• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Todd Howard "can't say" whether Skyrim Switch is the original or enhanced edition

Which industry personality is most deserving of the benefit of the doubt with PR?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DrArchon

Everything about Skyrim Switch has been embarassing so far. It was bad enough when Todd couldn't tell anyone whether on not the Switch version was a real game despite it showing up in the fucking reveal trailer, and now we've got this shit? Jesus Christ.

I'm going to assume right now that it'll be in between the original and enhanced version of Skyrim, with maybe a Master Sword and Hylian Shield that you can find somewhere.

xrnzaaas

Not a surprise. He can't confirm that it's probably close to the original last gen version (and worse in portable mode). I still think it's a strange decision by Bethesda to waste their time and effort on making a Switch port work.

wildfire

Banned
No, I assert that it cannot do 60fps.

Better textures, lod and basically og stuff on ultra settings yes but 60fps? lmao

They could but it would be ps3 tier quality.

Now tell me which one do bethesda prioritize?

The guy you quoted and laughed at literally said it would have to be that to hit 60...

Not a surprise. He can't confirm that it's probably close to the original last gen version (and worse in portable mode). I still think it's a strange decision by Bethesda to waste their time and effort on making a Switch port work.
Why would it be worse in portable mode when the Switch is considerably stronger than last gen systems in both modes?

Fuck please be a solid version of the game. I already have the PC version modded out the wazoo so I'm not expecting the best graphics from the Switch version, but it better be the current gen version. FFS, I want to support 3rd parties on Nintendo but the effort has to be there to justify it

m6GcCQ4h.jpg

Leaked screenshot of what it looks like in tablet mode
Going back to that Oblivion UI with Arena graphics.

If it's the enhanced edition he would be bragging about it. I don't think the enhanced edition will be able able to run the Switch hardware and they don't want to turn off people from the game when it releases this fall 5 years after the original.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Thinking more about this, I guess it's probably somewhere in the middle ground between the enhanced and the original edition and the handheld mode is very much like the original edition in terms of graphics. So it's really a custom made Skyrim in this sense.

Top Bottom