• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS KICKSTARTER - A TIER OF POSSIBILITIES

vidcons

Banned
The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa KICKSTARTER is happening.

RIGHT NOW.

You can throw your money at your computer, on the ground, and however you please. Just also send money to these Fabulous Developers.

A Link (This is where your $$$ goes)

Another Link (This is where you catch up on the story)

The Final Link (Petition the Obama Administration to play the game upon its release)

Pay Tier:

$10 - Get the game

$10+ - Your wildest dreams come true

Reviews of The Kickstarter:
Everybody get up, it's time to slam now
We got a real jam goin' down
Welcome to the Space Jam
Here's your chance, do your dance at the Space Jam, alright

Awful try hard name

Beautiful Pics:

0Wj6C.png

q2iyK.png

I like the title, but more people are likely to click on it if they realize it's Barkley 2.

After watching the Kickstarter vid, I'm even more stoked for this. At first I was put off by the move towards being an action-RPG but it looks really well-done.

5efd6f66630e003010fc9ba96321fd3c_large.png

It combines the focus on strong characters and narrative of Eastern RPGs with the non-linearity and openness of Western RPGs, drawing on the best ideas from titles like Realms of Arkania, Fallout, Dark Souls, Romancing SaGa, Dark Sun, Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Things Change Over Time - People, places and quests change over time; the things you experience might be completely different from what your friends experience because you did them at different times. The official Big Idea behind Barkley 2 is that everyone will have a different game - things changing over time is the backbone of this idea.

Randomized Gun's System - Gun's are randomized through a complex system similar to Diablo's or Borderland's, offering millions of possibilities. Shotgun's that shoot ooze, machine gun rocket launchers and gravity rifles are just the tip of the iceberg of our gun's system. Even more than this, you can fuse gun's together in a system similar to demon fusing from the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona series. The weapon combinations are nearly unlimited.

GOTY

Tesseract

Banned
lolol. donated my life savings to this blessedly based ks. haters can shove a basketball up their ass. hoopz.

Everybody get up, it's time to slam now
We got a real jam goin' down
Welcome to the Space Jam
Here's your chance, do your dance at the Space Jam, alright

IF I win the lotto, I'm getting the $1000 reward. I want to make a bunch up a ton of bullshit.

This sounds pretty damn good:
Barkley 2 is an open world action roleplaying game with heavy emphasis on exploration, choice, character development and discovery. It combines the focus on strong characters and narrative of Eastern RPGs with the non-linearity and openness of Western RPGs, drawing on the best ideas from titles like Realms of Arkania, Fallout, Dark Souls, Romancing SaGa, Dark Sun, Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It is a game that combines core roleplaying ideas like character creation and development, quests and choices and consequences with fast-paced, action oriented combat (think Soldat meets Zelda) and Tales of Game's unique and erotic sense of humor. In short: this ain't your grandpa's rollenspiel.
Chipping in a tenner

vidcons

Banned
Passed 30k, only ~5 more till the goals are met.

Can a mod change the title to something more telling? People really need to support this since it is pretty much the most exciting thing happening in games for a whole year.

You know, I just don't know about TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS! I feel as if TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS should be offering something more serious... something more concrete. And of course, with the controversies surrounding Kickstarters nowadays, TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS's viability comes into question. Is TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS really going to deliver? Or is TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS just a cashgrab? The fact TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS's Kickstarter promises so much, with such a small budget...TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS may not deliver. But if TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS doesn't deliver, will the developers of TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS be able to pay everyone back? To all those involved in TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS, I wish you the best of luck. Godspeed to TMRoTnn:EfN7-RoC:TOGotM-C2otHBS's Kickstarter.

I just like that really super-long acronym! Project looks awesome! :3

Can a mod change the title to something more telling? People really need to support this since it is pretty much the most exciting thing happening in games for a whole year.

Again, gotta agree with this. I know this series has a fanbase on GAF but most people are going to look right over this thread based on the title, which is unfortunate because it's worthy of support.

I have never heard of Barkley before, but after I have seen this Kickstarter yesterday, I realized that this must be one of the best games I've never played.

I'm in.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Passed 30k, only ~5 more till the goals are met.

Yeah should have said it was the sequel to Shut Up and Jam

Again, gotta agree with this. I know this series has a fanbase on GAF but most people are going to look right over this thread based on the title, which is unfortunate because it's worthy of support.
The large, unwieldy title is what got me to click on this. Or did it change to that via a mod, and I ignored this thread before? Haha.

vidcons

Banned
Goals have been achieved within 24 hours! This is great, the group really deserves it. Their goals for the game are super lofty so I'm hopeful they get some more funding in to make sure they get all of the content in there.

Good job, gamers. This is awesome.

Top Bottom