too aggressive. It doesn't make sense from a balancing perspective. Most of the bad players are teamed up with the best player, which makes it super unfair for them. Now they have to play against a team where most players are better than them.
The other team now has a much easier time making points. It doesn't matter how well the best player is playing. He doesn't necessarily even notice until he takes a look at the score.

Instead of trying to balance the teams based on the relatively rare good players, the game should try to balance based on the bad players.
QDLqwoX.png

It'd be nice if someone from Respawn could comment on this because this is definitely what i've noticed.

m23

I bought the Deluxe Edition but don't have the DLC packs, I thought they were included?

You have to download the season pass and then each dlc separately I believe. I think they should queue up automatically though once you buy the deluxe edition.

LtOrange

I get my XB1 on Friday and I can't wait to try this out again. I played on PC around launch, but really didn't enjoy playing with a m/kb. Hopefully I don't get destroyed.

Izuna

Banned
It'd be nice if someone from Respawn could comment on this because this is definitely what i've noticed.

I think the problem is they are trying to get games that are close. It's difficult to do in Titanfall especially in games of Attrition because the general "correct" strategy isn't taught to players in game. So if I average about anything, always, from 100-130, sometimes 150, it tries to average out the kinds of scores we get, I guess. But then one person leaves, and the other team gets easier Pilots to kill, it doesn't make any sense.

When I saw HelloMeow's pictures that is EXACTLY how I feel every time I play Titanfall. It's not just putting me against parties because I can see how the team splits up as I keep playing. Sometimes that one diamond player ends up on my team once because we end up losing by 100, because the skill gap in the team is so bad, then when I win as MvP in the next game it puts him back on the other team and fills up his spot with a newer player.

It's like the better I do in game 1, the less likely I can win in game 2.

Just had an awesome round of LTS to win the game for my team. Was outnumbered 5 vs 1 and eventually doomed 4 of them. I am about to doom the last but he dooms me so I fire a cluster into the ground and punch him to doom him as he closes in and initiates the melee kill. I figure I'd come up just short of the win, but my cluster ends up destroying him right before he rips me out of my Titan and we win 4-0.

I have over 200 hours in the game yet daily I am still experiencing awesome moments like that. I'm glad to see a lot of people are buying the game on sale, hope it helps keep the community going. I have certainly noticed in the LTS playlist.

Titanfall's performance on X1 has been significantly improved since the last time I played it. I haven't noticed any screen-tearing, and it only really drops frames when a few Titans are fraking each other up, and even then it doesn't dip as low as it did.

I'm having fun with it, glad I picked it up again.

I asked this in the new meet-up thread on the gaming side but didn't get an answer. What's the best way too meet up with friends in this game? Is it only private lobbies or is there a way to join people in public lobbies that I haven't pick up on yet?
^Not entirely sure what you mean. Just join on your friend when there's room on his team, or have him back out and join on him then. You're joinable in game and in the screen after you connect but before you select a playlist, and of course, joining a party makes the process a little easier.
I guess that's why I haven't gotten any answers. I've been trying to join people and accept invites but It's never successful. I guess that I've just been unlucky and the lobbies are always full. Thanks for the info though.

I think the problem is they are trying to get games that are close. It's difficult to do in Titanfall especially in games of Attrition because the general "correct" strategy isn't taught to players in game.

I'm gonna have to say it's probably harder to reach D5 on CTF than Attrition. At least when you go in solo.

I'll give attrition some time today since i'm already at D5-5.

funny clip from way earlier today

These dudes were desperate
http://gameclipscontent-d3002.xboxlive.com/asset-e04d1b83-80d7-4e7f-84e1-948e635e3a21/GameClip-Original.MP4?sv=2012-02-12&st=2014-12-03T15%3A58%3A13Z&se=2014-12-03T17%3A03%3A13Z&sr=c&sp=r&sig=q1GwkVSJ3VJFbQewys%2Bl6AQvNt4nN%2FR7bCZPK66eb5k%3D&__gda__=1417626193_eecc6d4b40f61584899d20fe5bbf7244

Gandie

Got it during the XBL sale and I'm really enjoying it.Seems so fluid and smooth. Rank 22 after two nights of playing.
Campaign is bad, I stopped playing after I unlocked the other Titan models. Still an awesome game to pop in for a few hours. Hopefully people keep playing it. Some playlists are dead already.

Izuna

Banned
I'm gonna have to say it's probably harder to reach D5 on CTF than Attrition. At least when you go in solo.

I'll give attrition some time today since i'm already at D5-5.

funny clip from way earlier today

These dudes were desperate
http://gameclipscontent-d3002.xboxlive.com/asset-e04d1b83-80d7-4e7f-84e1-948e635e3a21/GameClip-Original.MP4?sv=2012-02-12&st=2014-12-03T15%3A58%3A13Z&se=2014-12-03T17%3A03%3A13Z&sr=c&sp=r&sig=q1GwkVSJ3VJFbQewys%2Bl6AQvNt4nN%2FR7bCZPK66eb5k%3D&__gda__=1417626193_eecc6d4b40f61584899d20fe5bbf7244

I think CTF, HP and LTS are far more consistent for getting battlemarks. Attrition I actually have to be better than the whole server to get one from D4 onwards.

I think CTF, HP and LTS are far more consistent for getting battlemarks. Attrition I actually have to be better than the whole server to get one from D4 onwards.

I'll check it out and see. But just by the nature of Attrition it seems to me that it should be a lot harder to rank up. You can't be given a D5 because you effectively kill tons of bots.

I am finding it annoying to rank up in any mode. Most of the players are new and the score I need to get to comfortably rank up is not even that achieveable. I've gotten crazy scores several times in a row to only fill up like 90% of a battlemark. And then I fill up 90% of a battlemark. And then I'll have one game where I do really well but die maybe 2 times more than the others, and I lose a battlemark. So 2 matches in a row I do well and get nothing. 1 slightly worse and I lose a mark. Very aggitating for a rank system that provides nothing for ranking up in the first place.

I'm talking 3k+ scores on hard point after death deductions. 120+ points on attrition. And what is worse is that I probably would have ranked up if my team managed to win due to the score bonus. But carrying a team when they die 5+ times in like the first 2 minutes is impossible due to titanfall snowballing the game mid match.

edit:
Oh, and then I'll actually have some matches where I do about as good as the others, maybe slightly better, and then I gain like 3-4 battlemarks. It can be baffling and only explanation I can think of is my opponents I played were just higher rated that match than in others.

Izuna

Banned
I'll check it out and see. But just by the nature of Attrition it seems to me that it should be a lot harder to rank up. You can't be given a D5 because you effectively kill tons of bots.

I say it is about 50% minion farming, 50% not dying. It's not clear cut because it's based on how good people are in the server, but you need to either have no deaths or a much higher set of points than the rest of the server if you die 3 or more times. Getting 130+ in Attrition isn't hard for me, but HP and CTF you can rank up playing defence, which is by far the easiest thing to do in the game.

LTS is just damage and I think Pilot kills now so a couple of goosers and you are guaranteed a mark.

I had to switch to CTF before the patch to get to D5, now I can do it in Attrition and get marks 95% of the time.

I say it is about 50% minion farming, 50% not dying. It's not clear cut because it's based on how good people are in the server, but you need to either have no deaths or a much higher set of points than the rest of the server if you die 3 or more times. Getting 130+ in Attrition isn't hard for me, but HP and CTF you can rank up playing defence, which is by far the easiest thing to do in the game.

LTS is just damage and I think Pilot kills now so a couple of goosers and you are guaranteed a mark.

I had to switch to CTF before the patch to get to D5, now I can do it in Attrition and get marks 95% of the time.

Camping CTF is so easy... just get in a titan, clear line of sight around flag... snipe everyone with chain gun... lol.

The annoying thing is relying on your team to actually score.

It is pretty fun at least. Wracking up 30 kills in a half without effort has to get boring though.

Hmm... i dunno you could play defense all day long and not get a battle mark to reach D5 in CTF if your team doesn't cap a flag, which more often then not they don't lol

I will try attrition today

Izuna

Banned
Hmm... i dunno you could play defense all day long and not get a battle mark to reach D5 in CTF if your team doesn't cap a flag, which more often then not they don't lol

I will try attrition today

Your team capping flags doesn't do anything to your marks. CTF has the most things that give you points. Flag returns, flag captures, killing pilots, killing flag carrier etc.

Before they made it easier I went from D4 to D5 just but rushing to cap a single flag then staying back. Even if we lost I was already on my way to get a battle mark half way through or something.

Your team capping flags doesn't do anything to your marks. CTF has the most things that give you points. Flag returns, flag captures, killing pilots, killing flag carrier etc.

Before they made it easier I went from D4 to D5 just but rushing to cap a single flag then staying back. Even if we lost I was already on my way to get a battle mark half way through or something.

Attrition sucks. I don't even understand how people play it. I tried playing a game or two... terrible, it's just a terrible game mode. Everyone kinda waits around, no real parkouring.... people are too obsessed with deathmatch type games to realize Titanfall plays best with objectives.

On another note nuclear ejection is obnoxious. It shouldn't be a stock option on your titan abilities. It should be burn card only.

Izuna

Banned
Attrition sucks. I don't even understand how people play it. I tried playing a game or two... terrible, it's just a terrible game mode. Everyone kinda waits around, no real parkouring.... people are too obsessed with deathmatch type games to realize Titanfall plays best with objectives.

On another note nuclear ejection is obnoxious. It shouldn't be a stock option on your titan abilities. It should be burn card only.

Wha?

Don't get me wrong, I understand if you don't like Attrition, but it is pretty much played like an objective. Minion spawn points decide where the battles should take place. If you play against a strong team it's less farming and feels more like map control/speed run mixed in with TDM.

If the players won't use parkour, that's their thing, but I find the best players on Attrition. Pilot Hunter is probably the most balanced in scores but horrible as people just wait and use Titans as extra lives haha.

CTF is so damn easy to win in random games online because barely anyone plays them properly. Only when I play in a large group, and usually that means we go 6-0, should I have any other strategy than "derp I want the flag". Since Titans can't pick up flags anymore you can't carry a team too much, but CTF is the easiest game mode. I think it's a great game mode, but you either have both teams with Titans on the other side rigging everything with Arc Mines or everyone is just YOLOing all the time.

Hardpoint, you really only need two coordinated players. Probably the game type I have lost the least, team or solo. Hardpoint has bad maps and good maps. Maps where two points can effectively be controlled by Titans are the worst.

As for Nuclear, I don't understand. Even with the buff it is really easy to escape. It only has two real uses.

Trapping rodeo pilots or other Titans by luring them in tight spaces, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWZ_6XfE42U
Or using it to take out a bunch of minions or Auto Titans so your next Titan can spawn much faster.

Here is a recent nice vid of Attrition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GACaYPLqfiQ

Wha?

As for Nuclear, I don't understand. Even with the buff it is really easy to escape. It only has two real uses.

Trapping rodeo pilots or other Titans by luring them in tight spaces, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWZ_6XfE42U
Or using it to take out a bunch of minions or Auto Titans so your next Titan can spawn much faster.

Here is a recent nice vid of Attrition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GACaYPLqfiQ

Nuclear is annoying when it's smaller maps and everyone is blowing up around you. Shit's ridiculous. It is easy to get away from 1 titan doing it on a 1v1.

And that video...more than half way into the match you had only 7 pilot kills, in a deathmatch mode no less. That's not my idea of a good game mode when majority of the time you're killing bots. At least in CTF you are directly challenging pilots by going at them or them coming at you. There's way more direct eye to eye gun play in CTF, fuck tons more than in attrition. That's where the fun is.

Izuna

Banned
Nuclear is annoying when it's smaller maps and everyone is blowing up around you. Shit's ridiculous. It is easy to get away from 1 titan doing it on a 1v1.

And that video...more than half way into the match you had only 7 pilot kills, in a deathmatch mode no less. That's not my idea of a good game mode when majority of the time you're killing bots. At least in CTF you are directly challenging pilots by going at them or them coming at you. There's way more direct eye to eye gun play in CTF, fuck tons more than in attrition. That's where the fun is.

I don't understand, by your criteria Pilot Hunter is the best mode. Attrition is nice because it isn't "derp gun blazing" -- there is time for positioning etc. Seriously in CTF there are only fighting for rushing to pick up the flag, and returning the flag. Anything else is either pointless to engage in or you will get hit from behind.

Attrition doesn't just reward points for Pilot kills, but also Titan kills. This is why Attrition is great, because the majority of points come from Pilot kills and Titan kills.

As for Nuclear, I don't understand. You can manually eject when you are trapped otherwise just make sure you don't dash until the Titan is killed. I don't know of situations where a bunch of people are exploding because I guess if that happened you took out two Titans for one at the same time? I can't think of a small map where you are constraint, just areas of maps where people can trap you in.

Attrition has more direct fighting than any other mode than Hardpoint. Much more than CTF. Most kills in CTF aren't head to head, but when you are positioned to take someone out trying to get a flag or something. It's very easy to just stay in a corner and get 25 kills or something.

The reason why saying I only got 7 Pilot kills is moot, is because me getting minion kills is the only reason for them to ever try and take out my Titan, otherwise they would just hide and wait for theirs. Because of the inclusion of Titans, minion kills are an important part of Titanfall. It is definitely on Xbone servers more challenging to play Attrition than CTF or Hardpoint. In Attrition, taking out Titans is the objective, and you are actually earning points for it as well as lowering your build time etc.

Attrition is the best kind of TDM. The inclusion of Pilot Hunter and 8v8 proved that. 8v8 specifically is fucking horrible and I don't know why they brought it back. TDM should never be about how good someone's aim is or how lucky their spawn was.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So i have forwarded ports and all that jazz, why can i not connect to servers on X1?

Which country you in?
Who is your ISP?
Have you tried using your modem in Bridge mode into another router?

I'm in Australia and had the notorious connection issues through Optus down here and NOTHING was working. But it turned out ISP just couldn't conenct to Titanfall. I tethered my phone and it worked, but back to modem and nothing.

So after literally weeks and weeks of trying stuff, making calls to my ISP, flooding their forums and facebook with complaints, a mate suggested Bridge mode for my modem. So I did. I went out and got another modem/router, plugged my cable modem into it and switched it to Bridge mode, BAM!!!! Never had a problem since.

I don't understand, by your criteria Pilot Hunter is the best mode. Attrition is nice because it isn't "derp gun blazing" -- there is time for positioning etc. Seriously in CTF there are only fighting for rushing to pick up the flag, and returning the flag. Anything else is either pointless to engage in or you will get hit from behind.

Attrition doesn't just reward points for Pilot kills, but also Titan kills. This is why Attrition is great, because the majority of points come from Pilot kills and Titan kills.

Attrition has more direct fighting than any other mode than Hardpoint. Much more than CTF. Most kills in CTF aren't head to head, but when you are positioned to take someone out trying to get a flag or something. It's very easy to just stay in a corner and get 25 kills or something.

The reason why saying I only got 7 Pilot kills is moot, is because me getting minion kills is the only reason for them to ever try and take out my Titan, otherwise they would just hide and wait for theirs. Because of the inclusion of Titans, minion kills are an important part of Titanfall. It is definitely on Xbone servers more challenging to play Attrition than CTF or Hardpoint. In Attrition, taking out Titans is the objective, and you are actually earning points for it as well as lowering your build time etc.

Attrition is the best kind of TDM. The inclusion of Pilot Hunter and 8v8 proved that. 8v8 specifically is fucking horrible and I don't know why they brought it back. TDM should never be about how good someone's aim is or how lucky their spawn was.

This is such a fucked opinion i don't even know where to begin really. But lets try-

CTF is the only mode that utilizes all the aspects of the game. Everything matters, everything is vital, all your skills and all the attributes. Parkouring matters, pilot kills matter, minion kills mater, gun skill, titan skill, awareness, map control, burn cards, teamwork, all of it. That's not the case in Attrition.

I'm not saying certain things there don't apply to Attrition as well but a lot of it is much less utilized or of more importance. Parkouring for example in attrition (xbox version, i know how the game is played on PC and it's all crazy parkouring, all the time) is less effective. You don't need to parkour well to succeed in attrition. Majority of kills are coming from your Titan, or you waiting for someone to shoot first and expose them on the map, or seeing them first by them parkouring all over while you sit and wait. This happened in Pilot hunter as well. No one wanted to be exposed. CTF you have to parkour, sure you can defend all day but you won't be a very good CTF player overall. You have to parkour to get across the map offensively, and defensively to get back.

Gun skills matter far more in CTF. Sure, you can sit in a corner and pick people off as they run aimlessly to the flag but you can do this in Attrition as well. I don't know why you keep bringing this up. Pilot skirmish was the same here to. Stay in a certain spot in the map, a centralized point and pick people off as they spawn and attempt to get into position (pilot skirmish) or sit and wait for someone to shoot a minion or farm minions yourself until you get your titan (attrition). The fuck? At least in CTF if you sit in your cozy little defensive area you'll get crushed by any decent player or group of players that know that your'e there or that pick up on what you do. People hide all the damn time in flag grab areas, doesn't stop me from coming in and taking them out. And there's where gun skills actually matter.

In CTF you're going to be facing someone face to face a lot of times, hence vs a defensive foe that is waiting for you to grab the flag. Stim, strafe, and take him out. When do you do this in attrition? Only when you HAPPEN to run face to face into someone. You're running face to face at someone in CTF all the damn time. Gun skills matter. The beginning few min of a CTF round alone has more face to face pilot encounters between teams then all of an attrition match lol (the only other match with more is Pilot skirmish). That's a majority of the fighting in CTF so this "other" engagement you bring up that is pointless is only happening between stupid players that aren't aware of what the fuck to do or what is going on.

Though tracking down a Titan to engage is not pointless because Titans need to be taken out in CTF for obvious reasons. Pointless is chasing some idiot outside the combat zone for a kill for no reason at all. But again who does that besides bad players?

Attrition is a shitty game mode. It turned a lot of people off from Titanfall because (for some poor reason) it was advertised as the first mode in the game that people should play and it is by far one of the least well rounded in terms of TF skills.

Top Bottom