• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today marks the 15th Anniversary of Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Via Noisy Pixel

Today marks the 15th Anniversary of Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

This Vanillaware Wii action game follows two protagonists with various endings. An enhanced Vita release added DLC episodes with new playable characters.

No modern port is available. :lollipop_crying:

GKp4MGWWkAAycI9

Kupfer

An enhanced Vita release added DLC episodes with new playable characters.

No modern port is available. :lollipop_crying:
The Vita version still is awesome.
Played it last year for the first time since I got it for my birthday and it just looks beautiful on the small OLED screen and controls work like a charme on that little thing.
I can recommend playing that game on the Vita if someone wants to make up for Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Modern port is so obviously a good idea, dunno what's going on with Vanillaware and their hatred of money.
Muramasa is trapped in licensing limbo, they literally haven't figured out how to get the rights back to port it again

Vanillaware is a studio that regularly almost goes bankrupt when trying to finish a game, it happened with both 13 Sentinels and Unicorn Overlord. I'm willing to bet they love money very much and wish they had enough to at least not always be on the brink of insolvency. They give everything they have for their craft

Celcius

°Temp. member
Muramasa is trapped in licensing limbo, they literally haven't figured out how to get the rights back to port it again

Vanillaware is a studio that regularly almost goes bankrupt when trying to finish a game, it happened with both 13 Sentinels and Unicorn Overlord. I'm willing to bet they love money very much and wish they had enough to at least not always be on the brink of insolvency. They give everything they have for their craft
Do you know specifically what the licensing issue is? Does a publisher own part of the game? I’d think whatever they have to pay to get around it would be worth it but here’s hoping they solve it someday.

Sometimes I consider buying a Vita JUST to play this game, especially since you can still buy the game digitally from the PS store. Sigh…

Famipan

At least it’s not a music game stuck in license + Nintendo limbo such as Elite Beat Agents

Last edited:

Katatonic

Still rock this on my Vitas and Wii/WiiU. Other games have tried to copy it's artstyle but none come close. The music is incredible too.

nikos

Turned on the Vita last night and noticed this on the home screen. Still remember buying it while I was on vacation, though I believe that version released June 2013.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ohh the memories.
I had like a thousand gifs from this game, it was from when I first learnt how to make gifs, so their quality is quite bad (forgive me)

God Damn Min.us for going under and taking all my gifs with them.

Momohime fucking shit up.
34AMdcX.gif

Preparing to take a bath after a hard fought battle.
Q8WpH5m.gif

Actual Bath scenes NSFW:
pervert-alert.gif

BlackTron

I haven't played it in an eternity but maintaining the capability to play this game and RE4 Wii Edition is why I still keep a Wii "on deck". But at least RE4 actually needs the hardware this is just a burden. A port seems obvious but I think I heard there are some kind of licensing hurdles?

Top Bottom