• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo/Japan-Gaf, I need your help.

Hey guys, I need help from a fellow gafer that lives in Tokyo. So.. About 3.5 years ago, I had this idea in my head which I started writing on. It originally started for the hell of it, and three years later I'm still writing a long shonen manga. I hired an illustrator and his team a few months ago to create a oneshot, a short story segment of the main story which is a pitch for publishers.

What I am looking for from a fellow gaffer is to go the location (Shueisha) I can send you, ask for a print shop that specializes in manuscript based printing. Once you get it printed (I'll email the files), get a 10 minute meeting if possible to hand the oneshot to an editor. Then, you would just talk to them on my behalf for a few minutes. Based on what I've read, this is common in Japan. I will pay you 250$ CAN via paypal on top of the print shop and train/bus travel cost expenses. I think that is a fair amount for a few hours of your time, but if money is still not enough, PM me. The method is unorthodox mostly because Japan when it comes to manga, it isn't the most user friendly at giving people a shot outside of Japan. It's difficult to find much information even with research. I could ask someone to help me find a number to call them, but I don't believe it would be enough to get their attention (as say someone coming in my place with a printed manuscript ready for review).

Putting all this information here is, to be quite frank, very embarrassing for me. I've told roughly 10(?) people in 3 years of writing what I'm actually doing, mostly because there's a very slim chance of this working and best to talk about something only after it's successful. And yet, I've put this on a very popular website where lots of people I don't know are reading it. I really hope one of you can either personally help me or introduce me to a friend or colleague that can do this for me. I will do my absolute best so this takes as little time as possible. I'd like to know if there is a chance of this happening or not, because not knowing for me is worse than rejection itself. Hopefully, one of you gaffers can help me out. I would really appreciate it.

Top Bottom