• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TNA Wrestling / Impact Ventures Bailed Out By New Partner Anthem Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

According Billy Corgan its not quite over yet:

Billy Corgan states that his loan has not been paid back yet and could challenge in court to have loan converted to 36% stake in company

So he hasn't been paid back yet and might challenge this new partnership.

Probably had to keep her around in some capacity to even allow one of their guys in the company and run the board of managers.

Yeah, that would've been the sole reason they ditched Corgan. He may've been an idiot (Vince Russo fan) but he knew enough to know that Dixie's an absolute moron.

Zombie promotion keeps on shuffling, I suppose. At least for a few more months until Anthem gets sick of Dixie's shit too.

Nay.

Starship Troppers is a badass movie. Just like the Total Recall (my all time fav movie), the remake sucked ass. Dont forget Robocop too.

The original Starship, Total recall and Robocop, they're all by the same director, Paul Verhoeven. You can tell this by the comercials they show in the movie.

Nowhere near as good as Hogan's films brother. He just banked 30M for the last one and he doesn't even remember being cast

Faaaaaaahhhk. I wanted WWE to get the video library.

No way, I couldn't stand the smug history rewriting "Monday Night Wars 2" features vince would no doubt make

Not that you need to rewrite much history for TNA of course, it's been a disaster since day one and only kept alive by Dixie's rich father.

why would you bail out TNA? WHY?

Tape Library + Contracts.

This is assuming they have an idea to turn the company around, otherwise the contracts are obviously not worth the $10M+ they're going to be shelling out to settle all the wages and debt. They could just let the company go bankrupt and grab the tape library there.

I guess if the Aspers are serious about getting into wrestling and willing to use their clout, maybe TNA will go back on the road. They might even be able to get some new TV deals now dixie is no longer in charge. Her still being in the company in ANY position would mean Spike TV is off the table though

According Billy Corgan its not quite over yet:

So he hasn't been paid back yet and might challenge this new partnership.

Anything less than 51% would be worthless and he seemingly knows it. He wants to keep fighting for the 92% he was promised and them not being able to pay him on due date probably keeps him in the fight.

DJChuy

Will TNA ever die? I'm honestly amazed how many chances TNA has gotten.

The only thing I'm interested in TNA now is the Broken Matt storyline. Best thing it's given us.

No way, I couldn't stand the smug history rewriting "Monday Night Wars 2" features vince would no doubt make

Not that you need to rewrite much history for TNA of course, it's been a disaster since day one and only kept alive by Dixie's rich father.

I can't imagine they'd care enough to bury TNA like they do with WCW. And WWE is the only place the library makes any sense, except for TNA itself but even then: what are they doing with it?

Faiz

Having not had the time/inclination to follow wrestling closely in years, I briefly thought Dixie Carter was the actress from Designing Women before realizing she died about 6 years ago.

I can't hate TNA because it gives us real-life storylines that easily trump anything the WWE has done in the past 10 years.

Back in the day who would have thought that in 2016 the front man to the Smashing Pumpkins would be having an all-out war with a wrestling promotion that seemingly crafted a deal with the devil to delay its execution multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom