• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To all LOTRO players: delete Pando Media Booster!

Firestorm

Giolon said:
it's not even the ToS you have to read - there's just a short text box. It's right there sitting in front of your face on the fucking first installer screen:

a14w15.jpg

You can't even try to claim they hid it from you. It even says directly above that as the first line of text that it's installing Pando Media Booster.

See all my comments about taking responsibility for what you install on your own computer.
What the hell? Is the box really set up so it only shows that much text? That seems purposefully deceptive.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Revolutionary said:
Or, you know, pressing the "I agree" button just to move on with the installation.

Yeah, which is what you did 10 years ago when you were a kid and not paying for the internet or a new PC when your old one got infected with a bunch of crappy progz or malware. Now when you're a grown up and you have some experience, you take a bit more responsibility and check stuff before you blindly install it because of all the ridiculous P2P, cookies, spyware, and worthless toolbars that get put into stuff nowadays. This isn't a comment about the OP, nor do I think he's wrong, just that Giolon's comments are right on target.

diddlyD

Banned
holy crap what a promotion made of failure.

they offer the welcome back weekend, 3 days of free play to "come see why the critics are calling siege of mirkwood the expansion of the year!!!". so i patch up and launch, and try to go see what's so cool in the new areas... and the guy who opens up the area says i need to purchase the siege of mirkwood expansion before i can access the new content. BRILLIANT DEMO OF THE NEW EXPANSION! buy something so you can try the demo free for 3 days.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Pando is a piece of shit. Thankfully after the initial download you don't need it any more and can delete it, or if you have discs you never have to touch it in the first place.

Haeleos

diddlyD said:
holy crap what a promotion made of failure.

they offer the welcome back weekend, 3 days of free play to "come see why the critics are calling siege of mirkwood the expansion of the year!!!". so i patch up and launch, and try to go see what's so cool in the new areas... and the guy who opens up the area says i need to purchase the siege of mirkwood expansion before i can access the new content. BRILLIANT DEMO OF THE NEW EXPANSION! buy something so you can try the demo free for 3 days.

If you're level 30, go do skirmishes. Hit ctrl+j.

Curufinwe

I just discovered I have this program in my Control Panel, but I've never played LoTRO.

/googles

Ah fuck, it must have come from when I installed Maple Story for my wife a couple of months ago.

DiscoJer

Yeah, a number of games use Pando.

I got it when I installed Sword of the New World. Where someone made this awesome picture

pando01.jpg

Top Bottom