• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Todays Tabloid reads: "Gay Aliens Found in UFO Wreckage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
shoplifter said:
Weekly World News? If so, I'll be buying it.

I think it was...saw it in the grocery store over the weekend. It had a picture of two spooning skeletons with big head mode activated.

yoshifumi

Banned
Archaix said:
I think it was...saw it in the grocery store over the weekend. It had a picture of two spooning skeletons with big head mode activated.

:lol that's awesome.

edit: i see the smilies here suck.

shoplifter

Newbie said:
Whatever happened to their psychic, did he die, or is her sister still filling in?

Serena Sabak? That's her 'daughter.' Unless its someone filling in for Serena. The 'mother' was Sophia.

shoplifter

Sophia hasn't been around since the early 90s at the latest. Serena is also known as 'America's sexiest psychic.'

shoplifter

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FF03Aa10.html

I see that 'serena' was in a coma for a while and was replaced by sister Sonya. This article is some great insight into the WWN.

Dotti's and Serena's advice columns were similar fiction. As directed, I made up the letters and the answers until I was flaming out and asked to see if they really got mail. I was hoping to kick-start some ideas. Bad move. It was like asking to watch an autopsy or to see how sausage is made. It turned out Dotti and Serena got lots and lots of mail from lots and lots of people who had no business grasping sharp, pointed objects like pens and pencils. Here's an example, printed verbatim:

"Dear Serena, Please cast a spell for me to win the lottera repeated lottera repeated [sic] so I can do things and to have my husband dead [sic]. I also want his mother dead so more money for me. God Bless You. From Sunny California."

The soap opera continuity of fictitious characters using fake letters in the most far-out grocery store rag, of course.

batboy.jpg

shoplifter

WWN is the fucking BEST. I remember one story in there a while back (around 1990) that actually happened about 20 miles from my home. This woman killed herself by smoking while spraying hairspray. NO one but the people that lived around there would believe me.

I have a story that I've been telling my wife about (read: threatening to write) that I wanted to offer to WWN free of charge. Maybe one day, it'll be published.

METEOR_BIG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom