• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan - 11 minutes of gameplay

Wow people have completely done a complete 180 on this game. I'm still holding out hope this game is going to be good.

To me it doesnt look nearly as satisfying as transformers, like from the moment I saw that trailer detailing all of the characters I knew Transformers was going to be amazing, and I was right. This just doesnt give me that same feel, but I'm still going to pick it up I just have much lower expectations.

Ristifer

Looks okay to me. Nothing spectacular, no. I understand a lot of the lowered expectations, but I still think it could be a fun one to play.

It's odd how these preview videos are encoded at 60FPS, yet the game seems to be running at 30. It could be a coincidence, but that would be pretty crazy. Hopefully the PC version is unlocked at least.

Danneee

I don't know. Pretty much the only thing keeping me slightly interested in this is that it's a Platinum game. And to some degree the Turtles IP, even though the actual design of the Turtles themselves is pugly.
It looks like a perfect example of an ok game, not even aiming to be a great one.

dlauv

People were saying similar things about Transformers prior to release, albeit that game had a more exciting moveset.

When did we even know Transformers was being done by Saito?

Subaru

The map is too big and empty, is just like Transformers =/
I love Platinum with more focused maps (like Bayo and Wonderful 101).

Bebop battle seems fun.

Jobbs

Banned
I like the design of the turltes themselves, but the overall aesthetic of the game, particularly as it pertains to color palette and environment art, is kind of poor IMO. :( Overall game looks a bit dull, but I'll wait for impressions.

duckroll

People were saying similar things about Transformers prior to release, albeit that game had a more exciting moveset.

When did we even know Transformers was being done by Saito?

We knew from the day it was officially announced. Platinum doesn't hide their directors.

Coda

Kinda bummed how much of a budget title it still looks though. The combat doesn't look like it really packs a punch and I generally am not too thrilled on how it looks at this point. It's not that it looks bad or anything, I just think the game world looks plain and boring and I get a serious sense of Transformers Devastation vibe.

Wish the game was a more traditional 2D beat em up with punchy game play and tons of levels to make the replay value high.

Sanjuro

Got to play some of this as PAX East today. It nails quite a few things well. Also, has some references and sound effects from the arcade games. Mikey's humor and attacks are fantastically fun.

There are a few problems, but it could be based on my level of play and understanding of the game. I couldn't seem to lock on and dash attack to the enemies. Makes running toward them and locating in battle a bit tedious. It's very hectic, although fluid. I just don't think I mastered it.

There were two levels on display. Bebop & Karan.

Top Bottom